Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 03:06:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  IGT S-Plus Machines - HELP!!!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT S-Plus Machines - HELP!!!!  (Read 15359 times)
Red7
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 14

I love my slots.....

« on: October 06, 2010, 06:24:42 PM »

Hey Guys, I love this site.. and I think you for all your previous help with my Bally's machines.

If I could please get a little help in the following.

I have 4 IGT S plus machines. Double Black Tie, 5 Times Pay, Red White and Blue Wild, and Double Diamond.

All machines other then the Double Black Tie work great. They were shopped out machines. The DBT does not function at all. when i purchased it I ask them about turning of bill acceptor and hopper to make them coin less machines. The said you might need new chips and so on. The put a SP1271 in the DBT. When I powered it up I got a error 61. Then Cleared that and now I have a 65-3 error that I knon nothing about. 

My plan is to make all machines coin less. When the player puts a coin in the slot it will register one credit then the coin in diverted back to the tray. The hopper can stay in but will not be used. As well when the "cash out" button is pushed it will go to hand pay. I managed to do this on all my Bally's 6000 machines.. which thanks to all your help it worked out great. So I'm trying to do this on the IGT S Plus models. I don't understand the chip thing very well. If someone could help and explain this a little better would be great. As well if you could suggest any parts that I might need to make this happen. I have done the ram clear and so with Bally's which I understand. But there seems to be more to it with the IGT.

Last but not least, the 3 working machines I have from IGT have X-50 Coin comparators in them. There are no wires going to them???? And I can put in any type of coin and it works???? Any ideas?

Thanks for any help guys.. I look forward to logging on later tonight and see what I can to..

Steve

FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 06:34:50 PM »

I know one way you can say thanks is to make a contribution to NLG. Does not have to be a lot. Every little bit helps to keep site going.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 06:55:58 PM »

FORDSBS brings up a great point -- the site is free, and you'll continue to get help regardless, but if you feel that you've gotten some value from the site, please consider donating a few $$ to help defray the cost to host and maintain this site.  There's a small PayPal "donate" button at the bottom of every page.  Every little bit counts, and once you donate you'll get a "Contributing Member" badge added to your profile.

We should be able to get your S+ machines working as you like them, no problem.  S+ machines are solid, and (in my experience) generally easier to work with than the Bally's.

65-3 is easy to clear.  The blue "Rick's FAQ Files" button under the sponsor ads has lots of good S+ information.  In particular, the common S+ error codes are listed there (here's a direct link).  It explains what 65-3 is and what to do.

S+ machines have a coin acceptor (comparator), and a set of optics.  The comparator is pretty dumb -- it either accepts a coin or rejects it, based on whether it matches the sample coin, so long as the machine sends the signal that it's "ok to accept coins right now".  If it rejects it, it diverts it to the tray.  If it accepts it, it allows it to drop through the comparator and through the coin-in optics.  The coin-in optics give a credit to the credit meter.

Is there a coin comparator of any kind in your Double Black Tie machine?

Much as you did with the Bally's, you'll need to fashion some kind of chute under the optics that will redirect coins to the tray once they've passed through the optics.

I've attached the PSR (Program Summary Report) for the SP1271, which explains what the SP chip (essentially the operating system of the slot) can do.

One thing with the S+ machines -- a full RAM clear is generally never necessary (in stark contrast to the Bally games).  If you have a clear chip, put it in a safe place and understand that you may never need to use it.  Because of how many settings the clear chip resets, the only time to use it is if the memory is truly corrupt (very infrequent).

* SP1271.doc (94.5 KB - downloaded 371 times.)

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

PET

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 07:53:46 PM »

hey red7, I didn't mean to scare you off. I have a big mouth sometimes. This is a great site & every little bit helps to keep it going.
Red7

I love my slots.....

