Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2024, 08:26:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT I-Game and Game King.
| | |-+  Would anyone be interested LCD.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Would anyone be interested LCD.  (Read 7399 times)
bkoch
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 35

« on: May 23, 2010, 12:25:59 PM »

I have been working on making a LCD glass replacement for the 17 in Igame.
Here is the concept.
                            Instead of having to buy new glass every time you change a game all you would have to do is flip through picture set (JPeg). The memory will be a flash card so you can store as many game themes as you want. there is two LCD in the kit one in the top box and one in the lower box. I am still working on using the 24volt plug designed for the lighting to minimize installation.

Not going to be cheap but it will allow one to copy pictures of glass they want off the internet and display them on the game.

I have my prototype almost done and was wondering if people would be interested. If there is a significant interest in the project I will make a larger run of screens. This might bringing the cost down a little.

If anyone is interested either pm me or respond to this post.

Thanks
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 430

I DONT SELL ON EBAY ITS NOT ME .

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 12:34:11 PM »

most users that own I-GAMES that I know of have multi  "I" -games with the correct theme glass already .

the others that admit they are to cheap to buy the glass theme of the game being run !! just run the standard game king multi game glass
its a terrific idea I agree ! but I guess you will have to test the market ??? to see if there are any takers ??

as we know the CRT units in them dont last forever as in everything has a life expectency !!
I would think most "I" -game owners would be investing in a replacement LCD SCREEN for the machine itself before buying a FLASH -GLASS -SET UP ?/

MY NICKEL OPINION !! Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
bkoch
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 01:15:29 PM »

Thanks for the input Rocket.

This is more for the people like me that have a hard time playing a game with the wrong theme in the display and for the last year have not been able to find all the glass kit for the software I have.

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 11:52:04 PM »

Are the LCD screen .jpg pictures of high resolution or distorted- pixelated cheap low resolution photos?
Can you upload a sample for us to try on our full-sized 24"widescreens
for example to see what they look like when displayed as "full-screen"?
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 01:44:00 AM »

Stout, you have already done this with PP and LCD screens right? Kinda makes you wonder whether or not you need glass at all, just make it any theme with the image on an LCD?

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
bkoch
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 02:51:25 AM »

As far as the picture resolution the LCD glass inserts will be a better picture quality than the picture one sees when playing the game. Its not HD but it is high res. The LCD screen will cover all but about 1/2 inch from the edges and those edges will be blacked out.  As far as the pictures my camera is taking 2 to 4 mg pictures these are far more than what's needed. Again Im not selling the pictures after all those belong to IGT just the conversion glass. However the more glass I get the more pictures I will have to share with my friends on NLG.

I think it would be a relief to not have to change the glass every time I change the game
Thanks for the comments

Blake
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 03:05:24 AM by bkoch » Logged
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 11:14:24 AM »

Stout, you have already done this with PP and LCD screens right? Kinda makes you wonder whether or not you need glass at all, just make it any theme with the image on an LCD?

Yes, It's a lot easier than all that heavy glass...just one perfectly fitting LCD widescreen
with specially made brackets and a very cheap disposable laptop.
All you do is fit the LCD into whatever area you want it to display...the belly glass or up on the 9"chop top.
It's important to get the right sized LCD screen so you don't have a lot blacked out borders.
Finally, make an adapter for the power plug onto the power supply and the
Power Point show starts displaying all the pictures whenever the machine is turned on!

I bought a used HP laptop on fleabay for like $25.00 and loaded all kinds of stuff onto the hard drive.
Get those cheap small laptops that have the outlet to attach an LCD screen.
I just crop and re-size the pictures so they display via PowerPoint to fit the display area correctly.
I just need better high- resolution photos though or you get pixelated pictures when opened up on a widescreen.
Good perfectly sized plateglass can be had at any auto glass place that does cutting.
I prefer using 3/16 plate with rounded edges.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 11:21:39 AM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 440

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 02:47:39 PM »

Yes, It's a lot easier than all that heavy glass...just one perfectly fitting LCD widescreen
with specially made brackets and a very cheap disposable laptop.
All you do is fit the LCD into whatever area you want it to display...the belly glass or up on the 9"chop top.
It's important to get the right sized LCD screen so you don't have a lot blacked out borders.
Finally, make an adapter for the power plug onto the power supply and the
Power Point show starts displaying all the pictures whenever the machine is turned on!

I bought a used HP laptop on fleabay for like $25.00 and loaded all kinds of stuff onto the hard drive.
Get those cheap small laptops that have the outlet to attach an LCD screen.
I just crop and re-size the pictures so they display via PowerPoint to fit the display area correctly.
I just need better high- resolution photos though or you get pixelated pictures when opened up on a widescreen.
Good perfectly sized plateglass can be had at any auto glass place that does cutting.
I prefer using 3/16 plate with rounded edges.

Ok, we're waiting for the videos now...

Thanks,
Bill
bkoch
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 02:58:11 PM »

I will supply a sample JPEG to any one that wants it but I need a email the JPEG file is too big to down load here. I am having the LCD made as soon as I get one that fits perfect I will make a show.

Again the first Question I had is "provided the picture quality is good is any one intrested in buying these or do I just make a small run for me."

Thanks Guys

Blake
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 03:23:58 PM by bkoch » Logged
TZtech
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 129

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 03:07:24 PM »

Hi All

Just for interest sake - The trimline cabinet has what is called a digi glass. Its sole function is to display the paytable. You change the image by swapping around a SD card with the relevant graphics. Dont think these made it to the hobbyist market yet but its a attractive cabinet. Available in 044 and AVP versions. Of course the IGT badge on it the cost is trippled :>

Also

* TrimLinepg2Mach.gif (59.61 KB, 400x511 - viewed 303 times.)
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 03:30:44 PM »

About a month or two ago, I noticed round top LCD screen displays.
I did not know that LCD screens can be rounded?
For years, I've only known them to be square or rectangle in shape -
it was very unusual for me to see this.
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 440

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 03:32:18 PM »

I was waiting for the Bunker Frankenstein videos... bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

Thanks,
Bill
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 03:35:37 PM »

Available soon brichter! lol
I want to get one of these 2.4" round LCD screens for my "Spin" button first... stir the pot / get cooking

http://gizmodo.com/312126/toshiba-matsushita-develops-round-lcd-display

They sell these 1" LCD keychain LCD screens that may fit in
a regular square deck button though.
Just strip the cover off and run a couple of battery wires down
through the button spring to a door harness molex for continuous power!!
Hot glue the mini LCD screen in place under the clear lens cap.
Load up to 56 screen shots onto the LCD's memory...
May never have to change a bulb again and is very very low heat.
Display logos, designs and messages too!>>>

http://cgi.ebay.com/DIGITAL-PICTURE-KEYCHAIN-1-1-LCD-SCREEN-UP-56-PHOTOS-/120565320990?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c1240cd1e

* round_lcd_display.jpg (55.67 KB, 478x478 - viewed 312 times.)

* keychain LCD.png (222.86 KB, 324x357 - viewed 290 times.)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 04:05:21 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2010, 09:39:54 AM »

Hail Bunker Hail

You never cease to amaze me when your wheels get spinning!

CH CaptainHappy
AKA T.O.M. Crazy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.