Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:24:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  The Slot Shop **Tech Talk**
| | |-+  door display shorting out?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: door display shorting out?  (Read 5241 times)
rarestamx
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 32

« on: September 21, 2010, 09:56:05 PM »

working on a s2000 3 reel wild cherry, during start up, the door display, buttons blink on and off, for along time, says door is open, closure m and so on. battery is new and 3.6 volts, tryed switching, power supplies, door controller box, nothing seems to work.after some time, its starts working on its own, and is fine until shut off again. checked wiring and plugs, and find nothing wrong. any idea whats going on???????

Life is too short not to enjoy playing, repairing, these wonderful machine's. Brought some of my favorites with me to enjoy
Railroad94
In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 225

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 10:10:38 PM »

Does sound like a short or power problem but I would try and switch MPU boards and see if it helps
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 10:25:18 PM »

Make sure your door is closing all the way. I had a 2000 that where the door latches to main cabnet at top was pulled out on
cabnet. Took a hammer & punch & taped it in on cabnet & that took care of it.
Ford
rarestamx
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 10:56:06 PM »

Does sound like a short or power problem but I would try and switch MPU boards and see if it helps

just upgraded the mpu, worked fine for about a year, maybe the door optics, but would not think it would just start working after time.

Life is too short not to enjoy playing, repairing, these wonderful machine's. Brought some of my favorites with me to enjoy
rarestamx
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 10:59:16 PM »

it does this door open or closed, if it happens, during play, reels spin slowly, reset it and it sta over again. then works fine.

Tilt
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 366

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 02:56:37 AM »

Does the MPU board have a corroding green nicad battery installed on it?
stormrider

Total Karma Storms: 131

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 08:54:32 AM »

rarestamx,

Make sure the machine is perfectly level
a main door slightly out of whack will cause this error,
as suggested above check the green battery for corrosion located at BT2 position on the MPU
in fact for a home slot user this battery is not needed and causes more problems than it's worth.
It should be removed anyway.

If none of the above works maybe try swapping optics from another S2000 if you have one
you could drop another MPU in it and see if the error goes away
which would shed some light on it being the MPU or cabinet.

Tim
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

PET

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 09:45:39 AM »

Before you do a lot of switchig check @ top latch like I mentioned earlier.
You may think I'm nuts but check it. Mine acted the same as yours. I went
nuts until I found it.
Ford
dpalmi

Total Karma Storms: 291

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 06:33:18 PM »

Hello all!

I've posted this before...

I went round and round with this same kind of problem for months.

In my case - it was the belly glass door.  Some machines have a door switch in the upper left corner of the belly glass door.  If your machine has this switch - it will also show as a "Closure M".  Not all machines have this switch.

I would bump the belly glass with my body or knee during a spin and the reels would go into the slow spin.  I assumed it was my main door and optics/etc.

So make sure and check if your belly glass has a door switch - I have removed mine and shorted the wires together....

Dan #2

A great man once said, "I was told last time I would get a piece of cake."

FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

PET

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 06:38:31 PM »

Glad you got it going. Most of the time it's something simple.
Ford
idylewild1

Total Karma Storms: 140

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2010, 06:53:11 PM »

The S2000's are famous for these type problems. What I have done is made a piece of wire about four foot long and put a pin on each end that will fit into the door optics connectors. Not the optics itself but the connector going to the mother board. Short out the red/white wire and the green wire on the other end. This should fake out the door closed circuit. You can now play the machine with the door open. If the machine plays okay then the wiring, mother board, and mpu board are okay and the prolem lies with the optics. This also helps with other problems when you can play the machine and see inside as well. Hope this helps.

Wild Bill
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2010, 11:01:37 PM »

I had the same thing and my game would blink 3 times off than go on. It would do that in a pattern for 10 min. or more than stay on. I tried everything and finely decided to clean my board, I removed all my chips, I cleaned the pins and reinstalled them. I used caned air and cleaned all the dust under all the other chips.  I cleaned the bottom of the board with alcohol.  Reinstalled, cleared and the problem went away.  Why it worked I do not know, but it has been working ever since.   
rarestamx
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2010, 08:33:34 PM »

thanks for all the help, will try each idea one at a time. if it is the door optics, how do you set them, to be correct, sounds like they must be very sensitive

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.