Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 08:30:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
| |-+  JCM WBA 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 20, 21, 22, and 23 Bill Validators
| | |-+  WBA-11-SS IGT S+ help
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WBA-11-SS IGT S+ help  (Read 6935 times)
sblair
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 3

« on: September 15, 2010, 02:07:23 AM »

I'm new here and new to slots.  I picked up 4 IGT S+ slots at an auction recently and am in the process of refurbing them.  I don't have any experience working on slots, but am an Electrical Engineer and spent years working on pinball and arcade games growing up so I know my way around an oscilloscope and meter.

2 of the machines had bill acceptors but neither work.  They are both WBA-11-SS.  I've found that one of them had a dead power supply.  The other one has a good power supply but neither bill acceptor even tries to fire up when putting them in the machine with the working PS.  The power LED and status LED both stay solid.  I've tried putting both the Bill Acceptors into Self Test mode using DIP 8 on (all others off), but the status LED just stays on solid and never goes into a flashing mode on either of them

Given that I can't go into Self Test for the validator, does that rule out any configuration issues with the slot itself and indicate that the validators are definitely bad?

Is there someone who can supply me with a replacement ROM chip for these?

Thanks in advance.
Scott
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 02:55:47 AM by StatFreak » Logged
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 03:08:40 AM »

Welcome to NLG Scott. wave

I edited your post slightly as we do not allow the solicitation of binary files on this site. However, we do have vendors here who will be able to get you a replacement chip, if that's what's needed.

However, it's possible that the validator is disabled. I would check the slot's test/setup menu as a first step. Depending on which SP chip you have installed, you'll be pressing the white test button two or three times, until the coins in reads 0, and you see either "5   n" (where n=0-2) or "2   n"  (where n=0-1) in the winner paid and credit windows. Then turn the jackpot key until you get to option "9   n".  If n is 0 then the validator is disabled and you'll need a set chip to turn it on.

If this is not the issue, there may be another cause which one of our members can help discover, or it may be that you do, indeed, need a new chip for the validator. I don't own any machines with WBAs, so I'll hand that end off to another of our knowledgeable members if need be.

Hope this helps,

StatFreak garfield
nlg  Global Moderator
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 03:16:02 AM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
sblair

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 03:25:33 AM »

Thanks for the response!  I guess that answers the questions about downloads. Wink

If the validator is disabled in the slot itself, would that still prevent it from going into it's own self test mode on the validator itself?  I wouldn't *think* it would, but I've seen stranger things before.

I'm looking to get Set/Clear chips either way so I have the ability to tinker.  I've seen a number of ads for them online, are all the IGT S+ Set/Clear chips the same or is there more I need to know about them first before buying a set?

Thanks.
Scott
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 04:14:07 AM »

I can't remember the last time I tried turning off my validator, and I don't own a WBA (I have DBVs) so I'm not sure about your test mode question. Scratch Head

For the older SP chips, the typically sold SET chip is SET015, but I'd get the SET026 because it allows setting a penny denomination, whereas the 015 only goes down to nickels. The ability to set a penny denomination will still depend on whether or not the SP chip supports it. The advantage of the penny setting is that you can get maximum credits for minimal dollars put into the validator, which can be nice for home use.

For the newer SP chips, it depends, but SET090 is common. You can use the SET015/026 with the newer SP chips as well if you only want to turn on the validator and set the denomination, but the newer SET chips will also allow you to set up internal progressives.

If you do have older SP chips in your machines, you might also consider getting newer versions. (SP731 would be replaced by an SP1271, for example). The advantage is that the newer chips allow one to set separate hopper, credit, and jackpot limits, which allows one to have thousands of credits on the machine without worrying about having a full hopper. They also count up credits faster. The main advantage of the older chips is that they allow a seven song selection for the respin games that play songs. The newer chips lost that feature in favor of more detailed bookkeeping records.

If you hang out around here, you never know what you'll end up doing to your slots!  Tongue Out Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

I would also suggest reading the "Rick's FAQ" section. Click on the blue button under the banner ads. It mainly covers the S+.

Stat garfield

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
sblair

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 02:59:24 AM »

Okay, I've been digging back into troubleshooting this and I have some answers and more questions.

First off, I have used a SET chip to determine that the BV *is* enabled.  The BV power supply is also good.

The BV appears to just be dead and never does anything in normal operation.

When I put the WBA-11 into Self Test mode, both the Power and Status LED both come on solid.  It never flashes as the manual indicates it should.  That said, the self tests do appear to be functioning.  I was able to excercise all the motors and then I put it into the Bill Acceptance Test (DIP 1,2,3 ON)  It will pull the bill in.  Hold iit for a couple seconds and spit it out.   The LED never flashes to indicate whether the bill passed or not.  So I don't know if it is really working.  I used a good $1.00 bill for testing.  (avoiding currency version issues)

Question:  In the Bill Acceptance Test if the bill passes, will it pull it all the way through or spit it back out still and just indicate passage using the LED's?

Any thoughts why the Status LED is always stuck on solid?

Software is:  WBA-11-SS ID022/023
V.3.00-03 (DEF2)
271C001

Thanks!
Scott
brianfink
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 20

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 11:03:51 AM »

the soft ware you have is the correct version but old but a one dollar bill should work.when you put all your dip switches in the up possition and put the acceptor into the machine does it wind up? have you tryed exchanging the heads from one exeptor to the other?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.