Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2024, 10:26:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  New IGT slot owner with questions- imagine that
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New IGT slot owner with questions- imagine that  (Read 41133 times)
rickh
In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 187

You will be missed rick R.I.P My Friend.

« on: April 24, 2010, 11:23:03 PM »

I am Rick... just bought a IGT Triple Bonanza slot machine cheap... it quit working for the owner and she didnt want to pay a tech 100+ dollars to fix it.

It had a code 12... battery low. I got a battery today and replaced it. Now, a code 61.... I went thru the steps and got the 61-1, closed the door... turned the reset.... nothing. Did it twice with no fix... now it wont go to 61-1. I assume I need to clear the ram. This is where I get lost... what ram chip? How do I know which to get?

In the meantime, would you all suggest cleaning up the contacts all thru it, since I dont know the machines history?

Side note.. I learned so much on here today looking for answers, my brain is leaking. Thank you all for what I already learned. Great site.

Rick

You will be missed rick R.I.P My Friend. SEE LINK: http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=14215.0
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 440

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 11:51:16 PM »

Did you turn the reset key or turn and hold the reset key? You have to hold it until it beeps (dings, farts, belches...). Crazy Cry Laughing

Thanks,
Bill
Slotmaster
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 172

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 11:59:13 PM »

I am guessing here as it's been ages since I have worked on a S+ but you will need a SET chip since you lost all the settings when you changed the battery.    However you also need to be sure the door is being seen as shut.   The problem is you do not know the history of the machine as when it was last workging.  

This being said I would check all connections and be sure that the door optics are there and aligned up.   Same goes for the jackpot reset key contact, you need to be sure this is working as well to the backplane.  The machine shoudl resond when turned.  

Sounds like the board is working and is waiting for either of the above.  

rickh

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 12:04:50 AM »

ok... like I said, it went to 61-1 twice and did make sounds..... I will retry again after double checking the door.

I was told it just stopped working. It was bought by a lady for her mother who is crippled up... she loved the slots and would sit and play most of the day. I got it for $200, the tech guy at the slot repair place offered $150 and I outbid him... mostly doing a favor for this lady while wanting to learn how to fix a slot machine.... besides, my wife loves slots so I get brownie points.

I will report back....

You will be missed rick R.I.P My Friend. SEE LINK: http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=14215.0
rickh

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 12:44:58 AM »

ok.. the candle is flashing the lower light fast.... which mean the door is open. The optics are there, not sure how to test them other than replacing them Smiley

The 61 still wont change to 61-1... is this due to the door open error?

brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 12:53:50 AM »

ok.. the candle is flashing the lower light fast.... which mean the door is open. The optics are there, not sure how to test them other than replacing them Smiley

The 61 still wont change to 61-1... is this due to the door open error?

Most likely... First step: use a digital camera to look at the emitter (on the door), you should see it blinking. It's infrared, so you can't see it with your eyes.

If it's blinking, you can peek in through the reel glass to see if they line up properly (emitter and receiver). They're mounted on slotted plastic so they can be adjusted.

You'll also need to check the belly door (bottom one) for a switch, and for another switch for the door where the cash can goes. Shorting the wires for the belly and cash door switches will signal door closed for both of these.

Thanks,
Bill
rickh

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 01:51:44 AM »

ok... the main door emitter glows in the digital camera. I am not positive they are lining up, so I pulled the receiver and lined it up with the emitter... the light kept flashing.

The switch on the cash box door looks to already be shorted.... wires are green and red.

There is no switch on the belly door and nothing I see that has been shorted.

I am putting pics up next.

rickh

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 02:28:13 AM »

ok, here is the machine.... and a picture of the door switch for the money box.... and a shot of the belly door open, where I see no switch (next reply)

* IMG_3520.JPG (145.81 KB, 922x1229 - viewed 257 times.)

* IMG_3517.JPG (126.26 KB, 1229x922 - viewed 256 times.)

rickh

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010, 02:29:09 AM »

belly door and inside of main door, lower half.

* IMG_3519.JPG (162.54 KB, 1229x922 - viewed 268 times.)

