Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:27:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  **Video Gaming Machines** **General Chat**
| | |-+  Startup problems with IGT 17" upright Cleopatra
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Startup problems with IGT 17" upright Cleopatra  (Read 4411 times)
Heikka
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: July 04, 2010, 01:39:18 PM »

Hi.

I did purchase an IGT upright game with 17" monitor (manufactured 2003) and I'm having major problems with power. When I power it on from inside of the machine, nothing happens.
Cableling should be ok, no loose connections. I noticed that monitor will get power, but Cpu, Fan, Lights, Bill acceptor are dead. I'm not familiar with these games, I'm a player, not a technican  wave How to proceed? any ideas?

Kr,

Heikka
Karaoke Mike
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 273

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 01:43:35 PM »

Hi, are there any lights on the processer tray when you power it up? Do the lights on the upper and lower cabinet come on? Has it worked at all before?

Heikka

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 02:01:42 PM »

It did work ok just before I did purcase it  Duh! Cpu board doesn't have any lights. It seems to have major power problems, but I'm a bit unsure from where I should begin?
TZtech
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 129

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 02:08:17 PM »

Hi

Its most likely something came loose in the move (assuming it was moved after purchase).  Look at back and bottom part of the cabinet. There is a big silver assembly mounted to the rear wall of the slot machine. This is your main Power Supply. Looking into the machine the plug is on the right hand side and there is a small thumb screw on the LHS that holds the assembly in place. Make sure that this has not come loose and is properly mated with the connector.

Ian
cp
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 165

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 02:16:33 PM »

One place to start... TURN MACHINE OFF !.   There is a power supply on the back side of the machine...It is a "vented"  rectangullar metal box approx 10" wide X 7" tall...and 3"  deep...remove hopper to access the Power Supply.   There is a "locking" screw-down on the left side of the PS.  Perhaps the Power Supply was not locked in.  The (Power Supply)  plugs (slides to the Rt )  into white molex on the Right side edge of Power supply.   Next...  Pull the Game board /  Cpu back an inch and  RE-Seat the game board.  While the machine is OFF..of course... You might also re-seat the  small boards on the left front edge and  and also the small board below the coin mech.  ( These small boards have a metal U shaped "handle" on them ...makes them easy to pull and re-seat them.

That's a start...good luck.
Karaoke Mike
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 273

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 02:17:34 PM »

Also, are the 3 connectors that go into the power supply are they in tightly? Do the top box and belly glass lights come on at power up?

Heikka

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2010, 02:28:58 PM »

Problem number 1 solved, the game does powerup now properly!  applause Power supply at the rear of the cabinet was a bit loose, my fault :-) second thing... Al though doors are closed I'm getting open door MB message. I guess I need to verity cabeling and sockets. MB does mean Main and Bill, right?

CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2010, 03:01:19 PM »

Problem number 1 solved, the game does powerup now properly!  applause Power supply at the rear of the cabinet was a bit loose, my fault :-) second thing... Al though doors are closed I'm getting open door MB message. I guess I need to verity cabeling and sockets. MB does mean Main and Bill, right?

Yes that is Main Door and Bill Door. I usually suspect the bill door first as they like to pop open, and if you don't have the switch bypassed you get that error. On machines that are not bypassed I like to tape the bill door closed with a doubled over tab of tape for easy opening. Since you are getting MB, it looks like both are open, so you also have to make sure the door is fully closed and the latch is fully down. I assume that machine has optics that are not fully lined up.

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy
nlg ADMIN

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
cp
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 165

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2010, 03:46:14 PM »

Most of the 17" upright  I games that I've worked on,  have mechanical  door switches.  Just above the door latch,  on the inside RT of the cabinet are 2  White  door switches... they are a  3 position switch.  With the door closed,  Main door is closed...when you open the door,  the switches are in the "middle" positon... Door open...   You can pull the  post on each of the switches,  OUT  and the Main door is now  "closed"   so you can work with machine with the main  (physical door ) open ...but the Main door switch is  "closed"...   Watch on screen to see if  door  status changes from Open ... to Closure M

The Bill door switch is a small micro switch  on the inside  Lower Left of the "cash can"  area.    Maybe a flashlight will help you see this switch.  On the Bill Door... you will see  a sliding / locking mechansim...  When closed  one of the sliding, locking "fingers"  will push the micro switch closed...

Sometimes  that lever on the micro - switch get mangled or the locking finger doesn't close the switch...  You can take a small screw driver  and see if the micro switch is "closing"  by pushing on the micro-lever... Watch the screen to see if you get a status change   Door just closed  "B"  or  Closure "B"  on the screen...     You can get to the swithch... remove  the small nut on the outside and a couple on the inside  and the switch mounting bracket can be removed...  you can pull the  wires and "tie"  them together... no more  Bill open errors...
Heikka

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2010, 06:40:24 AM »

Bill door is closed at the moment and I don't even have a key to it, so we can assume it's properly closed. Those two white door switches aparently dont work or at least it doesn't change screen message if those are open or closed. I guess I need to verify cabeling  Scratch Head  Can some one tell where does these cables go into? I/O card below CPU? Which sockets?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.