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 01:33:35 AM »

Hehe you didn't scare me off. I thought i replied to this post but for some reason it didn't work.. unless I replied to the wrong subject.. oops... Actually I'm glad you mentioned it.. I defiantly will do what i can.. this site rocks and i understand it costs money.. I would hate to see it go... So tomorrow i will give a little for everything i have received. I really do appreciate it.. We all get stuck sometimes and frustrated, and its good to know that you can post something and get an answer from someone that has had the same issue.. its really cool.. I'm a little frustrated with these IGT S+, but I have not given it enough time yet... I took the noght off from them, will give it  a fresh start.

But I do have a simple question..
With my Double Black Diamond (BTW it has a CC-16 comparator and optics board just like the Bally's I have) When I got it from April, I mentioned what I wanted to do. She mention the chips int he other 3 machine might now do it, so she would put a PS1271 in this machine for me to play with.. What is the difference. Is every chip different in the way its programmed.. like what features can be changed and such? Is this the only chip I should be worried about?
I guess I ask a lot of questions, but I'm one of those guys that needs to know everything I possibly can about something. I never stop.
As well the coin comparator in the 3 working machines, as mentions before is a X-50, it has no wires at all going to it.. so how is it working power threw some time of induction?? The machine will accept any coin..pennies to quarters??? This is fine with me but do I even need the coin comparator then? Maybe I can take it out and relocate the optics board to an easier place, so I can redirect those coins..

I will look into those mods you guys made for tricking it to think a coin is being put in, But I think I'm going to try something else first. I might try and trick the bill acceptor. I use some cool modules in the car audio field. (I own a small shop in my town) These mods allow you record the RX/TX transmission in parallel with a circuit.  I know its far fetched but it just might work if I get the timing just right. I will let you all know how it works out.

Thanks again guys..

Steve
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 01:55:10 AM »

Hi steve...welcome to NLG!!!
Have you ever looked at these links?
There's a lot info in there to help you with many of your questions!
Happy reading!  rotflmao >>>

http://www.newlifegames.net/faq1/

Red7

I love my slots.....

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 02:29:23 AM »

Hey thanks man.. Yeah i have read them all over..

I guess I'm just looking for clarification.. As well I know the next question is what SP Chip I have in all my machines.. So tomorrow I will look and see, then get a PSR for them.. So I guess if the PSR does not allow me to set the hopper payout limit to Zero, then I must acquire a SP Chip that will?? Like a SP1271?? I think that is all I have to do from reading all the info on this site.. I wish the machines were beside me for I would like to look right now.. Sad

So I guess the Sp Chip just determines what functions are available for change? And then you need a SET Chip to go in and change these functions? But the set chip you need all depends on the SP chip you have? Why would there not be a universal SP chip that does everything and a Set chip that does the same? Am I on the right track? Or way out in left field?

Thanks guys.. and gals..
knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 05:08:03 AM »

Fudge, just lost a long reply.  bawling

The SP chip is basically the operating system of the slot, and supports specific "types" of game software.  Off the top of my head, all four of your games are considered to be type 0 games -- that is, no nudging, no respins, no bonus games, etc.  See the sticky post here in the S+ section about SP chip lists -- it shows most of the available SP chips, and what game types they support.  A definition of the different game types can be found here.

You only need a SET chip to enable/disable the bill validator and/or progressive options and/or tokenizing options, if supported.  All other options can be changed through the machine without the use of a SET chip.  Note, that in nearly all cases, you do need to have zero credits on the machine before you can change option settings.  Most newer SP chips support a hopper limit of zero.  (When I say "newer", anything that starts with a 1xxx is "newer".)  Some older chips do, too, so you'll have to experiment.

I've attached a great Excel file (inside a zip file) that Ron (r273 here on the NLG site) created "for rookies".  Read the first page, then use the tabs at the very bottom of the workbook to navigate through the different SP chips to see what common settings are available, and how to set them.

* IGT S+ PSRs & TEST OPTION SHEETS SIMPLIFIED V3.zip (65.17 KB - downloaded 356 times.)

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Red7

I love my slots.....

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 01:00:15 AM »

Thanks for all the info.. I have had some time to play with the Double Black Tie Machine. I have it up and running as normal. It has a SP 1271 chip in it.

