Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 05:20:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Code 51 Ram Error
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Code 51 Ram Error  (Read 30170 times)
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2010, 04:35:22 PM »

Bunker I think a 5 coin Haywire is type 0   so woulden't first choice be a SP 1271?

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2010, 04:43:39 PM »

What I don't know is if the SP1271 will work with that old SS chip?
Plus, the older SP chips sometimes have better sounds for the game...
The SP1271's really have a lot of accounting stuff and wiped out the older sounds to make room on the chip.
Plus, I think the Haywire games are Type 2, am I mistaken?
Type 0 doesn't do any special spins...
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 04:52:20 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
Frank A
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 50

Pinball & Sailing

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2010, 05:55:55 PM »

When I swapped out one of my other boards that has a different chip, I can control the options like a regular IGT + with the sheet that goes with that chip, but the LCD display goes blank. If you want to send me the chips that would give me the ability to change options and still have the Haywire sounds and spins, but deletes the LCD dispay, maybe that is how I have to go. Should I just buy another board with the 5 coin Haywire chips and try that ? I appreciate the help and the effort here. I just find it hard to believe that collectively we can't make the gremlin go away. A priest maybe ? If you send me a PM I will send my address and phone number.  Thank you again.

Frank

Frank A
Frank A
Contributing NLG Member

Pinball & Sailing

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2010, 06:12:09 PM »

I just went down and got the machine to play with Play 1-5 Coins crawling by on the LCD screen. I turned the Jackpot key once, hit Bet One Credit and on the LCD display 051  101 was displayed. On the upper window 5100 was displayed and the lower window showed 0101. I hit the Play Max Credits and it reverted to Play 1-5 Coins. The White Light on the candle was blinking rapidly. Any suggestions as to who I can get on the phone to maybe talk me thru the process while I work the buttons and switches here would be very helpful.
Thank you again,

Frank

Frank A
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2010, 06:34:22 PM »

"Crawling by on the LCD screen"...
Do you mean the LCD screen is working but the other red "Winner Paid"/ "Credits"/ "Coins Played" are NOT lit up?
What are you seeing on the LCD screen as you play it?
the closest PSR I can locate for your chip is a SP450 PSR.
It doesn't talk about you LCD display though.
I searched through other later PSR's but none had any reference to the weird LCD display screen you have on your machine.
I would try an PM Blueridgeslots...
It seems like he had come in contact with these machines before and he, if anyone,
would know a lot more about these army machines than I would.
I am, however, very curious as what shows up on your LCD screen as you play the machine somewhat normally with your existing chips.
The more I look at your picture posted of your chips - the more I am convinced that they are the original correct chips.
Code 51 is the strange code indeed -
I looked in my oldest S+ manuals for it but there's absolutely no reference to that particular error code at all.
Maybe the Army adapted and implemented the Navajo code talkers into your machine.... rotflmao
I was inclined to try searching for "S" information but your chips are clearly labeled as "S+".
You definitely have a pretty rare machine - or rather, the documentation on it - is even more obscure!
There are NOT many of us that own an S+ with Army chips - that's why it's very difficult to solve this puzzle.
Frank A
Contributing NLG Member

Pinball & Sailing

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2010, 07:02:00 PM »

After putting in the coin, it reads Coin Accepted. If you win it reads Winner 2 and Cash 2

Frank A
Frank A
Contributing NLG Member

Pinball & Sailing

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2010, 07:06:00 PM »

The coins played lights up and the winner paid also lights up. Everything is normal except for the 51 error code and I can't change the options.

Frank A
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2010, 08:09:04 PM »

Bunker the bible says 5 coin Haywire is type 0   OK I installed SP 873 and SS 4490 in a 2 coin Haywire,  plays 5 coins and Haywires, but payout is funny paid 20 on single bar and one  Double Jackpot and haywired, most likely reel strips are wrong for 5 coin. Tryed a SP 1271 with SS 4490 and got a 68 error, bible must be wrong or I can't read.

Frank A
Contributing NLG Member

Pinball & Sailing

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2010, 11:05:35 PM »

No, I never did get the chips that we spoke about a while back. I checked all around the property thinking that they may have blown around outside, but I never found them in or out of the mail box. I kind of remember that you said that you sent them again, but the gremlins must have gotten them too. Thank you for your help.

Frank

Frank A
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2010, 12:31:12 AM »

The reason I thought it might NOT be a Type 0 chip is because Type 0 SP chips don't have any "special spins"...
Type 2 HAS "special spins" while Type 1 is more of a "nudge" game like Leap Frog.
The Bible is known to have some mistakes - but then again...
maybe a Haywire game doing it's "haywire" spins is not "special"...LOL
I don't know now...I am really confused.
Here's an excerpt from Rick Hunter FAQ's:
Just notice the ones I've highlighted in Blue>>>

TYPE 0    For comparison purposes, all Type 0 games are listed under the 'Standard' category of S-Plus games with no special features, existing as numerous varieties. Name of the Type 0 game is normally taken to be the graphics theme assigned to the game. All Non-System Software Slot Game Types use a Standard Type 0 data table file as the development base. STANDARD - NO SPECIAL FEATURES

TYPE 1     Slam Dunk, Balloon Bars, Knockdown, Sevens Up, Leap Frog, Nudge Up, Nudge Down. Special S-Plus: Single nudge up and/or nudge down; when the specified symbol lands on the pay line, the game will either 'nudge' the reel up one symbol, or 'nudge' the reel down one symbol. NUDGE IN ONE DIRECTION

TYPE 2     Special S-Plus: The game will pay out certain awards (as prescribed by the pay table) a predetermined amount of the total pay, then re-spin the reels to the current win combination and pay the predetermined amount again. This will continue until the total amount has been paid.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2010, 12:34:01 AM »

Now, here's the contradiction from the Bible you've pointed out>>>

5 Coin Multiplier
Haywire (143D)
(TYPE 0)
CERTAIN PAYS WILL "HAYWIRE" AND REPEAT THE PAY.

* Bible Haywire Award glass 5CM.gif (25.6 KB, 300x223 - viewed 310 times.)
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2010, 12:41:23 AM »

But Stout, Type 2 does not mention the reels going haywire , only that the pay is repeated. In Haywire, the reels go back and forth and shake, etc. That behavior is not described as Game type 2..........