* IMG_3518.JPG (162.54 KB, 1229x922 - viewed 250 times.)

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2010, 03:04:53 AM »

Rich  I hope you and Brichter don't short out the  wires going to the cash can switch, but it's OK to connect them together. lol   I'm going to put a link for you to read, I think this thread will help you also might I suggest read anything Jim post about S+s you wont go wrong

Show Posts 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 18 
1   **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines / IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. / Re: IGT S+ - 6AMP FUSE BLOWN - NOW NO GAME? 

I guess I messed this one all up no link  The post was April 1 this year
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 03:13:23 AM by Buzz » Logged

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2010, 04:07:04 AM »

ok, here is the machine.... and a picture of the door switch for the money box.... and a shot of the belly door open, where I see no switch (next reply)

Where's the wires that went to the switch in the #2 picture? They should be connected together (shorting the switch... Tongue Out)...

Thanks,
Bill
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2010, 05:05:45 AM »

Is it just me? Picture IMG_3520 shows a 1 in the coin in and no numbers in the credit or winner paid windows, and the DBV bezel appears to be lit (although the insert coin light is not), and the reels have spun to the 0,0,0 home position. Have you tried dropping a coin into the machine?

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2010, 05:59:00 AM »

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=7004.msg62550#msg62550     

I knew if I messed around long enough I'd com up with something!! applause applause

Bill     My deff. of a short is, you will see sparks and blow fuses

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Slotmaster

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2010, 11:05:52 AM »

I far as I can remember that since you changed the batt the bill validator needs to be set again to enable.  This can only be done with a Set Chip.

So you will only get the coins to work.

Make sure the sample coin in the CC matches the coins you are using.

I could be wrong but I think there are two door swiches, one optic and one a cherry switch.

So if you manually line up the optics but do not close the other swtich it will not see the door closed.

rickh

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2010, 11:37:09 AM »

When I drop a coin in, it goes straight to the tray. The sample coin is the same as the coin I am dropping in, but I will double check that. I got a can of tokens with this machine and that is what I am using.

I was told up front that there is something wrong with the dollar bill validator, for our use I dont care if it works or not, as long as it doesnt keep the machine from working.

Thanks for the responses.

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2010, 11:40:13 AM »

Since it seems like you don't have a clear chip or SET chip on hand -
Can you try Statfreak's suggestion in the link on Buzz's post?

What Stat said was to take out the MPU board (With POWER OFF!!!),
remove the CMOS chip and ground the legs on something metal.
Be careful not to bend the legs and make sure the notch at the end of the
chip goes back in the same direction when you put it back in the chip socket.

Grounding out the legs on the CMOS eprom chip will sometimes act like a clear chip.

Re-install the MPU board and tray into the machine and power it on.
You should get a [61].
Press the test button for a couple of secs will get you a [61-1].
Close the door and turn the reset key may get you to "boot up" the MPU
and the reels will do their "maiden spin".
Wait a couple of seconds and then drop a couple of coins and report back your results!  yes
Remember, the candle will continue to flash until you complete one full game.
rickh

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2010, 01:34:36 PM »

ok.. I am going to do this after I take a nice ride on the Harley today.... yes, it clears the head. I will report my findings later today.

Thank you all, I have learned lots so far.

Slotmaster

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2010, 01:58:48 PM »

Grounding out the legs on the CMOS eprom chip will sometimes act like a clear chip.

You should get a [61].
Wait a couple of seconds and then drop a couple of coins and report back your results!  yes

Just note when he changed the batt it cleared the NVRAM, I don't see the need to mess with the NVRAM chips. The issue appears to be a door clousre issue.  If the game is indeed ready to take coins put a quater in the coin comparitor and feed the machine quaters.  If the tokens are not exactly the same mint they will not work even if they are the same size.