I have dip switch in the position so it should play real sounds and stop sounds. But I am only getting stop sounds.. nothing when the reels are spinning. I look at the programming adn it does not look like I can turn the hopper off?? Any suggestions? I would like all pays to be "Hand Pay", extra cons entered to be added to credit, and no option for cash button. All winnings go to the credit meter. Is this possibel with the SP 1271 Chip on this game? I have the spread sheet you gave me printed out, for the most part I understand it, but there doesn't seem to be the options I am looking for. All the other 3 S+ machines have a SP731 in them. I will need that info on those machines as well. Or do I need to change to a different SP Chip? In the mean time I will look threw the other post and see what I can find.

Thanks, I really appreciate it..

Steve
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 01:18:39 AM »

Did you happen to see this part in your PSR sheet of the SP1271?
You can break the dip switches clear off the board with a hammer!!
They have NO, ZERO, NADA effect on your sounds...
Click to make larger if needed...>>>

* dips.png (101.98 KB, 1024x738 - viewed 468 times.)
Red7

I love my slots.....

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2010, 02:13:01 AM »

Hey thanks.. I figured it out..

Well I think I have the answer to all my questions.

I have the Double Black Tie working perfectly with the SP1271 Chip... Set the hopper settings and everything is all good. The only function I do not like it the Cash/Credit Button. Is there any way to make this Credit only??? I tried 5-0, 5-1, and 5-2. The only setting the machine will actually build credits it 5-2 with the credit button light on. In the other 2 settings it goes to hand pay right away.

The other 3 machines I have, come with SP731.. which after all my looking around figured out that you can change your hopper limit, but does not allow you to change your credit limit.. according to the PSR?

So now I have to buy 3 x SP1271 chips... Anyone have any?? As well could I buy blank eproms and copy the chip I have? I do have a chip reader.. never used t though... friend of mine let me borrow it just in case...
and last but not least. If the Hopper limit is set to 0000, can I remove it? Will it get mad at me? As well the bill acceptor is not enabled can I remove it and the machien will work? I dont wanna try without asking due to if I set of some bells and whistles I cant fix..

Thanks Guys.. Almost have this all figured out.

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2010, 03:02:34 AM »

Set the hopper limits and credits  to "Hand Pays" only and all you have to do is turn the
reset key to wipe them out whenever someone hits the cashout button.

Get SST 27SF512 ( electronically erasable and rewritable chips) from mouser.com or somewhere
and copy your SP1271 if you want.
Or place an ad in the "Classifieds" section of NLG and a vendor may spot it and offer to sell you some SP1271's.

The problem I have is this.... Scratch Head
If you remove your hopper and bill acceptor - how will you be able to get
"credits" onto your machine - in order to play it? Scratch Head 3
I understand dropping coins into the slot and through the coin comparitor will register credits...
but where are all the coins going to go with the hopper bucket removed? The drop below in the slot stand?
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2010, 05:12:46 AM »

Bunker, I think he was going to redirect the coins back to the tray after passing them through the optics.

I have the Double Black Tie working perfectly with the SP1271 Chip... Set the hopper settings and everything is all good. The only function I do not like it the Cash/Credit Button. Is there any way to make this Credit only??? I tried 5-0, 5-1, and 5-2. The only setting the machine will actually build credits it 5-2 with the credit button light on. In the other 2 settings it goes to hand pay right away.

Option 5-0 will put all wins to credit. It's a better choice than 5-2 for your desired setup. I think that your issue might be that you set your credit limit too low. The advantage of the SP1271 is that is splits out all of these settings, unlike the SP731.

