Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:44:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Monitor Repair Log and Database. **Arcade and Gaming**
| |-+  Monitor Repair Tech Support
| | |-+  All My Monitors Went South
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: All My Monitors Went South  (Read 3514 times)
Neonkiss
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 436

« on: June 27, 2010, 07:13:26 PM »

In as much as if you leave slot machines in a dark room they begin to multiply, One of my monitors got sick and now they all are hospitalized. no muted
I have two Ceronix 1492 chassis from Bally Gamemakers. Now these were in un-known condition when I got them. One looks brand new with no screen burn. The other looks older than the dirt. I started with the new looking chassis. Installed it in a known working machine and the screen stays dark. The monitor shows no signs of high power (no static) I removed it from the machine and swapped it with the other 1492 chassis. Note, when grounding out the flyback transformer I got NO pop or discharge.
Installed the other chassis, but got the same result. Dark screen, no signs of power. Is it possible the both flyback transformers are bad? I'm sure it is but what are the chances? I guess I need to either send one out for repairs or order the parts and try it myself along with a cap kit.

I then decided to look at another monitor that I have. This one is also for the Bally Gamemakers, but it's a Well Gardner. This one has a picture, but no horizontal or vertical adjustment. I removed the chassis and can't find a model number. The closest I come is a number WGT1430-S1AS52E on a sticker on the side. The main board has a number 85X0395-001 I find nothing on these numbers with a Google search. I assume a cap kit would do wonders for this one with these issues?
I attached a picture of the chassis.

I then go inside the house and see that my normally bright blue screen from my CEI 906 III is purple with white diagonal lines. Adjusting the color band won't bring it back to the bright blue color. This one is a Ceronix 1490 chassis. Not sure if I want to go the route of a cap kit or replace it with a LCD.

As you can see, I'm up to A$$ in alligators with sick monitors. I'm open to suggestions with how to address each one. I've re-capped a jukebox amp before and have no problems soldering. Just trying to figure if these symptoms would be worth my time attempting repairs or should I just send them out. Also if you can suggest anyone doing work on these units. What should I expect to pay for each repair. Also I need the correct model number for the Wells Gardner unit.

* DSC03507.JPG (577.08 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 264 times.)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 10:11:45 PM by Neonkiss » Logged

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
Firebird
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 5

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 07:26:32 AM »

The ceronix boards you can send to ceronix to be repaired for a flat rate of $45 ea. cheaper and less stressful than trying to find the problem and fix it yourself. I had a monitor go from a nice blue screen to a purple screen and it turned out to be the CRT was going bad, not sure if this is what is happening to yours or not, I would try sending the board to ceronix, if that does not work, find someone who can rejuvenate the CRT and see if that brings the color back, if not then the CRT is probably bad. Not too familiar with the Wells Gardner, but I am sure a cap kit would work wonders on it.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.