Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 03:31:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Welcome wagon and General Chat (Off-Topic Post Welcome) (Moderator: Ron (r273))
| | |-+  illegal slots?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: illegal slots?  (Read 31405 times)
marty19067
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 16

« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2010, 06:44:26 PM »

Foxslots, K+ you are on the money with this one!
bobdigikbh

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2012, 06:10:18 PM »

Just wondering what ever happened with the case and your machine?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2012, 07:25:11 PM »

Just wondering what ever happened with the case and your machine?

Probably got taken from the guys with size 11 shoes and given back to him?
sparky1977
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2012, 09:37:26 AM »

Hello all in regards to a slot / pokie machine the law in Australia states that if you found with a pokie machine and it accepts coins it is illegal but if you remove the coin mech the machine is no more a gambling machine you are allowed  to own as many as you like how do i know i advertised one for sale and police arrived with liquor and gaming police and seized the pokie machines and i ended up going to the local police station asking why it was illegal and they then came up with all this legal bull... and then he said that if a machine takes money and you can gain or lose it is a gambling machine but if it do sent accept coins its only a game machine and then i remembered i removed the coin mech because i used it on another machine and had this machine on demo mode so i then told the officer it doesn't accept coins and he looked at me and said do you think I'm stupid i said no it doesn't have a coin acceptor anyway to cut a story short they returned the machine and i sold it
and all legal as long as you remove the coin acceptor if you think this is not right please let me know . but that was what happened to me
SLOTMAN
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 34

« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2012, 10:34:59 AM »

I think the burden of proof is what constitutes a gambling device.  If you have a TITO machine that does not contain any coin handling device (coin acceptor) or coin dispenser (hopper) but you strictly have a machine that prints tickets and accepts tickets do you have a gambling device?  What if you took it one step further and had it hooked to andyp SAS program and initiated legacy bonus's.  Dont you have just a glorified arcade game or nothing different than playing slots on a windows desktop???
marty19067

Total Karma Storms: 16

« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2012, 11:57:16 AM »

In most jurisdictions authorities must prove the presence of the (3) elements that define gambling, CHANCE (an unknown random outcome not under the influence or control of the player), CONSIDERATION (something of value required in order to play the device) and REWARD (something of value received if a successful outcome is achieved).

If one or more of the elements do not exist, or authorities are unable to establish those elements are present in the device, it is not a gambling device and therefore possession is legal. If the device has the capability to accept something of value, develop an outcome and indicate you have won something of value, you have a gambling device.

In jurisdictions where legalized gambling exists, such as NJ, the mere possession of a device that appears to be a "slot machine" is sufficient to seize the device and charge the person in possession.

Another consideration (unwritten), is how the device is being used. In your home is one thing, provided you are not exposing the devices to public usage by others. In the back of a retail business is another story.

I currently have a case pending in the PA courts and you are guilty until you prove yourself innocent!

dale
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 60

« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2012, 03:42:28 PM »

You need to move to Utah...problem solved. I not only can own any age slot I also have 2 AR15s, a concealed weapons permit that allows me to carry a Taurus .45/410 handgun, illegal in most states and considered a sawed off shotgun. Too bad for all you that live in liberal states.
sparky1977
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2012, 08:52:06 PM »

Marty Your on the ball thats pretty much what what the law states and meaning of a gameing machine  Clap
IFFV68
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 32

« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2012, 11:43:28 PM »

I don't know if this is true or false,
I have heard if you remove the Computer Board from the machine it is considered a nonworking gambling device & legal to own.  If someone knocks on your door, quickly remove the Board??
It's just a thought.
I live in a 25 or so state & I've talked to local Cops & they say they have more important  things to deal with than a home owned Slot. The best thing is not talk about what you have & keep it away from your front door.
Good Luck.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2012, 11:52:48 PM »

...The best thing is not talk about what you have & keep it away from your front door...

That's why we build "mancaves" in the basement!  rotflmao
sparky1977
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2012, 11:57:35 PM »

Cry Laughing
PWRSTROKE
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 246

« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2012, 12:41:24 AM »

Like stout (Bunker) said--- yes.   B.
emelie
Add me on Facebook!

