Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 01:41:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT I-Game and Game King.
| | |-+  My new Game King!!! (Photos and Video)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: My new Game King!!! (Photos and Video)  (Read 41725 times)
Jack1000
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2010, 02:42:02 PM »

Also check the bill acceptor for alignment.  On some models the bill guide extends into the door opening.  If it catches, it will make the door very hard to close.  Jack
ashyron
In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 255

RIP Dad. I love you. 5-26-10

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2010, 06:31:34 PM »

Is it normal to need to 'slam' the door pretty hard to get them to latch?  If I close the door softly, it won't latch.  I have to give it quite a bit of force to get it to latch shut.
Try lifting the door as you finish gently closing it. They tend to sag after a few years.

I have found that the sagging on mine is at the top.  I used to slam the doors but now I just give an extra push at the top right corner to make it latch all tha way.

Well, it's been almost 2 years.  I'm kinda back. Undecided
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2010, 10:35:54 PM »

Is it normal to need to 'slam' the door pretty hard to get them to latch?  If I close the door softly, it won't latch.  I have to give it quite a bit of force to get it to latch shut.
Try lifting the door as you finish gently closing it. They tend to sag after a few years.

I have found that the sagging on mine is at the top.  I used to slam the doors but now I just give an extra push at the top right corner to make it latch all tha way.

That works well for my GameMaker as well. yes

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2010, 09:01:56 PM »

Yep, top right corner did the trick to cure the slamming.  Also, popped all buttons off today using my trusty pearing knife, and cleaned out all of the nicotine and gunk.  MUCH better now...don't think I'll need to replace now.

Next stop:  Game King 5.3 and MM2 installation...stay tuned!

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
ashyron
In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 255

RIP Dad. I love you. 5-26-10

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2010, 10:12:34 PM »

Yep, top right corner did the trick to cure the slamming.  Also, popped all buttons off today using my trusty pearing knife, and cleaned out all of the nicotine and gunk.  MUCH better now...don't think I'll need to replace now.

That's great.  We went with the GK 5.0 software last year.  It has Cleopatra on it.  If I remember correctly GK5.3 didn't.   bust gut laughing @ pearing knife.  As my dad used to say "The right tool for the right job"  LOL

Well, it's been almost 2 years.  I'm kinda back. Undecided
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2010, 12:05:30 AM »

The pearing knife has become "ol reliable."  Haven't broken a single button on any of my machines yet.  Wink

Yeah, my wife likes Blackjack more than the slots, and since 5.3 has poker/keno/blackjack, I guess slots have to go by the wayside.  Got the ol Jackpot Jungle for that fix.  Wink

That's great.  We went with the GK 5.0 software last year.  It has Cleopatra on it.  If I remember correctly GK5.3 didn't.   bust gut laughing @ pearing knife.  As my dad used to say "The right tool for the right job"  LOL

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2010, 12:15:43 AM »

The pearing knife has become "ol reliable."  Haven't broken a single button on any of my machines yet.  Wink

Yeah, my wife likes Blackjack more than the slots, and since 5.3 has poker/keno/blackjack, I guess slots have to go by the wayside.  Got the ol Jackpot Jungle for that fix.  Wink

I'm begining to think you should have bought a Game Maker.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2010, 12:32:08 AM »

or GK 6.0...yeah right!  *pulling out empty pockets*

I'm begining to think you should have bought a Game Maker.

StatFreak

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2010, 01:16:43 AM »

Well, the Game Maker graphics are older and not as cool as the Game King, and it only allows 10 games at a time, but it costs less (much less than a GK 6) and has the advantage allowing the operator to select whatever combination of 10 games he or she wants from their collection, since most games are on single chips and there are 10 free sockets on the board.

Some games are dedicated and must be installed as stand alone, but there are a wide variety of poker, keno, slots, blackjack, and even bingo-type games that use single chips.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2010, 01:27:08 AM »

David you just made my point for me.   Duh! Duh! Duh!

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
a69mopar
647-402-1977

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2010, 02:25:33 AM »

Don't forget 007 Golden Eye.   I disagree with the graphics statement, I have 17" gamemakers that look excellent along side of Game Kings.  They do have the most up to date graphics chips but I expect yours would also Stat (not that they make a difference).

Thanks,
Wayne

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
StatFreak

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2010, 02:28:49 AM »

David you just made my point for me.   Duh! Duh! Duh!

I knew that those were the reasons that you had suggested it, but I figured that Yoeddy wouldn't have compared a GameMaker to a GK v6.0 if he understood why the GM might be a good choice for him.

StatFreak

« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2010, 02:46:38 AM »

Don't forget 007 Golden Eye.   I disagree with the graphics statement, I have 17" gamemakers that look excellent along side of Game Kings.  They do have the most up to date graphics chips but I expect yours would also Stat (not that they make a difference).

Thanks,
Wayne

GM graphics are certainly just as sharp and clear as GK, and 007 does look good. Bally was also more innovative in their game designs and offers more variations than the GK. You won't find pattern keno or All American bingo on a GK. Or Big House poker which combines VP with BJ. I don't think that the GK has a bonus blackjack like the GM either. It combines BJ with a slot-type bonus payout structure.

To be more specific, the graphics are simpler and don't have as many animations and variations of artwork as the GKs do. The GKs were designed to take advantage of higher resolutions and more information is often successfully packed onto a screen than in the GM designs. A good example of my first point would be would be the animated Kenos, like Caveman Keno*, and of my second, the multi-hand pokers which can display all of the payouts in many colors in columns to the left and right of the hands and still provide all of the detailed info along the bottom and the hands in the middle. After all, the GK is a newer platform than the GM.

