Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 02:24:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  How to question
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How to question  (Read 1982 times)
uscjunkie
« on: June 24, 2010, 10:47:26 PM »

I have a strange clicking sound that is happening when the reels spin....is there a way to make the reels spin while the door is open so I can see what is making the noise?

Thanks
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 11:27:41 PM »

Sure  Press the test button, go to 5.1 reel strip test turn the key and watch them spin. you can also just turn the power on with the door open and on boot up there will be a short spin. If reel isn't hitting a wire or something like that, take a look at the backlit light bulb socket, sometimes it will hit a spoke of the reel basket. ( bench grinder will fix that ) or a file.

Did you ever get your reel noise fixed?

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
uscjunkie
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 11:43:36 PM »

No I still have a loud buzzing sound when the reels spin.  I installed the resistors and it didn't fix anything except it did help to lower my volume.  My level 1 before was crazy loud but now it is nice.  When I spoke to the guys at Rocky Mountain Slots, they told me about the resistor fix and I told them that I had already installed those like the pics here show.  She said I installed them in the wrong place but I did exactly like the pics in the thread on this site show.
IFFV68
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 32

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 07:48:13 PM »

This may not apply,

I had a S+ that made a clicking sound & it turned out to be a very small crack in one of the reel hubs.
It was difficult to see it until I took off the reel.
This may or may not help, just a suggestion.

As far a the static noise, the resistors should take care of the static in most cases.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.