Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 05:22:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT I-Game and Game King.
| | |-+  Game King Conversion to 044 Enhanced Machine
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game King Conversion to 044 Enhanced Machine  (Read 20236 times)
freebird4
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 109

« on: September 26, 2010, 09:09:52 PM »

I need some expert advice from the great NLG members; I would like to upgrade my current Game King machine to a 044 enhanced machine.  
I'm unsure if my LCD monitor will work. I have a Nortek model number KTL170S-16.
I have been advised by one of the great NLG members that I will need a Legacy adaptor board, backplane board, 044 board in a tray and a flashed game board to complete the conversion.
Maybe I should buy a 044 enhanced machine!
I'm not sure!  
Any suggestions, comments or advice on what I should do will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Freebird4
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 09:22:41 PM by freebird4 » Logged
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 751

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 09:27:33 PM »

My understanding is that it should work no problem since your machine has an LCD.  To convert your machine you will need the 044 backplane (remove your 3902 motherboard and replace), an 044 main board, and of course an 044 daughter board (flash) with the game of your choice on it.

Jim

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 09:32:57 PM »

Note that with the Legacy daughter board you will only be able to run US versions of 3902 software.

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 10:58:24 PM »

Richard  Here again I might be wrong, but seems to me Eric ( Forrhouse ) did this conversion and he told me never again. You might want to send him a PM and ask.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 11:20:02 PM »

Richard  Here again I might be wrong, but seems to me Eric ( Forrhouse ) did this conversion and he told me never again. You might want to send him a PM and ask.

That's interesting to hear.  I would be curious as to why.  Conversion takes about 15 minutes or less.  Hardest part is changing out the motherboard as it's s tough reach and takes a steady hand getting to all the screws.  Reconnecting all the harnesses is easy since they are all numbered and you can match them up with what is printed on the motherboard.

laneman
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 55

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 11:23:34 PM »

Mine was easy to convert also.I have a extra kit that I may sell if you are interested.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2010, 11:31:19 PM »

Jim  you must remember I'm OLD  you just can't expect me to get the facts right. I was talking to Eric on the phone about a year and half ago, and he mentioned a conversion he had done, I thought it was this one, I've been wrong before.  Duh! Duh! Duh!

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2010, 11:59:15 PM »

That's interesting to hear.  I would be curious as to why.  Conversion takes about 15 minutes or less.  Hardest part is changing out the motherboard as it's s tough reach and takes a steady hand getting to all the screws.  Reconnecting all the harnesses is easy since they are all numbered and you can match them up with what is printed on the motherboard.

Jim Take a screw driver with wire wrapped like in the pic. use a car battery and flash the two ends of the wire to the Pos and Neg. post of the battery Caution the two ends of the wire will get HOT flash them 3, 4, 5 times  I usually do it until the wire gets too hot to Handel   Now see if the screw driver will pick up and hold a screw ( it will ) before long you will be doing this to a bunch of screw drivers. I posted this once and Bunker thought I had fallen on my head.

* PICT0220.sm.jpg (297.17 KB, 800x600 - viewed 312 times.)

Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2010, 12:07:13 AM »

Jim Take a screw driver with wire wrapped like in the pic. use a car battery and flash the two ends of the wire to the Pos and Neg. post of the battery Caution the two ends of the wire will get HOT flash them 3, 4, 5 times  I usually do it until the wire gets too hot to Handel   Now see if the screw driver will pick up and hold a screw ( it will ) before long you will be doing this to a bunch of screw drivers. I posted this once and Bunker thought I had fallen on my head.

Hey Buzz...very cool trick....I would chat more but I'm running out to my car battery !!! 

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2010, 12:11:28 AM »

Same screw driver. I wasn't going to waste all that work winding the wire around the screw driver.

* PICT0222.sm.jpg (215.03 KB, 800x600 - viewed 302 times.)

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2010, 01:17:09 AM »

rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2010, 01:23:57 AM »

Buzz,

Either my screwdriver is better than yours, or my battery must have a bigger charge than yours!!! wave Tongue Out Crazy Cry Laughing

CH CaptainHappy

To the CSI's  Sherlock Smiley What do you expect from a couple minutes of work? bust gut laughing

* screwdriver magnet.jpg (38.97 KB, 800x600 - viewed 296 times.)

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
freebird4
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2010, 01:25:16 AM »

I will check with Forrhouse, Thanks guys for the help!  applause applause

Richard
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2010, 01:30:11 AM »

wow! That's one heckufa screwdriver!!