*Which reminds me that the sounds are more advanced on the GK as well.

I love my GameMaker. At the end of the day, each platform has its advantages and disadvantages.

<PS> Wayne, I'm still playing around with different graphic and main versions. To which version were you referring?

CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2010, 07:06:30 AM »

I am surprised that none of you suggested the solution the I came up with ....................

GET BOTH MACHINES!!!!
 Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

CH CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
StatFreak

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2010, 07:41:50 AM »

I am surprised that none of you suggested the solution the I came up with ....................

GET BOTH MACHINES!!!!
 Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

CH CaptainHappy

Well, he already has a GK, so if he buys a GM, he will have well followed your advice. Professor  yes

Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2010, 06:10:12 PM »

Just got my GK 5.3/MM2 sound board kit from Jim at Blue Ridge Slot.  Installed this morning...lotta difference in the sound and a lot more poker games and options.  Graphics are better as well.  I need to get some foam tape for the upper glass.  The upper cabinet speaker really rattles it if the sound is up.  Once I get it all tweaked and ready, I'll put up a few more photos and some video of it in action!

Thanks again for the help everyone!

Rep
Mr. 5 of a kind
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 18

« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2010, 11:51:38 PM »

Sounds awesome, can't wait to see the pics and vids. You're living my dream, I want a GK SOOOOOO badly. No space or $ for one tho right now so my PE+ will have to keep me busy. Congrats on an awesome new toy! Smiley
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2010, 03:49:09 AM »

Updated my original post with another photo displaying the 5.3 software.  You can see that the game menu graphics are better in 5.3 compared to the original photo which I believe was 4.3.  Video is coming next.

Rep
Mr. 5 of a kind
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 18

« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2010, 03:53:03 AM »

Awesome, can't wait for the vid! K+ for the great pics! Smiley
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2010, 05:54:47 PM »

Video is up in my original post!  If anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to ask.  The only thing I'm fighting is an occasional "Coin-In Jam" "Coin-In Sequence" error when I drop a nickel in.  Opening and closing the door usually clears it.  Doesn't happen a lot, but still, if anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it.  I noticed on the optic board that there is a little white button.  If I push it, it produces the Coin in jam message and then goes away.  *shrug*

Things tried so far:
Removed optic board under coin comparitor and cleaned.
Ensured that dial is turned all the way to the left on comparitor.

The guy that I bought it from is sending me a new optic board to test with.

Thanks!
Jason

StatFreak

« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2010, 06:55:40 PM »

Congratulations on your new machine and software!  applause applause  Dancing Party

There is a plastic insert in the acceptor that ensures that the coin passes precisely past the optics. It's possible that it is not set correctly or is not the right one for nickels. It's something to check while you're waiting for the replacement board.

The white button is a test button that puts credits on the machine with the door open. You can play them and win and lose with them until you close the door. Generally, if the white button works, then the optics are working.

SF garfield

daddy2yea
Mike
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 34

« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2010, 08:41:37 PM »

Wow thanks for the video. My mouth is watering. I'm picking up the Gameking I-Game combo with 5.3 software  from  Jim at Bettorslots. and your video has got me even more excited. Mike
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2010, 09:06:53 PM »

Wow thanks for the video. My mouth is watering. I'm picking up the Gameking I-Game combo with 5.3 software  from  Jim at Bettorslots. and your video has got me even more excited. Mike

Yeah, 5.3 is great!  I do miss the slots, but I guess 5.0 chips contain slot games, but no Blackjack.  No biggie! 

5.3 also differs from 4.3 in the following areas:
-No slots
-No card animations (Jack, King, Queen don't change into castle, trumpet, mirror when the game is idle)  Wish 5.3 did this.
-5.3 does have a cool "Bill Accepted" sound
-5.3 also plays the coin cash out the traditional "Ding" sound that the IGT slots play when cashing out
-5.3 Keno games are much better in the sounds and graphics department compared to 4.3
-Home page icon graphics and denom icons graphics are much better
-5.3 attract mode only cycles through games (visual) whereas 4.3 cycles through games and plays sound attract if option is selected.  Wish 5.3 did this.
-5.3 has WAAAAAAY more poker games.  Smiley
-5.3 bootup time is longer than 4.3...given the hardware changes and upgrades, I would expect that.
-5.3 denom options are 1 cent through 100 dollar...4.3 was 25 dollar max.

Probably more...that's all I have for now.

Thanks,
Jason

StatFreak

« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2010, 09:10:55 PM »

K+ for your observations of the differences. Clap

Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2010, 09:33:28 PM »

Thanks Stat.  I actually took it apart last night.  I removed two screws and the cable plug that goes directly into the optics board.  It looked like board is sandwiched between two black pieces of black plastic.  Are you saying that the inner black piece of plastic that has the 3 holes that allow the optics to make contact (via light I'm guessing) could be made for a quarter instead of a nickel, thus giving me intermittent behavior?  I may need to snap photos.

Thanks,
Jason

Congratulations on your new machine and software!  applause applause  Dancing Party

There is a plastic insert in the acceptor that ensures that the coin passes precisely past the optics. It's possible that it is not set correctly or is not the right one for nickels. It's something to check while you're waiting for the replacement board.

The white button is a test button that puts credits on the machine with the door open. You can play them and win and lose with them until you close the door. Generally, if the white button works, then the optics are working.

SF garfield

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.