Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:56:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  BALLY Game Maker. (Moderator: tacman)
| | |-+  Gamemaker Problem
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gamemaker Problem  (Read 16921 times)
golflover
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 41

« on: August 22, 2010, 06:41:41 PM »

I recently acquired a Gamemaker  bartop machine.Mainboard is a V7000 number 22 mains. When I started it up it constantly reset. I checked the threads located some solutions aand replacced the battery. Did the saferam clear with the chip and it sarted up and let me configure the setings. When I exited settings I ended up with a box that states:

Bill Acceptor: No  errors
No Printer
Host Comm LLink Up

It also shows a small box underneath showing a picture of what looks like the bartop with a few rectangles of red. Will try to  post a picture.

I have not been able to get the box to disapppear so the machine is playable. My question is which setting did I miss or is there something else I  need to fix?

Also I do not have a manual. I checked the posts but did not  find a link to one. Any help as always appreciated!
Neonkiss
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 09:21:38 PM »

The red boxes indicate a door open.
Check all the door switches to be sure all are operable.
Main Door, Cash can, and Drop door.

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
golflover
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 09:29:46 PM »

Thanks Neon!!!! Been reading everthing and when the top was closed could not see the  door open main message under the black cover. What I think I did was select optin switch instead of manual in the set up. I redid the saferam clear with the chip but it did not let me set up all the options such as juridiction, door switches etc.. still reading...
golflover
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 10:25:12 PM »

I think I found my problem with the door switch. In looking at my set up I picked pulse optics and they should have been manual/mechanical. My problem now is the machine will not let me change them. I  have done several clears with the clear chip and all the 1-8 dips turned on via switch 1. When I restart it shows me the setting for the currwnt eeprom but does not allow me to change them. When I  turn the keyswitch it tells me to switch the dip switches, remove the clear chip and restart. When I do it does to the configuration menu with the games set up and diagnostics etc. It doesnt let me into the eeprom set up screen. Any suggestions help appreciated. Guess ya gotta be careful when clicking these buttons Duh!
Neonkiss
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 10:33:16 PM »

Do another clear, Only this time turn off dip's 7 and 8
This will allow you to reselect your options.

Correction.....
I should have said turn 7 & 8 ON not off
Off is normal.

* GM Dips.JPG (234.12 KB, 900x714 - viewed 668 times.)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 10:43:46 PM by Neonkiss » Logged

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
golflover
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 10:53:17 PM »

Evening Neon:

Yup I've tried exactly  that 3 times now. It will not let me in after I initally replaced the battery I got the saferam corrupt message and I  did the clear and it let me set those items up. Of course I did it wrong and figured I would just got back and flip the switches on, put in the clear chip and start over. When I do this each time it lets me see those eeprom options but does not allow me to configure them. The message underneath state turn key to reset. I ven took out the battery hoping that would corrupt everything again and no go. The setting stayed. Am confused now... Scratch Head
tacman
Topic Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010, 12:16:02 AM »

Well, it sounds like when you first selected the options you may have typed in something other than "1" for jurisdiction. If so, then your options are now locked depending on the jurisdiction number. Changing your Mains to a different set of eproms should let you get back to options as long as they are not a locked jurisdiction as well.

Dan (tacman)

golflover
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010, 12:31:18 AM »

Thanks Tacman.. No way to unlock them now? bawling If I need to buy new mains which ones do you suggest?
tacman
Topic Moderator

Genius in training.

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2010, 12:46:46 AM »

Well, use the chart below. It was made a while back by one of our members. The newer Mains have the Multti-Denom and Tokenization features, but Mains vary depending on the games you are playing. I use 24 Mains and have a mix of slots, poker and keno on my GM.

Dan (tacman)

* game maker mains.jpg (74.75 KB, 760x326 - viewed 572 times.)

golflover
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2010, 12:53:18 AM »

I have the 22's in there now. There is a mix of  slots and poker on there. Would have worked fine I imagine if I had picked  the right door switch frying pan It lets me set up the mullti denomination and all the games speed and mullti denomiation settings. So  I guess I'll go shopping tomarrow for a new set. Thanks  for the information and the help. I  imagine any of the vendors on top stock them?
tacman
Topic Moderator

Genius in training.

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2010, 01:03:35 AM »

Yeah, in your neck of the woods I would say Jim at Blueridge Slots or April at Lemans1969. If you're north of the border then a69mopar at GTA Slots.

