Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 02:26:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT I-Game and Game King.
| | |-+  jackpot / credit on Game King
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: jackpot / credit on Game King  (Read 5055 times)
Skins
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 2

« on: June 21, 2010, 03:16:19 PM »

Installed JP / Credit switch and harness, configured but the setting doesn't hold... after a test the switch goes dead. any ideas?
a69mopar
647-402-1977
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 08:11:38 PM »

I hate to assume so I'll ask if you tested the switch and checked the harness to ensure there aren't any opens or shorts?  Do you have another machine that you can test with or use the main board from a known working machine in this machine.  Another thing may be the jurisdiction, it may not be key to credit friendly.

Thanks,
Wayne

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
Skins

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 07:42:30 PM »

Thanks Wayne, I did check switch and harness, and have swapped I/O boards. These are slant top Game Kings, 3902 that were purchased used from a broker. Out of 15 I'm down to 3 out of 15 left to go. It acts as if the switch doesn't exist or energize. Everything is wired as diagrammed and routed back to A 13 on the I/O. I don't think I have a way to check jurisdiction, but I will call the broker to see if he can provide additional info.

Thanks,
Skins
a69mopar
647-402-1977

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 07:48:25 PM »

You may want to try to swap the main (MPU) board from one of the working machines in order to narrow it down.  Jurisdiction is software dependant on these, so if the software (simms/chips) is the same on all, it can be ruled out.

Thanks,
Wayne

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 09:46:45 PM »

...and to follow that, if the software isn't the same, it's possible that you'll need to change to the same software that's in the working machines to get this function to work.

Welcome to  nlg, by the way, Skins.  Good to have you here.   applause

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 12:59:29 AM »

Thanks Wayne and knagl for jumping in to help Skins. applause

Skins, you might want to post about the other issue that you PM'd me about. These guys are the best.  propeller

Stat garfield

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Skins

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 01:03:45 PM »

If it was a jurisdictional issue could the E square still hold the settings?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.