Total Karma Storms: 9

« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2012, 11:41:35 PM »

I live in one of those 25 year states. Last month I had to call the cops to my house 2 different times (4 different officers) and they all came in my living room where my slots were on so they all saw them.  Not one of them said anything so I guess they aren't really concerned about machines in your house ::shrug::
Em

Feel free to add me on FB Smiley

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=573565049
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2012, 11:52:12 PM »

rotflmao The police patrolmen don't know anything about the slot laws...
that why they have Sergeants who have Lieutenants who might bring it up with a Captain who might ask his mother superior to bring it up with the legal department who have students from law school look it up for them then it goes all the way back down the chain until they decide whether or not it's worth pursuing.  arrow

Unless there's black limos parked outside your house all night long
and patrons stumbling out the door at 6 in the morning - I think you're fine...  Tongue Out
jbshocks

Total Karma Storms: 21

« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2012, 02:47:41 AM »

I had a similar situation a few weeks back.  Cops in my house to write a police report for  credit fraud.  I had 3 machines in plain sight.  1945 mills, 25 year old IGT and a Universal Ultra.  He kept looking over at the machines and I started to get worried that black helicopters were going to circle so before he left I said I want to make sure you realize that these are michigan  legal (the uni is on tokens)  He said I don't much care if they are or they aren't I just think they are damn cool.  Then he told me about the poker machines coming up in the police auction 2 days later.  I showed up and bought my mega touch evo at the police auction.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2012, 03:28:32 AM »

I had a similar situation a few weeks back.  Cops in my house to write a police report for  credit fraud.  I had 3 machines in plain sight.  1945 mills, 25 year old IGT and a Universal Ultra.  He kept looking over at the machines and I started to get worried that black helicopters were going to circle so before he left I said I want to make sure you realize that these are michigan  legal (the uni is on tokens)  He said I don't much care if they are or they aren't I just think they are damn cool.  Then he told me about the poker machines coming up in the police auction 2 days later.  I showed up and bought my mega touch evo at the police auction.

Why don't you ask yourself where did the Police get the Evo they auctioned off.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2012, 03:55:38 AM »

LOL. Yeah, probably from the last person they told about an auction.
sparky1977
« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2012, 08:12:44 AM »

LOL funny shit some cops dont give a shit and some are just plain a.. h.... and want to screw every one they can
jbshocks

Total Karma Storms: 21

« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2012, 11:42:44 AM »

I had a similar situation a few weeks back.  Cops in my house to write a police report for  credit fraud.  I had 3 machines in plain sight.  1945 mills, 25 year old IGT and a Universal Ultra.  He kept looking over at the machines and I started to get worried that black helicopters were going to circle so before he left I said I want to make sure you realize that these are michigan  legal (the uni is on tokens)  He said I don't much care if they are or they aren't I just think they are damn cool.  Then he told me about the poker machines coming up in the police auction 2 days later.  I showed up and bought my mega touch evo at the police auction.

They got it from what  I understand is a mob run "coffee shop"  that they keep raiding to run out of town.   I don't drink coffee but I hear if you go in you are told they are out of coffee.

They got it from what  I understand is a mob run "coffee shop"  that they keep raiding to run out of town.   I don't drink coffee but I hear if you go in you are told they are out of coffee.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 01:25:19 PM by jbshocks » Logged
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2012, 02:21:42 PM »

I don't know and I don't really care. This topic has been discussed ad nauseam for quite some time. If you read my signature, that says it all. Most slot ownership laws were enacted after the 1976 (?) case in CA. Most were written on the language off that. I guess the bottom line is this: each person has to decide if they want to have fun with the hobby or not, knowing and accepting full well that it could come to a bad end someday...........or not. I enjoy my machines and never gave it a second thought.

BTW There are a few states where ownership of sex toys are illegal (i.e. Alabama)  Cry Laughing

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2012, 02:47:37 PM »

I live in one of those 25 year states. Last month I had to call the cops to my house 2 different times (4 different officers) and they all came in my living room where my slots were on so they all saw them.  Not one of them said anything so I guess they aren't really concerned about machines in your house ::shrug::
Em
Of course, your statement begs the question, why did you have to call the cops 2 differant times? I had the cops at my house about 10 times last month, but they come to play my machines:)
SLOTMAN
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 34

« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2012, 02:48:31 PM »

Phew, I wasn't the only one wondering that.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2012, 02:51:42 PM »

Well, just wondering if she needs to trade a one arm bandit in for something that requires a 2 handed grip... and good aim
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2012, 03:25:39 PM »

Em
Of course, your statement begs the question, why did you have to call the cops 2 differant times? I had the cops at my house about 10 times last month, but they come to play my machines:)

I think we all wondered about that but Cowboy was the first to say something
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2012, 03:40:28 PM »

if I had to make a choice between illegal slot machines or illegal sex toys , I think I will vote for the toys.

Did you know sexual intercourse is the most fun you can have without laughing !!  yes yes

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.