Dan (tacman)

golflover
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2010, 01:13:17 AM »

Thanks Dan and Neon for all the help and information. I'll be shopping tomarrow.
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2010, 03:10:04 AM »

Just for giggles, before you order replacement mains, Try the following:

First, remove the battery jumper W17. It's right next to the battery. Leave the battery disconnected for 30 seconds and then reconnect it. This will kill the backup memory and might clear your settings, allowing you to start over. It may not work, but it's worth a try. Make sure that you put the jumper back correctly. It goes on the two pins closest to the front of the board (ON).

Second, have you tried doing a full clear with ONLY switches 7 & 8 turned on (as Neon suggested), and not switches 1-8 as you said you did? It may or may not help, but that is the correct way to do a full clear. Also make sure that you're putting the clear chip in P10. I found out that you can do partial clears with the clear chip in other sockets, but not a full clear. Do this AFTER you've disconnected and reconnected the battery. Be sure to select jurisdiction 1 to avoid this problem in the future.

If you do end up buying new mains, you might as well think about what options you might like to have. In addition, you should be able to change games, mains, and graphics all day long, so once you've cleared up this issue, you will be able to swap the different mains at any time.

The 24s are multi-denomination and tokenized, which is cool, because you can set it up to give you a lot of credits for each coin. Tokenized coins are a faster way of getting credits on the machine than using the bill validator. The downside to the 24s is that they won't allow you to setup internal progressives.

I like the 22 mains, but I think that they might be the same as your 23s.

Another option might be the 20Ts. They They also allow tokenization and do allow progressives, but are not multi-denominational. I have had some problems with these, but it might just be me, since no one else has ever reported an issue.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 03:18:12 AM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
golflover
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2010, 07:59:39 PM »

Thanks for all the suggeestions Stat.  I tried all you suggested and it did not clear the mains. I even left the  battery off over night but it still  came up locked. It was worth a try though. Have to contact one of the vendors and get new mains  frying pan

Also need a copy of the gamemaker manual or a location to download a copy. Thanks all.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 08:19:10 PM by golflover » Logged
StatFreak

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2010, 01:01:12 AM »

You've Got Mail Mail

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
golflover
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2010, 10:31:55 AM »

Thanks Stat!!!
Now I can really have fun!!!! stir the pot / get cooking Let's see what else I can screw up.. Cry Laughing Duh!
golflover
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2010, 09:08:00 AM »

Ordered the #24 mains from one of the vendors above, should be arrving today and should be able to install them later tonight after work.  applause
golflover
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2010, 10:17:27 PM »

ok got  the new mains but that did not allow me to clear the jurisdiction settings so I am still locked up. In researching threads I found one regarding the jurisdiction chip. I located the chip and removed it. I started the machine and it came up to the menu screen for jurisdiction etc. All items were set to none or disabled, however I was not able to set the settings up. I replaced the chip and my  old settings reappeared.My question is is  there anyway  to clear this  chip. I searched the number on the mouser site per Bunker's suggstion and it  is made by fairchild semi-conductor but is listed as obsolete. It does have a window on the chip. Would passing it under a UV light erase the settings or just damage the chip? I think the chip just stores the setings as the menu came up without the chip in although I couldn;t set anything which means the chip  stores the settings.? Would buying a blank chip solve the problem.? Thanks in advance for all advice and assistance with my journey of dicovery. At least I am learning alot.!!! yes
a69mopar
647-402-1977

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2010, 01:28:48 AM »

Did you try the "Deep Blue" clear chips that Jim at Blueridge has?  They have worked for others with the locked jurisdiction issue.  Wasn't this the same issue that was posted in another thread?

Thanks,
Wayne

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2010, 02:08:59 AM »

I found this pdf document on his chip...>>>see below
I suggested that he get one of these cheap eprom UV erasers... >>>see below
to erase everything off of it and reburn it again.
The only problem is...it's a 2 meg chip...where does the data begin at...lol

* NMC93C56.png (44 KB, 486x373 - viewed 427 times.)

* eprom UV eraser.png (302.88 KB, 459x407 - viewed 506 times.)
StatFreak

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2010, 03:18:24 AM »

If I understand Slotsman's 2006 post from the old site and if it's correct, then you won't need to program the e2prom because the appropriate data will be written to it when you setup the machine. I would try erasing it with the UV eraser and see if that clears the lock.

If it does, then we will all have learned how to clear a jurisdiction lock and you will have saved a few bucks. If it doesn't work, then buy the deep blue clear chip.

