Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 10:53:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Welcome wagon and General Chat (Off-Topic Post Welcome) (Moderator: Ron (r273))
| | |-+  Will NLG ever be the same?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will NLG ever be the same?  (Read 4842 times)
jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 624

« on: August 19, 2010, 11:59:58 PM »

Ever since the great crash of 2010 nlg only shows the past 50 or so posts. Befor the crash the list  was much longer. I used to scan this list to see if i could help anyone with my limited knowedge.  Will this ever get fixed?  I rarely go into the actual boards.

If it's $$ we could rally to get a new server.   Scratch Head
Brianzz
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 316

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 01:36:13 AM »

You could always go to the forum index http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?action=post;topic=9162.0;num_replies=0 and look for the little dancing monsters which indicate a new unread post and find the new ones that way.
Joeylc
Founder and CEO of New_Life_Games_LLC
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 287

KG7NLG

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 01:39:30 AM »

we will give 125 a try and see if it slows down the page loads let us know Smiley

"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

I Have gone to find myself, and if I get back before I return, keep me here!
  ???

1-888-NLG-SLOTS 928-754-4147
e-Bay ID NewLifeGames_net
Brianzz

Total Karma Storms: 316

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 01:50:05 AM »

OMG it's sooooooo slow..  bust gut laughing

j/k

Is there a way to list the most recent topics.. instead of listing the individual posts, you know like it'll show 50 of the same post for each reply to have just 1 link to the topic that everyone is replying to
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 02:07:41 AM »

OMG it's sooooooo slow..  bust gut laughing

j/k

Is there a way to list the most recent topics.. instead of listing the individual posts, you know like it'll show 50 of the same post for each reply to have just 1 link to the topic that everyone is replying to

Yes there is, and we used to display it.

Joey, I would suggest adding the "Most Recent Threads" at a setting of 25 and leaving the unread posts at 50 instead of increasing the unread posts to 125. That would put less stress on the SQL connections and would go back further in time than another 75 posts. You might need to adjust the maximum length of time to display as well so that older threads (within the max of 25) get displayed.

You guys can also click on the links at the very top of the page under your name called "show unread posts since your last visit" and "show new replies to your posts".

Here are the tricks with these:

The unread posts since last visit link goes back a couple of days (it changes with the settings that Joey sets). The new replies link shows all threads with new posts that you've posted in, no matter how old they are.

These links bring up a list of unread topics that look like the forum board pages, but if you click on the  new icon instead of the text link, you will be taken to YOUR first unread post in the topic, even if it's been a long time and there are several pages of posts.

Once you've gone through those two (they're both empty) you can then click on the "show unread posts since your last visit" link again and there will be an option to show ALL unread links. It takes a long time to come up, but it will show you every thread on NLG that has posts you haven't read. Of course, it's probably better to just go to the main forum board and check the boards with the dancing monsters as Brianzz suggested at that point.

If Joey adds the recent topics on the main page, you can use the same trick as when you read your personal unread threads. Click on the  new button next to each topic to get to the first post that you haven't read. The site keeps track of this independently for each member.

StatFreak garfield
nlg  Global Moderator
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 02:12:45 AM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 624

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 11:44:25 AM »

Thanks!  I like the tip "show unread posts since your last visit"

I never noticed that before.  applause
rickh
In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 187

You will be missed rick R.I.P My Friend.

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 01:05:20 PM »

I always use that... what I have noticed is on occasion and mostly in the morning, the page comes up like a server issue "cannot find page".... maybe once or twice a week. Give it some time and it works fine. I assume its a server reboot or something going on. Doesnt bother me, thought you should know.

You will be missed rick R.I.P My Friend. SEE LINK: http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=14215.0
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 440

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 01:50:38 PM »

I live on that link... yes Crazy wave

Thanks,
Bill
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 02:29:30 PM »

I live on that link... yes Crazy wave
Yeah...Instead of letters just being under lined - they should turn it into a big round button...lol
theDotster
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 219

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 02:48:26 PM »

I love that link too, but I didn't know about the clicking on the 'New' image to go to the last post you read, thank you very much for that one.

When I die, I hope my wife doesn't sell my machines for how much I told her they cost.
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2010, 02:54:18 AM »

I love that link too, but I didn't know about the clicking on the 'New' image to go to the last post you read, thank you very much for that one.

You're welcome. wave  It took me a while to find that out because I just never tried clicking on it, so I figured that there might be some others who didn't know. Tongue Out

SF garfield

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.