Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2024, 12:34:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  IGT Hot Peppers / stop the sylinoid ckick.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT Hot Peppers / stop the sylinoid ckick.  (Read 4810 times)
joshmail
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 4

« on: April 27, 2010, 12:47:38 AM »

I have a IGT Hot Peppers, Can any one tell me how to stop the sylinoid click on reel stops and change it so the sound comes out the speaker instead?

Thanks

* DSC01478.JPG (131.89 KB, 640x480 - viewed 270 times.)
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 751

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 03:59:28 PM »

You need to go into the menu under Option, then Sound, then under that list look for Reel Stop Sound.  Change the setting to read "Speaker".  Currently it is set for solenoid.

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 05:33:06 PM »

It looks like an S+ there.
It all depends on what SP chip you have in there.
Sometimes you can change the sounds with your dip switches on the MPU board.
But you won't be allowed to turn off the reel "Stop" sound.
It's built into S+'s. The only option is to turn off the reel "spin" sounds.
Other SP chips have different options and may be changed through the settings.
I'm not sure if there is any option to turn off the solenoid click.>>>

* dip switches.png (89.55 KB, 655x350 - viewed 311 times.)
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 751

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 05:46:44 PM »

Oops sorry...I read it too quick while inhaling my lunch.  Just assumed it was a S2000...thanks for the correction.

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 05:35:13 AM »

Thread moved to the S+ board.

StatFreak garfield
nlg  Global Moderator

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 04:17:31 PM »

Changing the reel spin sound on the S+ will make it generate the reel stop sound from the speaker, rather than clacking the solenoid.  The down side of that, however, is that you lose the reel spin sound -- all you'll get when you spin is silence and the three generated stop sounds.

Joshmail- If you can post the SP chip number in your machine, we can give you insturctions specific to your chip as to how to change the setting.  If you don't know what SP chip you have, follow the directions here to determine the chip number.

Edit: Also, see this old thread about the issue -- it identifies a few options you have, including one I like -- adding a small piece of rubber to dampen the clacking sound.  It'll still make a little noise, but greatly reduced and you'll keep your reel spin sounds and the handle will work correctly.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 04:24:47 PM by knagl » Logged

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
joshmail

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 08:14:26 PM »

Thanks for the info.
joshmail

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 08:17:36 PM »

Could you tell me if this is a S+ also? It has a one pice case and the power switch is below the hopper, unlike my Hot Peppers. 

* DSC01476.JPG (132.32 KB, 640x480 - viewed 295 times.)
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 09:13:49 PM »

That one is an older S+.
They put the power switch next the the right hopper rail.
They don't have bill acceptors.
Tell you what though, that's a very good game title in there!  yes
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 01:00:39 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 10:46:00 PM »

I agree that it looks like an early S+, but a picture of the MPU board on the inside of the machine (turn the power off before you remove or insert the board -- NEVER remove or insert boards when the power is on) would confirm it for sure.  It could be an "S", but I'm leaning towards S+.

...and yes, 5-line Double Diamond is a great theme.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
joshmail

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2010, 12:03:57 AM »

Your will kill me for saying this....but....I stole it from a old lady for $250 did I get a deal  CatEyes
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2010, 05:02:27 AM »

I stole it from a old lady for $250 did I get a deal

The answer is, "it depends on your location."

You didn't do badly at all!  $250 for a working S+, especially with a hard to find theme and the 5-line stepper box (the light shadow box behind the reel glass that lights up next to each payline as you insert coins).  You didn't overpay, that's for sure.

That said, if you're in a state where the machines are a dime a dozen, then it wasn't the steal of the century, but it still was a good price.  Retail you'd be paying at least double what you paid.  Wholesale, less than what you paid.

I believe I paid $300 for two of my S+ machines, and got really lucky and got one on Craigslist for $50 (working!) (now that was a steal).  All three I have bought were the newer S+ cabinets, and two of the three had bill validators, so factor that in, too.  I live in a state where slots are legal and more plentiful, too.  If you live in an unfriendly state, then machines tend to be more expensive and you did that much better.

joshmail

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2010, 02:31:45 AM »

I live in the "wild west" Arizona and yes if I had the money, and somtimes I do, I can finde them for 250-350 I saw a 5 times pay IGT With bill validator and a 5 line pay line $250 I was $50 short :25-ERRRRRRRR. oh well next time.

BTY Thx for the info.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.