Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2024, 03:53:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Help with DBV wiring?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help with DBV wiring?  (Read 3447 times)
dinot
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 4

« on: November 03, 2008, 08:32:46 PM »

Hi all,
I was hoping someone could help me out with the wiring of my DBV-200 on my IGT S+. I pulled the DBV out to look at it. I was wondering where the chip goes for id'ing bills. (Never found it) Anyways when I put it back I had a brain fart and didn't know where one connector went. There is a connector on the right and a connector on the left that are obvious. There is another connector which I am not sure about. It is a 4 pin female connector but with only 2 wires in it. (Green and orange/green stripe) This was connected to a 14 pin male connector on the left of the DBV. I thought that I had remembered that the connecter went to the lower left of the male connector but my DBV isn't working properly. (At power up it will cycle quite a few times and then won't accept any bills) Can someone help with either a picture of letting me know exactly where this connector is supposed to go?

Thanks.

westec1
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 36

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 10:08:20 PM »

First the chip you were looking for is under the head, remove the plate on the bottom to reveal the chip, now it depends, if you have a flashed head or not, if you don't see a 32 pin eprom you have a flash head, now I would check to make sure all the wires are seated properly you can't plug them in wrong, the other thing to check is that the head and transport are seated down properly with the leaver on the transport in the up position.

Wes

Wes propeller
dinot
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 10:46:23 PM »

Wes,
Thanks for the note. I will check for the chip. My connections were odd. The 4 pin connector that I was referring to was connected to a 14 pin connector. I am guessing that this is not the norm. I thought that I had paid attention to exactly where it that 4 pin connector was going to the 14 pin connector.

Thanks.

blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 11:00:56 PM »

Not the best pic, but both wires go on bottom, Green all the way back, Red 4th Pin from the back, both on bottom, someone just used a different connector, no big deal , just mark it

* topper inserts 037.jpg (185.08 KB, 640x480 - viewed 370 times.)

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
dinot
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 10:35:12 AM »

Thanks for the help everyone. Looks like I got it working.

I pulled the DBV out and removed the bottom plate. Is this what I should be looking at?
If so, looks like I have a surface mount chip rather than a socketed one and does anyone know how I can get this updated for the newer bills?

Thanks.

* DSC05045.JPG (285.3 KB, 800x536 - viewed 353 times.)

blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 10:39:47 AM »

If you send it to me, I will Update & Calibrate it, $15 plus whatever it cost to send back, you would get back right away, the newest bill it can accept is the new 10 for the S+ Jim

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.