Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:26:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  **Video Gaming Machines** **General Chat**
| | |-+  Would Like To Convert IGT Reel Touch To MultiDenominational Use
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Would Like To Convert IGT Reel Touch To MultiDenominational Use  (Read 6019 times)
Captain Hook
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 26

« on: July 09, 2010, 10:19:02 PM »

I have an IGT Reel Touch "Bucks Ahoy" and would like to make it Multi-Denominational.  I have a Key Chip and have found the place in the menus for setting up 4 different denominations but it appears that the machine also needs some kind of circuit board that mounts behind the Reel Glass
where you would touch to select the denomination you want to play. Can anyone help me with what I need to set this up.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Captain Hook
Captain Hook
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 01:30:14 PM »

I have found that there is a connection for another switch inside the door tucked up next to the Max Bet switch that is supposed to allow you to select 1 of 4 different denominations.  I hooked up a switch and inserted a new bulb and mounted the switch in the empty hole. Then I used a Key 17 and went into the Keychip Menu and set the Denominations for 1  5  10 and 25 Cents.  I think I did it all right. The Dot Matrix Screen now prompts me to select a denomination from those 4 values but the switch DOES NOT work and it doesn't even light up. The machine is currently stuck in 1 cent mode.

What did I do wrong?????

Captain Hook
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 07:37:15 PM by Captain Hook » Logged
Railroad94
In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 225

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 09:00:22 PM »

Your SG chips need to support multi-denom,  and you need the correct version chip    What numbers are you using?
There are two ways to select your denom when you have it set up correctly. One way is the easy touch key pad mounted behind the reel glass and the other way is the extra button in the deck.   When you key chip and pick your 1-4 denom amounts you also need to pick what percentage  each game denom will play at.   All this is based on your SG chip and version chip and if it supports multi.
jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 624

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 10:40:57 PM »

If you have the correct SG chip then in the setup (after keychip) the multi-denoms are "Players" 
You have to setup the demom for Player 1, Player 2, Player 3 and Player 4.
Captain Hook
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 11:49:02 PM »

The game is a "Bucks Ahoy" 

Which chip on the board is the SG Chip???  What number should it be???

The Dot Matrix screen display's the 4 denominations that I set and it prompts me to choose one but the push button doesn't work, if fact it doesnt even light up just like its disconnected at the other end.

Is this possible??

Thanks much

captain Hook
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 12:06:47 AM »

In talking to this member on the phone last night, I think he has the right Game and version chips. In key menu it lets him set the 4 denom's 7.1.1 and the 4 game selections 7.1.2 he said it then goes to a touch pad menu, that's where I got lost and my help to him ended. If I rember correctly (that would be a first) he said in touch pad, 1 cent was enabled and the other 3 were disabled.  Help Help Help Help Help

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Captain Hook
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 01:20:23 AM »

I looked at the chips on the Mother Board but unfortunately the chips have hand written labels that don't have the chip numbers on them.  I went into the Setup menu and went to the Version Screen and it said that the Game Chip is an SG000239  and that the Base Chip is a SB000476.

I hope this helps.

Is it possible that somewhere the machine has to be told to look for the pushbutton instead of the touch screen in order to change denominations???

Thanks again.

Captain Hook

blueridgeslots
703 730-0821
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1262

703 730-0821

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2010, 02:27:30 AM »

SG000239's DO support Multi Denom on the Reel Touch (Buck's, Larry & Tabasco only) and believe it or not, the version chip can be a 9X0, and supports the Button OR Keypad for MD selection, you probably have not designated a game payscale for each denom

Selling Quality Tested and Guaranteed Slot Parts and Machines at Wholesale

http://stores.ebay.com/BLUE-RIDGE-SLOT-SERVICE
Captain Hook
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2010, 02:32:02 AM »

I believe I have everything set up properly.  Like I said the dot matrix display prompts me to select a denom but the button dont work.  Is it possible its disconnected somewhere else. The buttons does't even light up.

Captain Hook
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.