Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 02:25:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Homebrew Player Tracking and EFT Systems.
| |-+  NLG Homebrew Player Tracking and EFT Systems.
| | |-+  Any SAS Protocol developers here?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Any SAS Protocol developers here?  (Read 9085 times)
AndyP
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 127

« on: April 29, 2010, 03:25:21 AM »

Tried to google around a bit for some info but there really isn't much out there.

If by chance there is a dev here, why is it when I send a global 'Recieve Time' the slot responds with poll address or with 0x80?
lutcho
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 09:08:22 AM »

AndyP:

Game machines should not reply to global broadcasts. If the command was sent as a type S poll, it should ACK or NACK the message.
AndyP

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 08:05:04 PM »

Its was a G Poll sent with address 0, I was sending 2 bytes in the CRC with wrong endianess. Still, the machine should not have sent a NACK. Nevermind, it works now.
mr.radcon
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 20

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 10:27:51 PM »

I am also looking for help with SAS5...can anybody help with WMS games and SAS? CaptainHappy Worried

“What I need to know right now is how to wire a Williams 55x or BB video with a printer for SAS. According to the WMS manual the version of the firmware on the game I have access to should be able to talk SAS 5. I have configured the game for SAS 5. However the game does not respond to polls. Farther more if no SAS host is connected to the game the game should be "chirping" its address. I do not see the address "chirp" with my host nor my Oscope ( on any pin of the host connector). 'The Williams manual under "Host Communications" says "Note: If the game also has a printer refer to applicable printer bulletin for connections." What I need to determine is rather I am missing something with the WMS or if the comm port on the game is just flat out broken. So what I really am looking for is someone who knows how to wire up a WMS (with an Ithaca printer) to SAS.”

...or maybe someone here has some paperwork, manuals more than the standard operator manual and or info on this subject?

Thanks

* 55x Upright Video.pdf (98.59 KB - downloaded 379 times.)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 01:20:53 AM by conrad » Logged
Gunnerbill

Total Karma Storms: 9

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 02:42:36 PM »

Did you have any luck getting SAS to work with Your WMS/BB
mr.radcon
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 04:18:54 PM »

Not yet, but funny you should ask.....I received a jurisdictional chip that I'm going to put in XU27 to see if it will enable the comm for SAS EFT transfer. IF you have any info PLEASE! let me know. Oh and I have not tested a BB yet but I'm sure the newer games will work. The IGT games are working awesome on the cashless card system.

Thanks

* IMAG0586.jpg (1013.72 KB, 1952x3264 - viewed 433 times.)
AndyP

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 07:34:05 PM »

Just found an interesting bug in the software I am writing. I have two machine, IGT AVP and WMS BB2. I send a poll for SAS version (command 54) and the IGT machine works on fibre loop. I send it to the WMS machine and it puts data on the loop before it has recieved the CRC. I noticed that SASTest does not send a CRC for command 54, so I check the SAS Protocol Doco and command 54 is a type R long poll, so turn to the section on Type R long polls and this is what the doco says.

2.2.2.1 Type R
This long poll type consists of the gaming machine address, with the wakeup bit set, followed by a single-byte command code.  The gaming machine’s response to type R long polls consists of its address, long  poll command code, an optional length byte, requested data, and a two-byte message CRC.

So that sections says you need a CRC. But go to the section that has details on the CRC, and you get this.

5.2  Host and Gaming Machine CRC Generation
The host calculates a CRC for all ty pe S, type M  and type G long polls...

So CRC or no CRC for type R polls? Looks like WMS does not like the CRC, and SASTest also does not generate CRC  Scratch Head I am going to go with no CRC. This really is a badly designed protocol.

zarobhr
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 178

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2012, 11:57:48 PM »

Just found an interesting bug in the software I am writing. I have two machine, IGT AVP and WMS BB2. I send a poll for SAS version (command 54) and the IGT machine works on fibre loop. I send it to the WMS machine and it puts data on the loop before it has recieved the CRC. I noticed that SASTest does not send a CRC for command 54, so I check the SAS Protocol Doco and command 54 is a type R long poll, so turn to the section on Type R long polls and this is what the doco says.

2.2.2.1 Type R
This long poll type consists of the gaming machine address, with the wakeup bit set, followed by a single-byte command code.  The gaming machine’s response to type R long polls consists of its address, long  poll command code, an optional length byte, requested data, and a two-byte message CRC.

So that sections says you need a CRC. But go to the section that has details on the CRC, and you get this.

5.2  Host and Gaming Machine CRC Generation
The host calculates a CRC for all ty pe S, type M  and type G long polls...

So CRC or no CRC for type R polls? Looks like WMS does not like the CRC, and SASTest also does not generate CRC  Scratch Head I am going to go with no CRC. This really is a badly designed protocol.

Andy re read this This long poll type consists of the gaming machine address, with the wakeup bit set, followed by a single-byte command code.
it does not say needs crc. the response has a crc put the long poll doesnt.

in fact i havent seen any single LP that only use thae address and a single byte require CRC

also some IGT machines are more lenient that other non IGT machines i have been dealing with. for example IGT if crc is sent and not needed then it still replies, but alot of non igt machine i delt with if crc is sent the command is ignore
AndyP

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2012, 12:13:51 AM »

2.2.2.1 Type R
This long poll type consists of the gaming machine address, with the wakeup bit set, followed by a single-byte command code.  The gaming machine’s response to type R long polls consists of its address, long  poll command code, an optional length byte, requested data, and a two-byte message CRC.

5.2  Host and Gaming Machine CRC Generation
The host calculates a CRC for all ty pe S, type M  and type G long polls...

Andy re read this This long poll type consists of the gaming machine address, with the wakeup bit set, followed by a single-byte command code.
it does not say needs crc. the response has a crc put the long poll doesnt.

in fact i havent seen any single LP that only use thae address and a single byte require CRC

also some IGT machines are more lenient that other non IGT machines i have been dealing with. for example IGT if crc is sent and not needed then it still replies, but alot of non igt machine i delt with if crc is sent the command is ignore

Ahh yup. You are correct. Its the response that has the CRC!
AndyP

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2012, 12:43:27 AM »

Quick fix, lucky i coded so that I can figure out what poll type it is. I still shake my head that any message over the wire can be free of a CRC. The worst one is the response to a general poll. What if a bit is wrong in the exception, no crc to catch it? Bad design.
mr.radcon
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2012, 03:54:31 PM »

I was able to get a hold of this EFT chip but it doesn't seem to turn the EFT on when I insert it during a ram clear. Any thoughts?

Back to the drawing board...

* IMAG0859.jpg (1022.31 KB, 3264x1952 - viewed 408 times.)

* ACP_EFT Key Chip2.png (88.67 KB, 850x646 - viewed 414 times.)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.