Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:08:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Progressive Controllers, Displays and Slot Toppers
| |-+  Mikohn Progressive Systems.
| | |-+  PROGRAMMING PROGRESSIVES...
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: PROGRAMMING PROGRESSIVES...  (Read 17527 times)
Thor777
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 415

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« on: September 16, 2008, 03:41:56 AM »

Programming Progressive
« on: August 25, 2008, 09:09:12 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi all...rather new here but I have been also searching for the "PSP program"...I found the manual in pdf format in the upload section but haven't been able to find anywhere to get psp itself as I have recently purchased 2 progressive meters , 2- 12X 2 meters, ribbon cables, power supply w/2 logic controller boards, software installed. There are 2 CHAMELEON 1 IN-MACHINE controller boards with the following label: 341-001-80 LINKER/E (1). The eprom in the U19 has the following label: LINK E V7.22 (c) MIKOHN 1993 12c mini cs CEB8. The power supply has the following label: 780-027-50 P/S, 50W, A/R, IEC (0). The meters have the following label: 341-002-00B 12c2in DISP (1).

I have a IGT RWB 3C Single payline machine and a Wild Cherry Pie Video bonus 2c and would like to hook either one (or both) to work as a progressive 

ANY and ALL help, thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated...!!! 

Report to moderator    98.145.0.66 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your Jedi mind tricks will not work on me !

My CAT is smarter than your honor student  !!!
Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 03:43:23 AM »

Foster
Have a Great Day!!

Members Rating: 7
[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

Re: Programming Progressive
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 11:13:08 PM »   

PSP is a dos program, will work with computers with win95,98, 98 SE, ME, XP and maybe Windows NT 4.0 workstation and Windows 2000 Workstation.
Do not even think of using it in Vista unless you use Sun Virtual Box or VMWare and install 98, 98 SE or XP as the Guest OS.

Recommend having a regular serial/com port and not using a USB to Serial adapter.  A USB to Serial adapter may work for you it did for me.
I have heard others have not had any luck using one.
The Serial port must be configured for COM1 or COM2, PSP only supports COM1 or COM2.

Do you only the two Con1 with PS and display, or do you have additional Mikohn hardware in the machines already?
I am not sure but if all you have is the two Con1's you need the actual progressive controller. especially since they are labeled link on the eprom.
Basically the Con1's uplink the coin-in signals to the progressive contoller,PSP is a dos program, will work with computers with win95,98, 98 SE, ME, XP and maybe Windows NT 4.0 workstation and Windows 2000
Do not even think of using it in Vista unless you use Sun Virtual Box or VMWare and install 98, 98 SE or XP.

Recommend having a regular serial/com port and not using a USB to Serial adapter.  A USB to Serial adapter may work for you it did for me.
I have heard others have not had any luck using one.
The Serial port must be configured for COM1 or COM2, PSP only supports COM1 or COM2.

I would install it to C:\PSP
Do you only the two Con1 with PS and display, or do you have additional Mikohn hardware in the machines already?
From what I know about con1 they also need a progressive controller as well. I have it backwords meaning that the Con1 is the progressive controller and you need the machine to con1 driver.
Con1 only transmits Coin-in, Machine Jackpot signal, maybd keep the machine updated on the current amount to the machine and maybe win amount to the machine that hits a progressive win. (I am not sure if con1 can do the amounts back to machine or not I know the Cham II/II+ can)

Joey and Jay if I remember right are the experts on the Con1 and how to use them. 

« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 11:50:31 PM by Foster »  Report to moderator    Logged 

Slots are Fun

Member of Rick's SMAA

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 03:44:38 AM »

StatFreak
NLG Document and FAQ Writer.

Members Rating: 2541
[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

SpamBurgers! Proudly using all parts of the pig!

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 01:11:02 PM »   

Quote from: Foster on August 25, 2008, 11:13:08 PM
I am not sure but if all you have is the two Con1's you need the actual progressive controller. especially since they are labeled link on the eprom.
Basically the Con1's uplink the coin-in signals to the progressive contoller,PSP is a dos program, will work with computers with win95,98, 98 SE, ME, XP and maybe Windows NT 4.0 workstation and Windows 2000
From what I know about con1 they also need a progressive controller as well. I have it backwords meaning that the Con1 is the progressive controller and you need the machine to con1 driver.
Con1 only transmits Coin-in, Machine Jackpot signal, maybd keep the machine updated on the current amount to the machine and maybe win amount to the machine that hits a progressive win. (I am not sure if con1 can do the amounts back to machine or not I know the Cham II/II+ can)

The con1 acts as the progressive controller. It receives the coin-in pulses from up to 32 machines and keeps track of the progressive amount. It sends the value to display back to the in-machine link controllers (CHAM I aka LED5) which in turn drive the display which shows the value.