* wow!.png (748.83 KB, 822x528 - viewed 328 times.)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 01:35:13 AM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2010, 01:33:58 AM »

In all seriousness, the conversion is not too bad at all. Worst part is getting in there to change the motherboard/backplane.... Just put a flashlight in there so that you have enough light and it will be a piece of cake. (Use a led light or flashlight, and make sure that machine is unplugged... You do not want to use the light behind the cash can as a burn is inevitable! hot hot hot ) The 044 MPU board and tray slide right in like a 3902 does. You can start out with a legacy memory adapter board that uses 3902 game sets, and later change to the flash board that has the games programmed into them. Also be very static cautious as these guys are VERY sensitive to static shock! lightning bolt lightning bolt lightning bolt

CH CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
freebird4
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2010, 01:46:07 AM »

CaptainHappy, would consider the 044 enhanced conversation change a great improvement over the 3902 platform?
Thanks for the information! applause

Richard
idesign
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 509

If it aint broke why mess with it?????

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2010, 09:59:40 AM »

The conversion is very easy.  Swapping out the backplane is easier if you remove it with the mounting plate.  Only 4 screws in the corners for that.  Then swap out the backplane onto the mounting plate.  

If you have international 3902 games and want to run them on a legacy adapter then get an international MPU board  (it has the green battery on it).
idesign
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 509

If it aint broke why mess with it?????

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2010, 10:02:58 AM »

Also, not sure about his monitor.  I thought I heard something about needing a 21 pin digital vs a 19 pin analog LCD for the higher resolution.
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 430

I DONT SELL ON EBAY ITS NOT ME .

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2010, 10:46:14 AM »

Richard  Here again I might be wrong, but seems to me Eric ( Forrhouse ) did this conversion and he told me never again. You might want to send him a PM and ask.

That's interesting to hear.  I would be curious as to why.  Conversion takes about 15 minutes or less.  Hardest part is changing out the motherboard as it's s tough reach and takes a steady hand getting to all the screws.  Reconnecting all the harnesses is easy since they are all numbered and you can match them up with what is printed on the motherboard.

Jim Take a screw driver with wire wrapped like in the pic. use a car battery and flash the two ends of the wire to the Pos and Neg. post of the battery Caution the two ends of the wire will get HOT flash them 3, 4, 5 times  I usually do it until the wire gets too hot to Handel   Now see if the screw driver will pick up and hold a screw ( it will ) before long you will be doing this to a bunch of screw drivers. I posted this once and Bunker thought I had fallen on my head.

we did the same thing as a kid and adult in putting back magnetizm <?? into a existing magnet on
>make & brake engines < or some call >1-lunger< engines that had weak mags . problem was it was only a temp repair to give enough magnetism to the magneto -voltage for the magneto to fire off the engine .
many of these engines did not have spark plugs --never did ---and just fired on a interal set of points off the magneto onece it was tripped . nice set up . if somene wants to see one i can post pictures later today of a original 1919 1-1/2 hp engine fires on points . no spark plugs .off topic a bit ..

this may sound silly ?? they sell a wide variety of screwdrivers with magnetic tips ?? alot easier than doing arc welding on your car or truck battery .

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
freebird4
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2010, 11:27:39 PM »

OK, I'm sold on the 044 enhanced game format. Would like to buy complete conversation kit with legacy board with game or not.

PM me if you have one for sale!

Thanks,

Freebird4
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2010, 11:47:45 PM »

I wonder if an Old Carolina Rib could be magentized in the same way ........LOL

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
freebird4
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2010, 12:16:39 AM »

Sure it could!! Maybe frog could do it too!!
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2010, 03:33:45 PM »

I wondering if you guys realize that there's a major difference
between "Conversation" and "Conversion" ?  Cry Laughing
Personally, I like to change out "Conservation" kits... Crazy
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2010, 08:15:20 PM »

I wondering if you guys realize that there's a major difference
between "Conversation" and "Conversion" ?  Cry Laughing
Personally, I like to change out "Conservation" kits... Crazy

Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

We could  say that this thread is a conversation about the conversion of a 3902 to an 044...   Crazy frying pan frying pan
.. so it's a "Game King conversion conversation."  rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2010, 10:29:51 PM »

There's no conservation of laughter at this end... Tongue Out Crazy rotflmao
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.