Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:33:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT PE and PE Plus Poker Games.
| | |-+  IGT PE - no coin in.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT PE - no coin in.  (Read 8637 times)
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« on: May 29, 2010, 06:52:35 PM »

have another IGT PE (not +)  -  game will not coin - changed the optics - the coin switch on the optic board has no effect - in test mode - does not show coin in - shows coin out and door switch - so I cannot even test.  Is the coin optic board in series with any of the deck buttons like fortune 1 are?
TZtech
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 129

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 06:15:16 AM »

Hello Barry

Mail

Hope it helps
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Me at work

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 02:53:54 PM »

well I finally found time to check out the coin issue on the PE Poker (NOT A PE +).   chased down all the wiring - still no coin in -  in test - no coin in test?  so I tried a different optic - still no coin in test - THEN - I took an optic by itself - not mounted in the assembly and moving the optics around - if I hold them just right - the coin in test will work - but mounted in the assembly - no test.   When mounted if I break the optic with a piece of paper - the test works - a coin will not activate the test.   When I try to use the optic (door open switch closed - drop a coin thru the optic - I get a coin in error?   What next?

fanninislots
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 86

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 03:55:44 PM »

Barry,

Have checked or changed the black plastic incoder?

Ben

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 03:59:25 PM »

I just wanted to expand on Ben's line of thinking...

The coin entry mechanism needs the proper sized plastic
guides sandwiched between the coin-in optics boards.
The coin falls between the optic eyes.
For example: a large token decoder might be installed on that machine.
A quarter or a nickel are smaller in diameter and may miss
one of the optic eyes - therefore the credit will not register.
                            OR

You have bad coin-in optic boards perhaps with a burned out receiver/transmitter optic led.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 04:05:02 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
TZtech

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 05:19:49 PM »

Hello Barry

Is your optic board not shorting against something in the assembly ? Or maybe the optic needs an earth from the assembly ?

Ian
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Me at work

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 05:58:25 PM »

using the 5c encoder - not grounding out - again if I take just the optic - I can get a signal but the optics don't seem to function in a LINED UP manner - that is - with the two sides of the optic - moving them around - you would think that the signal would be positive when the emiitter and the receivers are lined up - for some reason the optics function when the optics are askew.  does that make sense.  changed all the parts to the newer S+ guides and mounts so that they are all plastic - so the optics are not grounding.   
Lastly - when the optics are installed - there is no COIN IN showing in TEST MODE.  If I run a piece of paper thru the guide the optic shows coin in test.   If I drop a coin thru - nothing happens.  Not enough of a signal strength?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 06:25:58 PM »

I understand it if you drop the paper through the eyes and it accepts.
However, if you pull the paper back up - it should tilt.
The eyes should be lined up through the holes in the plastic encoder.
As the coin falls through, it should register a credit, providing the coin blocks ALL the eyes for a microsecond.
Again, this is in sequence as follows: The top optic (A), then the middle optic (B), and finally the bottom optic (C).
This is why they're called ABC optics.
If there's any discrepancy, (for example  "ABCB" or "AC"- missing the "B")  the machine goes into a [21] tilt.
This is why the proper coin in optic decoder guide is essential for a good operation of the coin entry unit.
You said you have a nickel decoder, is there a nickel in the coin comparitor slide and you're dropping quarters?
Or are you dropping nickels through it?
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Me at work

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2010, 06:51:40 PM »

this is a PE not PE+  does not have a comparitor - it is a 5c - all 5c parts - now - when I MANUALLY hold the optics off line from the assembly and move them around so the A B C are facing each other - there is no coin in test - if I move the optics so that the A B C are askew - then the COIN IN test functions.   With the unit assembled - nothing - if I drop a coin thru Nothing - if I swipe a paper thru the apperture - I get coin in test.   If I go into coin mode - and "close door"  drop a coin - CALL ATTENDANT.    This is with 2 different OPTICS.    I have COINED UP by moving the optics around and dropping a coin thru but not when the optics are installed.   Is there a voltage issue perhaps that I am not getting enough of a signal strength?   
I even took the 2 parts that sandwich the optics and drillled out the holes to make them bigger for the A B C and that had no effect.
TZtech

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2010, 05:30:20 AM »

Hello Barry

Very strange - Can you post a pic of the optic board. Curious to see what  it looks like. Part number in manual list it as 753 040 00 and 753 045 00. Does it have the same pin out as a PE+ ? Maybe use a optic from a working PE+ if they are the same.

Ian
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Me at work

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2010, 07:33:18 AM »

its a 5 pin optic board - wire harness is a 9 pin - using 8 pins.   the pesudocoin is a button mounted left side.  will get the part numbers off it today but I am sure that is the correct part number. 
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2010, 10:59:54 AM »

Barry   S 2000 uses a 5 pin optic board and S+ and PE + use a 9 pin optic board. I don't know if thats your problem or not, to early for me to think about it.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Me at work

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2010, 02:37:45 PM »

good news - bad news - the problem was the obvious (now it is )  the BIT SWITCH - DAH.   
new problem - game works EXCEPT when I try to put a Hopper in it - I am using a S+ hopper - works fine in an S+  - when I try a Hopper test - motor drags and stops - when I try starting the game with the hopper in the game - the machine comes up with CALL ATTENDANT.     
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2010, 11:31:23 PM »

Barry are you still using a 5 pin optic with a 9 pin connector? And if you are, which pins on the connector are being used??

FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Me at work

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2010, 11:38:52 PM »

the problem with the optic has been resolved - bit switch!   now i have hopper issues.

!
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2010, 12:20:19 AM »

Barry My question was is it possible to use a 5 pin optic with a 9 pin connector and which pins would you connect.

FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Me at work

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2010, 07:34:29 AM »

not sure - what you are asking is what you would have to do if substituting a S+ optic?    would have to match the wiring from the s+ against that of the PE.   there are only 8 wires used on the PE - 5 goes to the optic board - 3 to the divertor and scavenger - and the common wire to both.    I don't have the S+ diagram handy but if you do - see what the diff are.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.