Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 10:26:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  WMS WILLIAMS. (Moderator: tacman)
| | |-+  WMS Bluebird
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WMS Bluebird  (Read 10893 times)
jrr922
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 4

« on: May 27, 2010, 01:41:55 AM »

I have an upgraded 550 to a cpu/nxt.  Will this machine play the newer Bluebird 2 games, as well as the G+ series and the newest i-play series (like Airplane! and Jackpot Block Party?)

I guess I dont know the difference between the different series or games and the compatibility, if someone can please explain that to me.

Thanks for the help!

Jack

On a side note, found this website and am sharing it for those who are interested (not sure if they are good to work with or not) in buying larger quantities of those "banned" russian slot machines. Lots of bluebirds for sale.

http://www.focusgamingsolutions.com/2010/03/24/wms-bluebirds-for-sale-3-24-10/
dcslots
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 146

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 01:59:15 AM »

Hi Jack,

I am only now getting my knowledgable on the WMS stuff, but to the best of my knowledge, the CPU NXT enables the 550 to play the Blue Bird I software.   The Blue Bird II, and again I am not POSTIVE on this (about 88% confident), I think has a reconfigured board, which I do not think the NXT will be able to handle.

Hope this helps.

The other night upon the stairs, I met a man who was not there.  He was not there again today.  I wish I wish he'd go away.
TechSavy
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 01:51:12 PM »

The CPU-NXT will run some of the BB2 games but not all of them. Do you have Airplane and Jackpot block Party?
jrr922
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 4

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 02:42:28 PM »

No, I wish I did! I was just wondering if my machine would play them if by some chance I ran into them somewhere for sale.  I just want to make sure if I buy the game it will work on my machine, otherwise I don't want to be spending all this money on games if they arent going to work. I was hoping someone could explain the difference between all the different series of games and if they will work or not.
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 02:57:18 AM »

In a nutshell, games developed for the NXT2 platform (and stated as so in the WMS site) will NOT work with any cpunxt hardware be it bluebird or a converted 550.  You do need to have the upgraded hardware in a bluebird cabinet in order to run these.  CPUNXT is based on a Pentium III with a maximum of 512 MB of RAM, CPUNXT2 is based on a Pentium 4 (Yes, only a Pentium 4) supports up to 2GB of RAM, has a hard drive for storage use,  and has an ATI made GPU processor.  If the game is written to use the GPU or any of the other hardware no way it runs on old NXT hardware.   Like I said, there's usually information in WMS's site on the game title whether or not it runs on NXT2 or NXT.

As far as NXT games go, almost all of the ones made for blubird NXT will work on the conversion, unless the game requires the extra bet button (called SPN hardware, where you wager additionally to participate in a feature, like Hot Hot Pennies, Sheeploads of cash, etc).

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
westec1
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 36

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 12:32:42 PM »

In addition to what Rick has said, your CPU/NXT conversion will play the G+ games,
however some of the newer games, for instance Glitz, it needs 512mg of extended ram as well as a newer bios,
if you have a bios of say V1.13.12 , it will need an upgraded. its the Eprom in the XU3 location.
hopfully your board has the newer bells and whistles.
if not you should upgrade it and save yourself a lot of grief, wondering why your new games won't load.

Wes propeller
elektron2106
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 01:44:55 AM »

i have a cds interface problem , i havec conected in a konami herculite, but i can conserv the configuration when i turn off the machine. do you have a solution
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.