Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:00:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Progressive Controllers, Displays and Slot Toppers
| |-+  Mikohn Progressive Systems.
| | |-+  PROGRAMMING PROGRESSIVES...
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PROGRAMMING PROGRESSIVES...  (Read 17544 times)
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2008, 04:16:07 AM »

Looks great and thank you for sharing!  applause applause applause

CaptainHappy  CaptainHappy
NLG ADMIN

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
idesign
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 509

If it aint broke why mess with it?????

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2008, 11:38:15 AM »

Let us know if you are successful making it work with the S2000.
hdm72222
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2012, 02:28:58 PM »

Foster
Have a Great Day!!

Members Rating: 7
[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

Re: Programming Progressive
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 11:13:08 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PSP is a dos program, will work with computers with win95,98, 98 SE, ME, XP and maybe Windows NT 4.0 workstation and Windows 2000 Workstation.
Do not even think of using it in Vista unless you use Sun Virtual Box or VMWare and install 98, 98 SE or XP as the Guest OS.

Recommend having a regular serial/com port and not using a USB to Serial adapter.  A USB to Serial adapter may work for you it did for me.
I have heard others have not had any luck using one.
The Serial port must be configured for COM1 or COM2, PSP only supports COM1 or COM2.

Do you only the two Con1 with PS and display, or do you have additional Mikohn hardware in the machines already?
I am not sure but if all you have is the two Con1's you need the actual progressive controller. especially since they are labeled link on the eprom.
Basically the Con1's uplink the coin-in signals to the progressive contoller,PSP is a dos program, will work with computers with win95,98, 98 SE, ME, XP and maybe Windows NT 4.0 workstation and Windows 2000
Do not even think of using it in Vista unless you use Sun Virtual Box or VMWare and install 98, 98 SE or XP.

Recommend having a regular serial/com port and not using a USB to Serial adapter.  A USB to Serial adapter may work for you it did for me.
I have heard others have not had any luck using one.
The Serial port must be configured for COM1 or COM2, PSP only supports COM1 or COM2.

I would install it to C:\PSP
Do you only the two Con1 with PS and display, or do you have additional Mikohn hardware in the machines already?
From what I know about con1 they also need a progressive controller as well. I have it backwords meaning that the Con1 is the progressive controller and you need the machine to con1 driver.
Con1 only transmits Coin-in, Machine Jackpot signal, maybd keep the machine updated on the current amount to the machine and maybe win amount to the machine that hits a progressive win. (I am not sure if con1 can do the amounts back to machine or not I know the Cham II/II+ can)

Joey and Jay if I remember right are the experts on the Con1 and how to use them. 

« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 11:50:31 PM by Foster »  Report to moderator    Logged 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Slots are Fun

Member of Rick's SMAA

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.