Just my 2¢.

Stat garfield

CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2010, 07:30:22 AM »

I found this pdf document on his chip...>>>see below
I suggested that he get one of these cheap eprom UV erasers... >>>see below
to erase everything off of it and reburn it again.
The only problem is...it's a 2 meg chip...where does the data begin at...lol

If his part is the type in your datasheet it is not eraseable with UV, it is an Electronically Eraseable part. I checked this thread and did not see a part number listed, but he did say that his part had a window.... maybe he can post a good picture of it and we can check some more for him?

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
golflover
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2010, 09:03:31 AM »

Did you try the "Deep Blue" clear chips that Jim at Blueridge has?  They have worked for others with the locked jurisdiction issue.  Wasn't this the same issue that was posted in another thread?

Thanks,
Wayne

Yes Wayne it  was and I apologize for the double posting. In trying to solve my problem I came across a thread about the eeprom erasing, switching chips and asked questions there. This thread was about the new mains I ordered and I just didn;t want to leave this thread hanging with people wondering what happend if they  didn;t follow the other thread. I'll try to incorporate the posts to keep it to a minimum. Again my apologies, I just get started with so many questions, I forget where I left off.

CH- I'll get a picture of the chip later today when I get home from work, the chip number is B52AD 93C56N made by Fairchild Semiconductor. it stated on the Mouser site that the chip is obsolete and not made anymore. There are substitutes availlable.  Thanks to Bunker for all the information he provided to me yesterday. Did alot of reading!

Stat - I think that will probably be the next step get this erased and see if that solved the jurisdiction issue. After I removed the chip and started it up, the menu came right up with no settings but would not allow me to make any  changes possibly because there was no place to write them to.  When i replaced the chip the settings were there again.  I was hoping for a corrupted message which would have allowed me to start over. I have not been able to generate that message or corrupt the setup, one tuff machine..lol  Again this is just a newby theory.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 09:17:10 AM by golflover » Logged
StatFreak

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2010, 11:28:42 AM »

My chip is labeled B55AD 93C56N. It is a standard serial EEPROM and has no window. It goes in U3 in the upper left corner on the main board.

Fairchild industries is out of business or no longer makes IC chips. According to my research on Mouser, the correct replacement is PDIP (128x16) 93C56B by Microchip Tech.
Here is the link to the chip:

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Microchip/93C56B-I-P/?qs=hklUZQQMghPJWY243bW%252bjw%3d%3d

and the data sheet:
http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/21794b.pdf

StatFreak

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2010, 11:44:23 AM »

Okay, so I removed my EEPROM and had a look. There is actually very little data stored in it.

First, my GQ-4X will read, write, and erase the chip with no issues, except that I had to slow down the write speed from +2 to 0. No adapter was required.
       I selected chip 93C56B (16 bit) and it worked fine.

Second, the machine would not boot at all with the chip erased. I got a BSOD with a large blinking cursor in the upper left corner.

Third, the machine WOULD allow me to perform a complete saferam clear when I put the clear chip in and turned on switches 7 & 8,
         however, I didn't go through with it because I have bookkeeping info that I haven't saved and a RF on one of my games that I wanted to keep. Tongue Out  bust gut laughing

Fourth, when I wrote the old data back onto the chip, the machine rebooted (without any clears) and worked fine. All of my Saferam data was there.
           It did record the exception error in the error log when I tried to boot with the blank EEPROM.
Fifth, there is so little information in this chip that a person could manually enter the data and write it to their EEPROM if they wanted to...  stir the pot / get cooking Scratch Head 3 Scratch Head 3 Scratch Head 3  Wasn't Me

My V7000 machine was set up with jurisdiction one for 24 mains. Now, I'm not saying that this data would work with someone else's setup, but...  Scratch Head 3 Scratch Head 3

Here is what my chip looks like when working and after putting the erased chip into the machine. Note that the machine wrote 00 to most of the data as soon as I powered up the unit (replacing the blank FF's). This tells me that the Gamemaker uses only a very limited range, from 0x0D4 to the end of the chip. The rest is obviously not used. The data in mine starts at 0x0ED

Conclusion: Clearing and re-burning this thing is as easy as any other data chip. If this is where the jurisdiction data is stored, then it should be a snap to clear a bad jurisdiction. There is a check box available on the burner to lock and unlock, but I didn't try it and don't know if it applies to this chip.

Stat garfield

« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 11:54:10 AM by StatFreak » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.