Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:00:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Bally S6000 intermittent payout?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally S6000 intermittent payout?  (Read 6055 times)
dinot
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 4

« on: October 31, 2008, 12:34:06 AM »

Hi all,
I recently sold one of my home machines to a coworker. It is a Bally 6000 Beach Party. It is set to take tokens. While setting it up we had gotten a hopper empty error (32...though it had tokens). I reseated the hopper performed a partial clear and all was well. (The machine has mains in it which do not require clear roms)
I get a call from her telling me that her young son hit cash out when they had lots of credits (more than were in the hopper) and they get an error 32 again. I walked her through a partial clear and she was good. I also had her pull one of the connectors on the cash out button to avoid this happening again.

Here is where it gets weird. The next day she tells me that while playing the machine it sometimes will payout tokens on a win rather than adding that amount to the credits. I am just going with what she told me as I haven't actually seen it. This causes her to intermittently get the error 32 because her hopper isn't that full. (I gave her 500 tokens with the machine and I am going to give her another 500 tomorrow). Does anyone know what might be causing this payout behavior? I have no clue what would cause the machine to sometimes payout and sometimes to go to credits.

Thanks.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 01:57:52 AM by a69mopar » Logged

a69mopar
647-402-1977
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 12:58:20 AM »

When the credits are close to the credit limit, any win that would put the credits over the limit would pay from the hopper.  If you have the credit limit set at 1000 and have 930 credits then hit an 80 credit pay, it would pay from the hopper.

Hope this helps,
Wayne

S6000 = System 6000
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 01:58:21 AM by a69mopar » Logged

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
a69mopar
647-402-1977

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 01:02:28 AM »

I sometimes disable the cash out button but I leave the wires connected and pull the switch down instead.

W
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 01:58:40 AM by a69mopar » Logged

dinot
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 02:12:59 AM »

When the credits are close to the credit limit, any win that would put the credits over the limit would pay from the hopper.  If you have the credit limit set at 1000 and have 930 credits then hit an 80 credit pay, it would pay from the hopper.

Hope this helps,
Wayne

S6000 = System 6000

Thanks Wayne, I will let her know. Hopefully the additional 500 tokens will help the situation.

dinot
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 08:15:03 PM »

I haven't talked my coworker through increasing the credit limit (default is 800). I will try that tonight. I've gotten some more info from this person and I am not sure that the credit limit increase will help. (It can't hurt so I will have them try it anyways) Here is what happened: When I delivered the machine, while testing it out at her home, at one point cash out was hit, the machine started to spit out tokens but the credits were not decreasing. I am guessing the coin out sensor wasn't detecting the tokens passing through. (not sure what/where this sensor is or what it is called) It spit out a bunch of tokens and eventually got a hopper empty error. I turned the machine off, pulled the hopper and put it back and performed a partial saferam clear to clear the error.  After that, the machine looked to be playing ok. I tried a cash out and it was able to count the tokens.
My coworker was telling me about the issues I talked about earlier but today she tells me that last night while playing she gets a non winning combo and the machine started to spit out tokens. The credits were not decreasing and eventually got a 32 hopper empty error. I was talking to her when it was happening and the machine was playing the same music that plays when you hit the cash out button. And the pay line was a non winner. (Bar/Nothing/Bar) The cash out button is disconnected. Well, I am not sure what to check. Tonight I am going to have her try a complete saferam clear and we will set the credit limit to something ridiculously high (it can be set as high as 9999). If that doesn't work, I am not sure what to try. I have 2 bally 6000 machines at home. Would it be worthwhile to swap the hopper with one of mine? If so and if that doesn't work I was thinking that I could take a board from one of my machines and swap it out with hers. I was ok with diagnosing the problem till she told me that it started spitting out tokens on a non winning line.

