Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 02, 2024, 07:19:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT I-Game and Game King.
| | |-+  Game King LCD install
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game King LCD install  (Read 7002 times)
camino
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 3

« on: June 06, 2010, 11:39:52 PM »

Hello All!

I was hoping I might ask for your help in trying to figure out what's going on with my Game King.
I replaced the CRT with a Ceronix upgrade kit along with the CPI 1404 8 pin chip they sent with it
that went in U17 on the 3902 board.

The color is beautiful, but has some issues. There is video noise in the background now. It is most
noticeable on solid color screens. Upon boot up, you can see vague outlines of dark vertical lines
that go across the whole screen. When it comes to the menu of games, the lines are faint, but
still there. When you start a game, they aren't as noticeable, but there is a definite difference in
lightness across the screen where the vertical lines were on boot up.

There is also diagonal noise now. It is real noticeable in BlackJack. The slowly moving faint lines go
corner to corner. The whole screen has the barely noticeable lines and they move corner to corner
slowly...like lines of ants. And they will change direction from any corner of the screen.

It's a little irritating after spending a lot of money on the LCD to see this. Does anyone have any
ideas where to start?

Thanks for any help!

Camino
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 02:38:34 AM »

Hopefully some folks here will be able to help, but have you tried calling Ceronix?  Their techs are generally pretty friendly, and are very knowledgeable about their products.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
bkoch
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 35

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 03:08:59 AM »

I hate to say this but I had a similar issue with the first two monitors I got from ceronix but they were quick to fix the issue for me.

I would call them in the morning

Blake
camino

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 07:15:55 PM »

Hey guys,

I am going to call Ceronix in the am. I guess I needed to hear it from someone else first. I didn't
want to call them and have it turn out to be something stooopid going on with the 3902 board.

Thanks for the help.

Camino
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 07:47:22 PM »

Hey guys,

I am going to call Ceronix in the am. I guess I needed to hear it from someone else first. I didn't
want to call them and have it turn out to be something stooopid going on with the 3902 board.

Thanks for the help.

Camino

Camino, did you ever get this resolved?  I'm thinking about this same LCD upgrade and want to know if there are any potential problems.

Thanks!
Jason

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
camino

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 12:31:14 AM »

Hey..

I called Ceronix and they want me to send the monitor to them to look at it. (at my expense!)
In retrospect, next time I will try the Wells-Gardner monitor for $200 less and see how that
one is. I was disappointed in all the "quality" hype you read about with Ceronix. This one
should have never gotten outta prison.

That being said...after sitting in front of an LCD for a month...there's no way I can go back
to the old CRT that came out of it. I can only describe the screen as "luscious" looking....

...real purdy.......

Just be prepared for the chance you might get a bum one like I did....and I'm not looking
forward to going through the pony show to get it fixed.

Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 12:44:01 AM »

Man I would be raising hell with them if it was doing that new out of the box.  I would think they'd swap it for a replacement or at LEAST cover the shipping if it's within 30 days. 

Hey..

I called Ceronix and they want me to send the monitor to them to look at it. (at my expense!)
In retrospect, next time I will try the Wells-Gardner monitor for $200 less and see how that
one is. I was disappointed in all the "quality" hype you read about with Ceronix. This one
should have never gotten outta prison.

That being said...after sitting in front of an LCD for a month...there's no way I can go back
to the old CRT that came out of it. I can only describe the screen as "luscious" looking....

...real purdy.......

Just be prepared for the chance you might get a bum one like I did....and I'm not looking
forward to going through the pony show to get it fixed.

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
camino

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 12:54:00 AM »

There's the problem...if I go off on them and tell them how I really feel about sending me this boat anchor,
I doubt anything would get resolved in a time frame that would make me happy. I did slip in a barb about
how I was led to believe their product was the Cadillac of monitors while Wells-Gardner monitors were $200 less
than theirs without the problems. I could almost hear her smiling and rolling her eyes at the phone....

No...I will bite my tongue and get through it and order a Wells-Gardner next time....like Jim at Better Slots
tried to tell me. Isn't it amazing how we get suckered into brand names....thinking they have to be better just
because of the name.  Caca.....
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 10:33:25 AM »

Maybe you should take the time to correctly learn all the available monitor adjustments before you claim it's a bad monitor.  There's some really goofy (read: non-standard) frequency settings on these monitors that need to be messed with to eliminate those lines you're seeing.  Been there.

Perhaps you might wish to detail the steps that you took to eliminate the problem and the frequency settings that worked for you for the edification of our membership.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 430

I DONT SELL ON EBAY ITS NOT ME .

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 11:04:15 AM »

Maybe you should take the time to correctly learn all the available monitor adjustments before you claim it's a bad monitor.  There's some really goofy (read: non-standard) frequency settings on these monitors that need to be messed with to eliminate those lines you're seeing.  Been there.

you might wish to detail the steps that you took to eliminate the problem and the frequency settings that worked for you for the edification of our membership.

Perhaps you might wish to detail the steps that you took to eliminate the problem and the frequency settings that worked for you for the edification of our membership.

great question -Stat-- I always like to learn as  have said in many post . but I figured since you asked the question first it wnt cause any conflict !

happy holliday--- to everyone -- be carefull where you keep your fireworks if you use them ..

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
camino

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2010, 10:52:11 PM »

StatFreak,

What do you mean non-standard settings? I see no means of adjustment on the monitor board. As far as the front adjustments, I bought
the remote and went through everything available....but the lines are always there. Please clue me in....where do I get information on
the other adjustments?

Thanks for the help.

Camino
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2010, 11:44:06 PM »

Hi Camino,

It was actually another member who had suggested that there were modifiable parameters available on your monitor, but he had failed to provide the necessary settings. I was requesting that he offer a more detailed explanation to assist you. Unfortunately, that gentleman is no longer a member of this forum.

I'm hoping that one of our monitor experts will have an answer that can help you. yes

Sorry about the misunderstanding.

Stat garfield

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
camino

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2010, 12:15:02 AM »

It's cool...thanks for letting me know. If there's settings, I'm all over them...but I just don't see it.

Thanks man.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.