Thor777 you appear to be missing the con1. You will need one to get the LED5's (CHAM I) working. You program the con1 with the PSP software. With this setup you will have the two machines set as a bank of machines with a single shared progressive amount.

If you want each machine to have its own stand-alone progressive system then you will need to buy two CHAM II+ units instead. I'm not sure if the power supplies are the same for the CHAM I and the CHAMII+. I'm also not sure if the connections to the display meters are the same.You may only need the boards. I defer to the experts to answer these questions.   

Report to moderator    Logged 

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 03:45:42 AM »

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 01:27:56 PM »   

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 03:51:10 AM »

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 06:14:28 PM »   

To everone...I am very impressed with the quickness with which yo all are trying to help me out...This site is great!...

I am uploading some pics of the progressive equipment i have...hope this will help identify what I might need to aquire to make a working stand alone OR link both machines together?

I just hope I can help someone as much as you have helped me sometime...Thanks!

* displays.jpg (35.97 KB, 640x393 - viewed 357 times.)

* displays2.jpg (56.96 KB, 437x480 - viewed 376 times.)

* empty.jpg (56.68 KB, 640x342 - viewed 353 times.)

* thor1.jpg (67.5 KB, 640x373 - viewed 393 times.)

* wholeballofwax.jpg (56.88 KB, 640x375 - viewed 376 times.)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 01:41:08 AM by Thor777 » Logged

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 03:52:41 AM »

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 10:55:13 PM »   

Quote from: Thor777 on August 26, 2008, 10:29:36 PM
Quote from: Brianzz on August 26, 2008, 06:36:53 PM
I saw that on ebay, I was wondering if it'd turn up here. Can't help you with what you got or programming tho' I'm sure PSP programs it.

Check your email

Yea, I still am trying to figure out if I need any other hardware...I plan to play with PSP this weekend...

You will need a con1 to program.   Nice looking machines.  Nicer looking Star Trek holographic record frames! 

btw, we tend to pick things apart around here so let me be the first to notice that you should put on a shirt when you take pictures of your slots!*     

<ADD> * PS: I've been known to be guilty of the same thing but I try to angle the shots so that I don't show up in the chrome. 

« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 11:01:42 PM by StatFreak »  Report to moderator    Logged 

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 03:54:44 AM »

Thor777
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2008, 12:12:09 PM »   

Quote from: brichter on September 07, 2008, 10:31:00 AM
You could set up a display in both machines, then an external overhead on a 1X2 or 1X3 with graphics as well as the progressive amount!

My original intention was to indeed use two displays as externals...one on top showing all my message (jackx.do) files and one below that which would always have the current progressive amount...

I have two MiniChameleon displays that appear to be 1 cell high and 12 wide?  (about 2.5" high and 16" wide) ... Not sure what they are officially called 

But it seems  like these would fit nicely into that "blank" area just above the reel glass, the external would be better just in case I get any more machines in the collection    (thus the addiction)

« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 12:13:42 PM by Thor777 »  Report to moderator    98.145.0.66 

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 03:55:51 AM »

brichter
Contributing Gold NLG Member.
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Members Rating: 219
[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

No longer looking for a WHITE!!11one1! slot stand.

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2008, 10:31:00 AM »   

Quote from: Thor777 on September 06, 2008, 11:33:38 PM

Then i can decide if I want one external display or if I should put one in each machine

The addiction is not strong with you yet...

You could set up a display in both machines, then an external overhead on a 1X2 or 1X3 with graphics as well as the progrssive amount! My personal choice is the 1X3, but only because that's the biggest I could find...

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 03:56:49 AM »

Foster
Have a Great Day!!

[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2008, 11:42:56 PM »   

The S2000 will get particular with you about the progressive. IT is still a linked progressive. and if the Con1 is not capable of returning certain info back to the s2000. The S2000 will think the link is down and go into a Link Progressive down tilt -- means no game play on the s2000 until it fully working.

Let me pull the info from my Cham II+ config for the S2000. of coarse if the con1 firmware is too old it may not work at all.

I know some s2000/I game/etc platforms require 2.11 SA on Cham II+, Not sure about the Con1, havent had the luck to own one yet.

Setting that are criticial in for S2000 connected to Cham II+
M-08 3sec MS05

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 03:57:40 AM »

Thor777

Members Rating: 3

Slave to my Cats !!!

« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2008, 06:15:16 PM »   

Ok... I was able to get the S+ to increment the CON1 ---> LED5 ---> Display  by using the 2 left pins on J12 on the motherboard   

Still really don't see how this will trigger a progressive win with the CON1..  I will have to do more research 

All thats left is the S2000 Vision machine interface if thats even possible 

At least now I know the whole thing works and was well worth the mony spent and all the effort...I learned a lot after knowing NOTHING about progressives ... 