There was no game change or chip change, he will need the SET chip to enable the BV if he wants to get that going.  Otherwise you can get it to take coins just no bills. 

rickh

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2010, 02:51:44 PM »

Is it just me? Picture IMG_3520 shows a 1 in the coin in and no numbers in the credit or winner paid windows, and the DBV bezel appears to be lit (although the insert coin light is not), and the reels have spun to the 0,0,0 home position. Have you tried dropping a coin into the machine?

both the red and green wires are hooked together in that spade connector, thus "shorting" them... I assume. Nothing was hooked to the switch and those wires are the only ones near the door switch.

StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2010, 04:51:14 PM »

both the red and green wires are hooked together in that spade connector, thus "shorting" them... I assume. Nothing was hooked to the switch and those wires are the only ones near the door switch.

Scratch Head  I was referring to picture 3520. I think that you might be looking at picture 3517 ? Scratch Head 2

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
rickh

« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2010, 06:57:21 PM »

sorry statfreak...... I think I took the picture after playing with the reset key.... I am going to try the rest of the suggestions shortly, my ride is done.

rickh

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2010, 09:56:11 PM »

You should get a [61].
Wait a couple of seconds and then drop a couple of coins and report back your results!  yes

OK... I tried this, step by step. Then I powered it up.... code 61 shows up... I push test for a few seconds and it goes to 61-1 and the candle quits flashing ... I close the door tightly and reset.... 61 comes back and nothing from the machine itself, no noise and no movement of the reels. I put a quarter in the coin viewer (?) and drop a quarter in and it drops straight thru.

I am gonna unplug it/replug it in and go thru the steps again..... this is almost fun :/

knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2010, 11:24:57 PM »

If you're stuck in a 61 loop, you more than likely need a clear chip.  You are doing the correct procedure, which is once you have the 61, press and hold the small white self-test button until you hear a ding and get a 61-1.  After that, close the door, and turn and release the jackpot reset key.

If that is just bringing you back to a 61 message, then you're in a loop and need to clear.  You can purchase a clear chip from one of the vendors on the site (like Jim at Blueridge) by contacting them directly, or by placing a WTB (Want To Buy) ad in the classifieds section of the board.  While you're buying a clear chip, you should at the same time obtain a SET chip.  Once we get your machine working, a SET chip will enable the bill validator and likely get that to work as well.  The price for the pair of chips shouldn't be more than $25.00.

Don't get discouraged -- we'll help you get your machine up and running, and once it is it'll run for a long time -- the S+ machines are tanks.

To everyone else: Are there any NLG members in Phoenix where Rick is located to perhaps lend a clear chip and help him in person?

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
rickh

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2010, 12:33:09 AM »

Thanks dude... I actually have a clear and set chip on the way, as of this afternoon.

I really dont get discouraged, I have grown patience with age.... I do realize I am stuck at a point that I cant procede without the chips you mentioned. After spending hours reading on this site, I have no doubt we will fix it and with the knowledge I am gaining, I will be helpful to someone someday.

The lady I got it from saw me today... she didnt own it, it was her coworkers.... she said they used the token I have in it all the time, so I assume they should work ok. She was impressed I got as far as I did, which opened me up to praising you all.

I dont know these machines much, but I know Harleys inside out... so if anyone here needs help with one, just ask.

CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2010, 05:08:05 PM »

Thanks dude... I actually have a clear and set chip on the way, as of this afternoon.

I really dont get discouraged, I have grown patience with age.... I do realize I am stuck at a point that I cant procede without the chips you mentioned. After spending hours reading on this site, I have no doubt we will fix it and with the knowledge I am gaining, I will be helpful to someone someday.

The lady I got it from saw me today... she didnt own it, it was her coworkers.... she said they used the token I have in it all the time, so I assume they should work ok. She was impressed I got as far as I did, which opened me up to praising you all.

I dont know these machines much, but I know Harleys inside out... so if anyone here needs help with one, just ask.

You are doing great, and I am sure that you will get it up and running. As has been said, those S+'s are great machines and are like tanks! Thanks for your great positive attitude!! It is appreciated by all, you will soon be a slot addict, that is uless you already are? bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

K+ (Karma+) to you for the fun of it and your great posts. Clap Clap Clap (Also to the helpers here in this post!)

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy
 nlg ADMIN

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.