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2010, 12:55:40 AM »

But don't the Haywire spins repeat and pay each time?
That would qualify as a "Special Spin"...no?
a69mopar
647-402-1977
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2010, 01:05:07 AM »

it is a type 2, and a Haywire Deluxe is a type2/21.

W

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2010, 01:30:59 AM »

which SP chip would you use in place of a SP 823?  I think I have read that the higher the number the better the chip I guess what I'm asking is would a SP 1207 be better?

StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2010, 02:37:35 AM »

it is a type 2, and a Haywire Deluxe is a type2/21.

W

Agree with Post Haywire is most definitely a type 2 game. Haywire Deluxe is type 21. I am 500% certain +- 0.00000001%  Tongue Out

SP1274 would be the chip of choice. It's what I use.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 02:43:41 AM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
StatFreak

« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2010, 02:43:50 AM »

Now, here's the contradiction from the Bible you've pointed out>>>

5 Coin Multiplier
Haywire (143D)
(TYPE 0)
CERTAIN PAYS WILL "HAYWIRE" AND REPEAT THE PAY.

Haywire is correctly list as type 2 on the 2cm and 3cm pages. The 5cm page listing as type 0 is an error.
Who ever said that the bible was perfect? (Oh, I can hear it coming already!  Cry Laughing Cry Laughing)

But Stout, Type 2 does not mention the reels going haywire , only that the pay is repeated. In Haywire, the reels go back and forth and shake, etc. That behavior is not described as Game type 2..........

Not on an S+ they don't. no The reels only shake on an S2000.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2010, 03:03:34 AM »

I am wondering though, if a newer SP1207 would be compatible with Franks 10MHz board and his SS chip?
Something's really strange about his machine... I would like to point out that he had already
tried a different SP chip and it didn't allow his LCD display to light up.
When he uses his Army chips, he only gets the LCD screen
but not the regular red 7-segment displays and gets that code "51".
Has anyone found any information on this particular error code?
I have scoured very old S+ manuals and all sorts of older documentation.
There is no reference to error code "51" in them anywhere.
That machine is a very odd one indeed.
Especially with that LCD screen...
I have never really seen that screen anywhere else on any other S+ machine.
His Army SP chip contains an alphabet...very rare for an S+.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2010, 03:19:12 AM »

I must have a "Haywire" Haywire the reels don't shake on mine, they do respin on some wins and makes a noise out of the speaker.   Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

Gusco
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 19

« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2010, 03:39:45 AM »

Hmmm Being army chips and the number 51 involved makes me think of UFO's  Was this machine by chance at Area 51 ?

« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 03:46:31 AM by Gusco » Logged

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway."  —John Wayne
StatFreak

« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2010, 04:07:08 AM »

I must have a "Haywire" Haywire the reels don't shake on mine, they do respin on some wins and makes a noise out of the speaker.   Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

They're not supposed to, as I said earlier:

Not on an S+ they don't. no The reels only shake on an S2000.

I am wondering though, if a newer SP1207 would be compatible with Franks 10MHz board and his SS chip?
Something's really strange about his machine... I would like to point out that he had already
tried a different SP chip and it didn't allow his LCD display to light up.

If any newer chip would work, I'd use the 1274 rather than the 1207. It wouldn't hurt for Frank to try one of them...  stir the pot / get cooking

OhioGaming
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 297

« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2010, 11:04:47 AM »

When I swapped out one of my other boards that has a different chip, I can control the options like a regular IGT + with the sheet that goes with that chip, but the LCD display goes blank. If you want to send me the chips that would give me the ability to change options and still have the Haywire sounds and spins, but deletes the LCD dispay, maybe that is how I have to go. Should I just buy another board with the 5 coin Haywire chips and try that ? I appreciate the help and the effort here. I just find it hard to believe that collectively we can't make the gremlin go away. A priest maybe ? If you send me a PM I will send my address and phone number.  Thank you again.

Frank

If you can get the machine to play like you mention here that is the way I would go using an SP 653 or even a higher type 2/21. I believe your SS chip will be compatible with any of these other SP chips. You can always blank out the scrolling display or purchase a used reel glass without the scrolling display even though it does not answer your 51 error code question.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 11:21:57 AM by OhioGaming » Logged
Frank A
Contributing NLG Member

Pinball & Sailing

« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2010, 06:03:36 PM »

The LCD dispay is a very nice part of the game. Can anyone help me figure out a Par sheet so that I can change options ? I get the error 51 to clear and the machine to work by pushing the white test button and then turning the jackpot key once and closing the door. I would like to get the bell to ring and have the cash/credit option working. Now it just spits out the coins on every win. Does anyone need any additional pictures ? Thank you to all,

Frank

Frank A
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2010, 01:01:37 AM »

Frank  why don't you wait untill you receive the items I sent you, pretty sure they will get it working.  ( my son mail them today )  In the mean time after your machine boots up, if the cash out button light isn't on, press it one time and with it lit all wins should go to credits.  Stat has another setting he showed me but CRS is taking over.

Frank A
Contributing NLG Member

Pinball & Sailing

« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2010, 03:09:39 PM »

Thank you. You are the best. I will kep you inthe loop with the results.

Frank

Frank A
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.