Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2024, 06:34:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  IGT S+ 41 code after game change
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT S+ 41 code after game change  (Read 5007 times)
B-52BadByron
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 12

« on: April 21, 2010, 06:13:10 PM »

Changed double diamond game and reel chip to a wild cherry set.  After everything swapped out the clear and set chip were used and the game ran fine for apx 30 spins then got the dreaded 41 code.  Swapped the real 1 and reel 2 wires and still the 41 code.  Any help to fix this would be appreciated.
westec1
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 36

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 06:37:42 PM »

B-52BadByron

try re seating the game board and check the reel harness connections at the top on the game board,

also check the first reel and make sure it is pushed all the way back and not rubbing on the door

Wes

Wes propeller
B-52BadByron
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 10:26:09 PM »

Tried all of your suggestions and problem still exist.  Any aditional suggestions?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 11:09:44 PM »

A "41" means something's wrong with the 1st left-most reel.
Or the harness.
Or one of the components on the MPU board relating to that reel.
I was watching this thread closely because I was waiting to see
if you could respond with great detail on how you swapped the harness around.

What I didn't see is whether or not you switched the middle harness connector with the 1st reel.
Did you switch the physical reels or did you switch the harness connector?
I want to see the "41 error code "travel" - either with the physical reels or the harness connectors.

If you post back with better details, I will have a better idea what is wrong with your machine.
Remember...the more you tell us - the more we will tell you!
B-52BadByron
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 11:27:25 PM »

I did it both ways.  1st I moved the #1 harness to reel #2 and the #2 harness to reel #1, I got the 41 code.  Then I moved reel #1 to reel #2 position and reel #2 to the reel #1 position, I still got the 41 code.  Just swapped out the game and reel chips.  The machine had worked fine up to that point.  After about 30 spins I got the 41 code.  Did the main board just go bad?

Thanks
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 11:32:42 PM »

I did it both ways.  1st I moved the #1 harness to reel #2 and the #2 harness to reel #1, I got the 41 code.  Then I moved reel #1 to reel #2 position and reel #2 to the reel #1 position, I still got the 41 code.  Just swapped out the game and reel chips.  The machine had worked fine up to that point.  After about 30 spins I got the 41 code.  Did the main board just go bad?

Thanks

Did you try removing the chips, inspecting the sockets for broken or missing connectors and reinstalling the chips making sure all pins are seated properly?
B-52BadByron
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 12:00:34 AM »

Cleared the 41 code!  I checked both chips and decided to use the set chip again, that fixed the problem. 
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 12:09:31 AM »

Cleared the 41 code!  I checked both chips and decided to use the set chip again, that fixed the problem. 

Most likley one of the chips or the MPU was not seated properly.

Glad you got it fixed  Clap Clap Clap applause applause applause
B-52BadByron
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 12:18:48 AM »

Thanks for the help! Hail Hail
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2010, 01:03:15 AM »

That's awesome! Give us an update if the error comes back.
I'm hoping it was only a pin contact problem with one of the chips.
B-52BadByron
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2010, 06:49:54 PM »

UPDATE.  Got the 41 code back and a 65 code.  Replaced the #1 reel and replaced the board.  I got tired of fooling around with the machine.  I don't understand how a machine that works perfectly, needs a new reel and gets a bad epron just because of a game change.  I did swich the original #1 reel back after the machine was working and I got the 41-1 code again.  Replaced the reel and game has been working great every since.  Thanks for all of the advice.  You guys are great.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2010, 04:18:41 AM »

That's great to hear BB!
I've made a few mistakes playing with machines and
one of them was pulling out the board while the power was still on.
That simple act causes more problems than anything.
It's a "possible" answer to maybe why your bad became bad but it could
also be just as simple as fatigued antiquated contacts in receptor pins somewhere
or a board component resistor going beyond their values due to the age of these machines.
You just never know sometimes unless you can have a board
fully bench tested out and checked out for bad components.

To do this requires time and money - usually much cheaper & easier just to replace with another one.
That's why most of us slot homeowners go and find extra parts to have for their machines.
You never know when you're going to need 'em!
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2010, 02:49:02 PM »

If you want to find out what is causing you reel problem, you can get your machine in the idle mode, open door and get into the test mode, select the reel tests ( the one that will show the change 0 to 1 as you rotate the reel, this checks out the optics for the reel)  however-----  when you get to that point you will have to turn power off to remove and replace the reel, don't panic when you turn machine back on it will still be in the test mode you just have to return to that test  ( you will hear a click when you turn machine back on)

You must have hit something when replacing the reel strips during the game change, or something in the plug or a loose pin or ???

the same applies to the board, in the process of changing chips something was altered or ????    alot of times some of the tape that was put across the chips gets pushed into one of the pin holes for the IC and it has the same effect as a bent pin.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.