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 03:58:26 AM »

Thor777

Slave to my Cats !!!

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2008, 02:22:02 PM »   

Just finished spending all morning and part of the afternoon finishing up programming ALL of the JACK 1-4.DO messages and the JPOT.DO and MESS.DO files.   

W O W ! ,  There sure are a LOT of combinations of display codes that can be used and some of them don't react well with others 

Just checked the mail and found my KEY CHIP has arrived !      I now have everthing I need to finish this

I wish to thank everone that has helped me on this as I am VERY HAPPY with the way the displays turned out !    This forum has a wealth of information available and I could spend weeks looking through it all...

After I actually get the displays mounted on the backboard I plan to make and if I ever get them interfaced to my machines properly I can't wait to send pics...   

« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 02:36:49 PM by Thor777 »  Report to moderator    98.145.0.66 

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 03:59:19 AM »

Thor777

Slave to my Cats !!!

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2008, 09:34:05 AM »   

Quote from: idesign on September 06, 2008, 09:16:52 AM
Are you sure the game in your Vision supports progressive?

Also, are you sure a CON1 will work with a Vision?

Yes...I have "Wild Cherry Pie" S2000 and the progressive(s) are turned on electronely by the cash, credit and spin buttons and the vision display. However the progressive option along with game  or denomination changes can only be accessed if a "KEY" chip is used...l

No... I am not positive the CON1 can be interfaced with a S2000 but I think somewhere in my travels of reading all these posts it had been done...hummmm 

I was hoping someone could tell me "where" the Con1 is interfaced to the machines themselves 

The S+ iprogressive is controlled by dip switches on the main board and is currently working with a stand alone "mini photon" progressive.   

« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 09:39:08 AM by Thor777 »  Report to moderator    98.145.0.66 

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2008, 04:00:08 AM »

Thor777

Slave to my Cats !!!

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2008, 09:08:18 AM »   

Quote from: Foster on August 31, 2008, 09:52:26 PM
Key chip is required for S2000/Vision/etc, I would not enable it until you are ready to test the progressive setup on the S2000,
or else your S2000 will tilt until the progressive controlller is interfaced to the s2000, or you disable progressive on the s2000
The S+ wont care aabout its link progressive (unless it is a WAN progressive)

OK everone...I took a older computer I had in the closet and installed DOS 6.22 along with PSP2...hooked up a straight through cable and commenced to programming the jackpots and message files...

To my amazement...IT ALL WENT VERY SMOOTHLY with no errors    and I now have a progressive ready to be interfaced with my S+ and my S2000 vision...   

I assume the CON1 is hooked up to the  Common and Coin in on the S+ but not sure as I don't see how this would trigger a jackpot?   

Also am unsure about interfacing the S2000 vision slot ?   

Seems I have done enough reading to last me a lifetime with this project   so I was hoping someone here might have a quick solution or point me in the right direction...

I have a KEY chip on the way to enable the progressive on the vision machine if needed...

Report to moderator    98.145.0.66 

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2008, 04:00:51 AM »

Foster
Have a Great Day!!

[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2008, 09:52:26 PM »   

S+Progressive is enabled either by dips or set chip depending on SP (Game) chip on the 10Mhz boards, 16MHz boards set chip only.

Key chip is required for S2000/Vision/etc, I would not enable it until you are ready to test the progressive setup on the S2000,
or else your S2000 will tilt until the progressive controlller is interfaced to the s2000, or you disable progressive on the s2000
The S+ wont care aabout its link progressive (unless it is a WAN progressive)

« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 09:58:22 PM by Foster »  Report to moderator    Logged 

Slots are Fun

Member of Rick's SMAA

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2008, 04:02:09 AM »

r273
Sr. Resident Rookie
Contributing Gold NLG Member.
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Members Rating: 264
[Good Karma] [Bad Karma]

Muffy

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2008, 03:40:13 AM »   

Quote from: Thor777 on August 28, 2008, 05:15:46 PM
You guys are all great!...Much thanks to everone that has helped me...I have always wanted to add a linked progressive to my machines...Now I have a lot of reading, learning, work (and play) to do...I will let you all know of the results with pics if it all works out!!!.... 

BTW  here is a link to my site where you can ger a FREEWARE copy of my very own verson of a classic slot game... 

just remember to run this you MUST have direct x ver 9.0C or higher

If you decide to check out the site I KNOW you guys like to pick things apart please understand the site is by no means complete and need a LOT of work...

LINK:   http://www.czur.net/ccs.htm

BTW...Thanks StatFreak...I did indeed contact Joey...

Cool game, thanks for sharing. K+ for you.