Any ideas and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 09:07:31 PM by dinot » Logged

paul
paul
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 20

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 01:05:26 AM »

you can check to see if you reel strips moved also if you look at the pin wheel as it brings coins from bottom of hopper to the top just befor it leaves the hopper it passes through the coin sencer and is counted then out to the tray your knife might need adjusted as to raise coin a little higher as it goes through the sencer, some time you can get a little adj on the sencer to lower it this happens when you reduce the size of coin. Like putting nickles in a quarter set up I hope this makes sence
dinot
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 01:45:15 AM »

ok, so it sounds like the sensor is part of the hopper? If so, I might just give her one of my working hoppers and try to fix hers.

Thanks.

dinot
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2008, 03:19:31 PM »

I had my coworker do a complete saferam clear last night and we also set option 51 (max credit limit) to 9000 and option 27 to 0003. (Coin to credit). She said that she played it for over an hour without a hitch. Later that eveing her husband played it it got the same problem. After thinking about it she then mentioned that her husband played with tokens and she just loads the machine up with credits and plays. (Puts 2 hundred dollar bills in for 800 credits) She now is pretty sure that this problem only happens when putting in tokens rather than playing with credits.
I am going to swap out her hopper with one of mine. Can anyone offer any other advice?

Thanks.

paul
paul

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2008, 04:19:55 PM »

Go back and see if 51 is still at 9000. Playing with bills  or tokins should not make a difference. Check option 58 win lock up limit this will cause coin to be paid directly to the player
a69mopar
647-402-1977

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2008, 04:46:59 PM »

Did you disconnect the wire from the cash out button or pull the switch out of the button(I suggest this)?  Did you tape up the wire??  I have disconnected the wires in the past but had trouble so pulling the switch from the button worked better.

Thanks,
Wayne

dinot
Contributing NLG Member

x
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2008, 10:45:21 PM »

Did you disconnect the wire from the cash out button or pull the switch out of the button(I suggest this)?  Did you tape up the wire??  I have disconnected the wires in the past but had trouble so pulling the switch from the button worked better.

Thanks,
Wayne

OK....you called me out on this. I pulled one of the switch wires and have it dangling there. I might have her tape off the wire. I still think that something in the hopper is amiss since when it does the "phantom" cash out the credits don't count down.

Thanks everyone. I will report back for archival purposes with what happens.

paul
paul

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2008, 11:25:21 PM »

Look at option 58 I will bet it is at 800 when you exceed that it will pay from to hopper  also when it tries to pay 20 or 30 coins your hopper sencer does not count coins that why it wont stop at the 20 or 30 or even 100 coins paid out. If you put another hopper in and it counts coins it will only pay the hit that takes you over option 58 and stop
dinot
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2008, 12:53:30 AM »

Look at option 58 I will bet it is at 800 when you exceed that it will pay from to hopper  also when it tries to pay 20 or 30 coins your hopper sencer does not count coins that why it wont stop at the 20 or 30 or even 100 coins paid out. If you put another hopper in and it counts coins it will only pay the hit that takes you over option 58 and stop
Paul,
Thanks for the advice. From what I can see option 58 is a win lockup. I am not sure exactly what this is, but I assume that it was the amount needed to hit for the machine to lockup. Option 51 is the credit top limit. I set my machines option 51 to 9000 to test this and I was able to load it up (using the DBV) with over 2000 credits. I played them and any winnings were added to credits.

Thanks again for the help!!!

dinot
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2008, 11:57:39 PM »

Well I heard from my coworker today that after setting option 51 to 9000 and replacing the hopper, she hasn't had an issue. My new theory is that since this problem was only happening when playing with coins, maybe they were inserting a coin almost simultaneously with hit max bet. I tried this on mine and if you time it just right, the coin is accepted but the game takes 3 credits to play. At the end of the spin it ejects the coin. So if her hopper was not detecting coin outs, this scenario would have the hopper ejecting lots of coins and then getting a hopper empty message. (Well its a thought)

Thanks

Brianzz

Total Karma Storms: 316

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2008, 12:16:53 AM »

Either that or dropping many coins in at once and one or two dropping before the diverter kicks in and drops them to the tray, after the game plays it'll spit out the extra coins that made it to the hopper.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.