Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:02:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  **Video Gaming Machines** **General Chat**
| | |-+  Cherry Master screw up
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cherry Master screw up  (Read 3547 times)
greghig
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: June 22, 2010, 11:43:51 AM »

I screwed this up. This is what I Get for getting in a hurry. Hopefully somebody can help me out.  I was preforming a ODDS reset on several machines and accidently hit the small toggle switch on the board while the power was on. the board immidately died and won come on now. I remember this was a problem on these boards but its been so long since I made this dumb mistake that I was not thinkiing. Does anybody remember what the fix was to this common problem? Which chip needed to be replaced or was it a battery issue? I just cant remember.

Thasnks
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 11:59:09 AM »

It's been so long since I've messed around with a cherry master board.
But one thing for sure - you were NOT  allowed to hit that toggle switch -
while the board was powered up... no

Basically, from what I remember...
(A.) The toggle switch cuts the power from the battery to the ram chip to
       set all the gates within the chip to "zeros" or "ones" ?

Or

(B.) Allows power from the battery to enter on of the chip legs to reset the chip to factory specs? Scratch Head 2

I could be way off on this but your question is excellent! applause
I hope we get some constructive answers on this! yes
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 10:51:49 PM »

You might want to send ROCKET a pm. He's an expert on these.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 430

I DONT SELL ON EBAY ITS NOT ME .

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 02:24:31 PM »

I screwed this up. This is what I Get for getting in a hurry. Hopefully somebody can help me out.  I was preforming a ODDS reset on several machines and accidently hit the small toggle switch on the board while the power was on. the board immidately died and won come on now. I remember this was a problem on these boards but its been so long since I made this dumb mistake that I was not thinkiing. Does anybody remember what the fix was to this common problem? Which chip needed to be replaced or was it a battery issue? I just cant remember.

Thasnks
===============================================================

first off what board game is it ??

is all several games the same game ??

I hit the red toggle quite often while powered up on several different style boards .

dont forget --your dealing with some technology from 20 yrs ago on  still popular boards ..

if a power off and reboot --does not clear problem  ??--hit the booking button while power is on ..see if that gets your picture back ??

you NORMALLY GET SCRAMMBED EGGS for  a picture on some boards if you flip the red toggle when power is on !!

other boards like >>CYBERDYNE <<<FLAMING 7'S-WITH THE CODEC KEY ON BOARD SECURITY BUTTON  it lets the board boot properly -after you hit book keeping after you hit the red toggle first ..

if you get nothing after you toggled it while power on -JUST TURN OFF PWR & turn back on .
it should clear out any error you caused ..

if the toggle is crusty old etc and stuck ?? work it a dozen times while board is off .. then power up and hit book keeping butons etc
it should give you a picture again ..

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 08:35:53 PM »

Thanks for helping greghig, ROCKET.  applause

Stat garfield

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.