Report to moderator    Logged 

knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2008, 06:47:37 AM »

Information on a jpot.do file for the PSP software and a ChamII+ meter:

Originally posted by cessnac182golf on 3/17/2006
How are you writing the time for the jackpot? I started with the jackpot symbol 8 then then F1 and write the message. The jackpot display runs 5 seconds then the message then repeats. I tried adding the speed comand before the token but it still runs 5 seconds. Placing it after causes an error.    Thanks!    Tim

Originally posted by rickhunter on 3/17/2006
see attached (picture).  The 9 represents "time" it's close to 9 seconds, probably a little less.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2008, 06:49:53 AM »

Tips on successfull ChamII+ programming:

Originally posted by StatFreak on 1/11/2008
don't forget the little pesky bug that many of us have experienced. For many of us, the ChamII+ will only accept a new jpot.do file right after bootup. The rest of the time it will say that the file uploaded, but it doesn't work.

For complex messages it takes many uploads and testing to get the timing and look just right. What I do when I'm working on a file and testing is to make a simple obvious change in the FIRST paragraph of the file EVERY time I upload. That way I can be sure that the newest version "took" without waiting for the place that I'm working on in the file to display, which could be a couple of minutes into the program. (It sucks to wait all that time only to find that your change didn't upload) Then when I'm finished I reset the change to my desired setting on the last upload.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2008, 06:53:20 AM »

Where your ChamII+ progressive meter cable plugs into your S+ upright motherboard to get the pulses it needs to increment the jackpot.

Originally posted by brichter on 1/12/2008

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2008, 01:38:59 AM »

idesign
Site Administrator

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2008, 01:52:08 PM »   

Here are a few photos of my 1 X 3 and 2 X 3.  A CON2 is driving it all.  I set the 1 X 3 to only show the progressive jackpot while the 2 X 3 rotates thru several animated graphics screens and alternates with the jackpot amount.

* PC100002.jpg (86.74 KB, 306x408 - viewed 372 times.)

* PC100004.jpg (89.31 KB, 306x444 - viewed 371 times.)

* PC100006.jpg (88.1 KB, 306x430 - viewed 361 times.)

Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2008, 09:42:41 PM »

GENTLEMEN (and Ladies)...

Finally after all the help I received in this thread and years, no months, humm mabey hours of labour I am pleased to announce my finished homemade progressive sign  applause garfield yes Ecstatic / Top Award Dancing Party 
  (well, I still have to paint the sides and put the plexiglass on the front for protection of the graphics)

* CCS_pro2.jpg (59.48 KB, 453x516 - viewed 316 times.)

* CCS_pro1.jpg (54.19 KB, 453x480 - viewed 359 times.)

* CCS_pro3.jpg (57.09 KB, 496x480 - viewed 404 times.)

* CCS_pro4.jpg (42.13 KB, 496x432 - viewed 367 times.)

* CCS_pro5.jpg (409.96 KB, 1928x1697 - viewed 347 times.)

westec1
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 36

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2008, 10:22:52 PM »

Very nice work, looks great applause applause

nice to see the completed setup in back as well

Great job, is it hooked up to both your machines? Cool Thumbs-Up wine

Wes

Wes propeller
Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2008, 10:41:42 PM »

Great job, is it hooked up to both your machines? Cool Thumbs-Up wine
Wes

It is currently hooked up to the RWB that it is sitting on and the wiring is in place from the progressive to the S2000. but not linked in yet.

I received the proper KEY chip and have the S2000 set up for progressive but haven't had the time to look up the proper location to tap into the wiring  lightning bolt

and YES.. I do have a cover on the back with 2 zillion holes drilled into it for proper ventilation

edski
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 123

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2008, 10:57:06 PM »

Excellent work!! yes yes yes

What did you use for the artwork?

Ed

Spoiled Rotten Birds
Thor777

Slave to my CAT's !!!

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2008, 12:12:08 AM »

Excellent work!! yes yes yes
What did you use for the artwork?
Ed

You wouldn't believe me but it is nothing more than designs I made up to scale in Paint Shop Pro and then printed on 11x17" photo paper on a business color copier (the kind you find in the UPS store or staples).

After that I cut out a border to go around the 2 11x17 sheets made out of "matt" cardboard like you find in picture frames...used a black marker to draw a thin line around the cutouts then taped it all down with black electrical tape on the right and left sides.

A thin sheet of  Plexiglas is needed over the entire area to help hold it all in place and protect the graphics...

That simple ...  yes

Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2008, 03:54:50 AM »

I will give you a  applause

Cool and very nice Job.

S2000 is J85 on the M/B 5 pin connector that is same style as the 4 pin audio connector on most CD/DVD drives and sound cards.
In fact I used a CD-ROM audio cable in mine removed the latch and little tabs and re-arranged the color codes to match the S2000 pin out. and combined it with my S+ to Cham II+ harness to get the cham II+ on the S2000. S+ is using a S+ Spectrum.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.