Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 04:11:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  RS vs SS
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: RS vs SS  (Read 4528 times)
lmgSr
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 87

« on: September 21, 2010, 07:11:03 AM »

What is the difference between a RS and a SS Eprom?
scratchee35
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 23

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 11:23:19 AM »

my first M machine used the RS chip...27128..the ss is a 27c64,,,.the chip is physically the same size but mathmatically they are different

possibly some earlier S models used the rs chip also?

S
lmgSr
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 11:30:36 AM »

How can you tell? I have a 1989 IGT 3 coin upright.
scratchee35

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 11:37:10 AM »

the difference between an M machine and an S-Plus machine....

M's were mechanical...meaning it has gears that run the reels

easiest way to tell what machine u have is locate the board..is it on the side of the machine or in the rear....

as far as i know, all S's were mounted on the left side beside the hopper, and S-Plus's are in the rear behind the hopper...

pull the board and read the chips...they should be marked with either RS or SS and the chip number

S
lmgSr
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 11:52:11 AM »

It is an s machine with a 3411 chip in it. The label on the ship only says WILD CHERRY, no numbers.
scratchee35

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 12:20:43 PM »

the machine looks to be a 3coin wild cherry with a 90% payout...is ss3411

best upgrade i would have is to a 92% which will be the ss3410

S
lmgSr
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 01:11:21 PM »

Are we talking about an SS Chip?
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 03:25:35 PM »

easiest way to tell what machine u have is locate the board..is it on the side of the machine or in the rear....

as far as i know, all S's were mounted on the left side beside the hopper, and S-Plus's are in the rear behind the hopper...

Actually, early S-pluses without the bill validator had the board on the left side and S's can have the board in the back.

An S+ has a motherboard -- a small board mounted on the floor of the machine. The MPU board sits in a metal tray with a black handle and plugs directly into it. There are no other connections to the MPU board. The S+ uses an SS chip.

An S has three large wiring harnesses connected to the main board, which still sits in a metal tray but does not plug into another board. The S uses an RS chip.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
scratchee35

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2010, 03:31:39 PM »

Are we talking about an SS Chip?

yes..only info i can find is for the ss3411, no listing for a rs3411 so i am assuming...and you know what that means...that you have an ss

and yes, i did forget about the non bill validators in some machines...thanks Stat!!

S
StatFreak

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 04:01:06 PM »

Also, the SS chips are 27c64, the RS chips are 27C256.

And YES, there is an RS3411.

Look for the motherboard or the three wiring harnesses to determine your model.

Stat garfield

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
lmgSr
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 04:05:32 PM »

The board in in the back, has three large wiring harnesses connected to it and sits in a metal tray but does not plug into another board.
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2010, 04:16:44 PM »

M slot machine= three large reels, turned on and off using solenoids, usually two logic boards mounted above the reels in a card cage hidden by a swing down door, had a alpha numeric dot display located in center reel glass   and a backlit coin entry slot.
M+ slot machine= three large reels, turned on and off by solenoids, only one logic board mounted on the left side of the machine on the same type of tray that a S+ logic board uses. alpha numeric dot display located center reel glass or digital readout located right side reel glass  supports both type displays
S slot machine= three reels (same size used on S+ and S+ slant tops) turned on and off under microprocessor controlled stepper motor, board located in the back of the machine, three individual plugs support this logic board. (these plugs have to manually inserted) used RS chip no SP chip, will operated with some ss type chips. will not support nudge type or spin till win ,mystery reel action etc. games.
S+ machine= three reels, (early version-pre bill acceptor) logic board mounted on the left side with removable tray, digital display located on right side of reel glass, later version with embedded bill acceptor- logic board mounted on removable tray placed in the back of the machine. digital display located on the bottom of the reel glass,   will operate on the RS/SS type chips  needs SP according to type game. will support all the games. nudge, respin, mystery etc.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
StatFreak

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2010, 04:34:55 PM »

Thanks Jim Hail

That's a concise description of each of the slots.  applause applause
I'll have to keep that one. K+

Stat garfield

lmgSr
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2010, 05:00:48 PM »

Thanks Jim and everyone else for your extremely helpful information.

Larry     
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.