Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 02:49:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Arcade Games, Pinball, Crane Games, Redemption Games and Other Stuff
| |-+  Other Arcade Games
| | |-+  pot o gold help
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: pot o gold help  (Read 16263 times)
rony2211
« on: September 08, 2010, 05:17:29 PM »

i am trying to build a pot o gold for my gameroom , bought what i think is the correct harness from ebay as well as manual ect. cant seem to get the toch sceen working have it all hooked up
green light on screen control lights up when i touch it . but still no go , please help, Ron
travlingtech
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 07:35:55 PM »

Did you verify dip swith settings on mother board? The settings will tell machine wether you are using touch screen or control pannel bottons as input.

Have tools will travel
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 430

I DONT SELL ON EBAY ITS NOT ME .

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 07:45:22 PM »

i am trying to build a pot o gold for my gameroom , bought what i think is the correct harness from ebay as well as manual ect. cant seem to get the toch sceen working have it all hooked up
green light on screen control lights up when i touch it . but still no go , please help, Ron

1.-what type of display are you using - A CRT =Cathode Ray Tube

2.- LCD -Display with signal converter

3.-what type of touch screen

4.- touch screen 3m-microtouch --or ELO touch screen ??

5.-- what software version are you trying to run ??

6.-- software 510--- 580 --etc

7.-- was this just a pot o gold  board you purchased ?

8. was the board made by leasure time products ?

9.- is the board a late model board -hong kong -knock off ??

10.-- how many dip switches are on board --8 or 12

11.--what type of power supply are you using

12.do you have you any experience at all in building any type of arcade game or slot machine cherry master etc .

lucky 13.-- pictures and stories always help

best regards from

Rockets repair service

LANDROCKET SALES INC.

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
TexasLexus
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 06:48:34 PM »

I have a Pot o Gold metal cabinet game with a T340 board, running 562C software. Ever since I bought my game, I have had absolutely no sound(not even a hum). I thought it was the speaker. I ordered a replacement, and it also does not work. I tested the board on another machine and it the sound worked great.

So I think that my harness is not set up correctly. Can someone that has a pot o gold please email me and tell me which slot the speaker wires are routed to? Currently, both speaker wires on mine go to slot 7(Component side, and bottom). I get no sound....I think one of these might be in the wrong slot. Thanks in advance for your help.
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 07:32:37 PM »

This could be very simple ? Every pot of gold I have worked on had the basic same color codes on the harness as a factory POG. Saying this your correct on the pin out number for the speakers. Is SO SIMPLE YOU HAVE POS Speaker wire Connected to Neg spot on speaker ? No sound will come out if so. Or chase back the speaker wires for cracks -crimps -bends etc. For possible broken wire ? Also check the speakers for sound in the machine that has no sound - not uncommon to blow two speakers or at least one speaker blown + if its not wired correctly no sound ! Also any more info always helps ? Did this machine ever have sound? Rocket ! P S snowing in Mass as I type outside freezing my Nads off lol

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
TexasLexus
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 07:41:32 PM »

thanks for your reply...sorry its cold there...it is hot as hell here in TX...

I think it is a harness issue because like i said the board worked fine with another machine...i wish I had checked that machine to see where the speaker wires went. I tested the speaker and it is working...The wire could be a problem, looks like it was added later. The sound has never worked on this machine, and I am not sure if it worked in the past. I really think that I might have one or both of the speaker wires in the wrong slot.

If anyone has a POG, they could see where their speaker wires are going ....I have tried without luck to find the wiring schematic for the T340 board. Guess I will just have to find someone that I can compare games too...shame there is no sound, that is alot of the fun of playing keno.

ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 07:59:57 PM »

Sounded like the harness had been messed with. Try swapping the wires from pos to neg side of one speaker. Also your not running some crazy 500 watt speaker I'm guessing? A 8-10  watt is fine. As far as a manual your correct on the pinout location. I have 3 POG Manuals all are basic the same.  From early US Gaming to Leasuire time. Etc so to compare to another machine would not help if -as you mentioned the speaker wires have been added or diff colors etc they are in correct spot. Just crank up the potentiometer to high + start testing then send warm weather East ! 

ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 08:08:24 PM »

Oops inside now try slot TEN on Edge connector - I was wrong

ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 08:13:20 PM »

I'm freezing just looked at one machine quick it looks like pos black wire with wht tracer on comp side + all blk or dark brn on edge con #9 solder side. Until I get warm + snow off me that's what it looks like 

TexasLexus
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 09:18:17 PM »

thanks....so the black/white wire goes on solder side 9??? is the solder side the top (component side)?

Thanks...ill try it out.
TexasLexus
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 09:29:51 PM »

Ok...i just read your last post more closely....the black wire plus another wire on 9....So in total there should be three wires...this would make sense since I guess I need to power the speaker somehow....Right now, all I have is the black and the black/white wire.....each one going in on top and bottom of 7....if you are saying the black and another wire are on the solder side, it could be why I am getting no sound...do you know where the other wire goes, must be going down to the power converter. Sounds like im making a little progress.
TexasLexus
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2011, 09:30:39 PM »

Oh, and thanks by the way....i know the cold makes it 10 times harder...I appreciate it.
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2011, 09:39:02 PM »

Two wires ONLY ! One goes to component side - forgot already what color + trace I think I said black with white tracer -comp side is up side where all transistors etc are ! Solder side is bottom side that's all solder supported by feet in most cases that had a solid black or dark brown from my memory 45 min ago. Its spagetti time good luck.

TexasLexus
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2011, 09:53:20 PM »

Ahhh...ok...well, I tried several ways, the last config I did was black/white on solder side con 9, and black on component  con 9....still nothing.
I cant even get a hiss from the speaker or anything.
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2011, 03:22:04 PM »

Ok diff day even colder 20 deg in Ma. But I said use the no.10 spot on component side. + no.9 on solder side if I read my own post correct lol. But once again just grab a loose speaker that you know works run to wires from edge connector 10 top side  and edge connector 9 solder side + see what you have. Speakers do have a Positive + Negative post. The 10 spot is the positive black wire that has a white color tracer on it. If its factory. What strikes me odd is I can see speaker wires cut + spliced. But at edge connector the originals should be there ?

jrrudd7
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2011, 10:52:32 AM »

If you're still looking I will send you the POG pin outs for the edge connector.
TexasLexus
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2012, 12:22:53 AM »

jrrud: YES...I kind of gave up. I tried every combination I could think of, and then I even bought a repl speaker. If you could send the pin outs, I could probably
finally get the sound working. It is in my gameroom, unplugged. No one likes to play it since there is no sound. :-(

I am sure it is an easy fix if I can get the right combination.

Thanks in advance!
Wildlos

Total Karma Storms: 1

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2012, 06:13:43 PM »

Di you by any chance connect a bell to your POG for the special win? Can anyone tell me how to connect a bell to a POG game that is not in a metal cabinet. Thanks for the the help.
BERT

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2013, 03:30:48 AM »

jrrud: YES...I kind of gave up. I tried every combination I could think of, and then I even bought a repl speaker. If you could send the pin outs, I could probably
finally get the sound working. It is in my gameroom, unplugged. No one likes to play it since there is no sound. :-(

I am sure it is an easy fix if I can get the right combination.

Thanks in advance!
7]
Sounded like the harness had been messed with. Try swapping the wires from pos to neg side of one speaker. Also your not running some crazy 500 watt speaker I'm guessing? A 8-10  watt is fine. As far as a manual your correct on the pinout location. I have 3 POG Manuals all are basic the same.  From early US Gaming to Leasuire time. Etc so to compare to another machine would not help if -as you mentioned the speaker wires have been added or diff colors etc they are in correct spot. Just crank up the potentiometer to high + start testing then send warm weather East ! 
[/quote]
I have a Pot o Gold metal cabinet game with a T340 board, running 562C software. Ever since I bought my game, I have had absolutely no sound(not even a hum). I thought it was the speaker. I ordered a replacement, and it also does not work. I tested the board on another machine and it the sound worked great.

So I think that my harness is not set up correctly. Can someone that has a pot o gold please email me and tell me which slot the speaker wires are routed to? Currently, both speaker wires on mine go to slot 7(Component side, and bottom). I get no sound....I think one of these might be in the wrong slot. Thanks in advance for your help.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.