Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:15:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
| |-+  Other Bill Validators.
| | |-+  General Question on Canadian Bill Acceptior
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: General Question on Canadian Bill Acceptior  (Read 5056 times)
Jake777
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 18

« on: June 30, 2010, 03:02:26 AM »

Hi Everyone

I haven't been on in some time. I have a question, I have the opportunitity to pick up a Williams Piggy Bank machine. The seller says that it is a Canadian machine with a Canadin bill acceptor. To change this machine to U.S. money can one replace the bill head with U.S. currency read, and set the machine program. I'm hope it is as simple as that but would like to hear from other that might have encountered this allready.

Thanks  Jake
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 11:48:28 AM »

The good thing is that there are several heads available
on ebay right now that will suit your needs.
Don't forget also, we have many vendors listed on the top of the
home page that would be glad to supply you with the correct one!  yes
I'd get in touch with one of them ASAP!
Jake777
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 01:13:24 PM »

Thanks for the reply

Sounds like a head replacemnt will change it over to U.S. and I will use one of our vendors, I fell much better with the product and service. If I do get the machie and run into any problems I'll post again.
Thanks again for all the help
Jake
westec1
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 36

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 02:58:35 PM »

Hi Jake

That machine will probably have a WBA 21 or 23 bill acceptor in it, the Canadian money is wider than the United States money
you will need to replace the head and transport, the best thing for you to use would be a WBA 13 head and transport, if the game has a
WBA 23 installed in it, the swap is just that, slip out the old unit and slide in the WBA 13, then do a ram clear and set up the machine.
if it has a WBA 21 then you will need to change the wiring socket at the back of the bill acceptor, that's actually very easy,
and one of our vendors would be able to help you out in getting the harness,
if you get the game and want to sell the Canadian bill acceptor let me know, I would be interested getting it.

There is the possibility that it has an older JCM acceptor in it, then it would be a bit more of a process to switch over
I would ask the seller what type of acceptor is in it to be sure
Wes
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 03:16:52 PM by westec1 » Logged

Wes propeller
Jake777
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 05:43:29 PM »

Thanks Wes
    For the great information, I guess I can say I don't think I would know the difference between a WBA 21 and 23, I have a couple of S+ with 200 and 145 heads in them. As for the seller I don't think he knows much about the machine other than plays it. When I ask if it had a bill acceptor he said "it's Canadian but take U.S. quarters". I will know more on Friday if I get the machine, I need to take a look at it, but I will keep you in mind for the Canadian head.
cp
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 165

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 07:54:57 PM »

Years ago, I had several  Canandian   WMS  400 series games.   The  BV head  AND  Transport  is totally different.   Even  the  mounting encasement is different.   If you want to change to  U.S. .... look for   a complete WMS BV  assembly.   My  guess,  is the one you would need is a  JCM 145 SH.  or even better a JCM 200  SH...  ( Note:  the  Canandian   BV  Face Plate  may also   be different than  US... )

There is probably people on this site that can hook  you up with all the correct components   for  U.S.   Bill validator.
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 01:59:06 AM »

The Canadian Dotmations have CBA-35's in them, never seen WBA in a 400/401, anyway like Chris said, different unit, also the front door trim is different on the US version, the CBA uses an Amusement type (upstacker) bezel and the DBV uses a duck beak
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 02:43:22 AM by blueridgeslots » Logged

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 03:39:02 AM »

You can make a Bally 5500     145 SG or a dbv 200 work in a Williams DOT.  The transports are the same size, (and look alike)  but have different wiring plugs.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Jake777
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 11:58:47 AM »

Great information everyone and karma +. If I get the machine I'll post some pic and maybe someone can walk this newbee thru, this would be my first Williams to work on. Thanks again for all the responses.
blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2010, 02:53:58 AM »

This is a follow up post to the edited post I made that was taken possibly the wrong way, in no way did it refer to anybody here, any nobody should contact any other member to find out what it was in reference to, if you are curious (nosey) you can come right to the Top Floor of the company with a phone call to me, no waiting, there was nothing negative or implied about anyone in this thread,     Peace my brothers  waving flag

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.