For the 1271, set:
In the setup sub-menu where you turn the key to move through the options:
5    0   (Automatic credits. You don't have to turn the credit light on first.)
8    1   (Bill validator always goes to the credit meter)
13  1   (Optional. This will display the hand pay amount when you hit lockups (jackpots)

Press the white test button to move through the main pages until you get to the first page with a 7 showing in the coins inserted window.
Press the white test button to move to each successive setting:

7.1 Hopper limit. Set this to 0
7.2 Lower Jackpot limit. Any single win over this amount will trigger a lockup "jackpot" where the lights flash, etc. Usually set to something like 1199, but can be whatever you want.
7.3 Credit limit. Set this to 9999. This will allow all wins to build up on the meter, except lockups. (This may not be set correctly right now.)
7.5 Validator limit. The validator turns off when you reach this number.
8    Partial pay amount. Set this to 0.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
StatFreak

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2010, 05:26:39 AM »

P.S. What will happen with these settings is that all bills and wins will go to the meter unless the win is over the jackpot lockup limit. Those will flash the candle and "ding", and are cleared by turning the JP key. The value of the jackpot just goes away (but is added to the books). When you press the flashing cashout button, the machine will go into a hand pay and turning the JP key will clear off all of the accumulated credits. You will not have to have a hopper in the machine.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Red7

I love my slots.....

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2010, 02:52:29 PM »

Ok,

When I set the 5-0, it will not allow credits to build (Goes right to hand pay).. on the SP731 and SP1271... I have tried both machines. The SP731 does not give me the proper options so I will get some new chips in those machines. The SP1271 will work well for what I want. I have the Double Black Tie set to 5-2 and is working fine, other then you can still select between credit and cash with the button. I will try 5-0 one more time.

stayouttadabunker - I have lowered the drop door and installed a bypass tube so the coins will go back to the tray and not the machine. It works well. On the Bally's machines I have it will allow the customer to keep feeding as many coins in as they want to build up a good credit amount to play with, although the IGT S+ machines it seems like you can only put in 3 coins, Is there a coin to credit setting somewhere. 

So to clarify something.. The only way to do this is use SP1271 chips right? There is no way with the SP731's? What will have to be done to do this.. Open MPU remove old and install new?? Then that's it? I understand I might get some error codes, and have to clear them with the reset key. I take it the SP1271 makes the dip switches obsolete so then I will have to go threw and set all parameters to make the machine do what I what like the Double Black tie?
 As well somehow the bill acceptor stopped working on the 5 Times machine. I didn't really change anything or remove any chips. I tried changing the 5-0 settings and such.. I will have to look at it again.. Wont bother till I get some more chips.

Thanks Guys.. I'm getting there. .

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2010, 02:55:28 PM »

You would need a Montana chip to allow you to drop as many coins onto the credits as you wish.
The SP1137 chip allows this to happen...
Red7

I love my slots.....

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2010, 02:58:21 PM »

As well regarding buying these blank chips. It comes up with like 5 to choose from?? Does it matter which ones?

Thanks
Red7

I love my slots.....

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2010, 03:17:49 PM »

Does anyone have a PAR on the CHIP?

SP1137

Thanks and if you have any for sale.. please let me know..

Thanks

Steve
StatFreak

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2010, 05:40:49 PM »

You would need a Montana chip to allow you to drop as many coins onto the credits as you wish.
The SP1137 chip allows this to happen...

Agreed. Just to let you know, it does use the DIP switches. arrow  You'll be turning on both DIP SWs 1 & 2 so that you can program the hopper limit in the software.

The 1137 allows separate hopper and credit limits, so you'll still be able to run without a hopper. It also supports tokenization.

Tokenizing gives you multiple credits for each coin. This can change how cashouts are handled, but since you'll be setting your hopper limit to 0, I'm pretty sure that you could tokenize and still have everything work the way you want.

By the way, the sheet for the SP chips is called a PSR, not a PAR. 
PSR:  Program Summary Report
PAR: Paytable And Reel strip listing

You've Got Mail

Stat garfield

FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

PET

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2010, 05:47:41 PM »

Stat, I'm just learning. Now I know he difference between PAR & PSR.
Ford
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2010, 08:29:11 PM »

I bought these ones for my use>>>

http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=SST27SF512-70-3C-PGEvirtualkey51530000virtualkey804-27SF5127CPGE

I don't think they have any more and are suggesting a replacement which I know nothing about.
Red7

I love my slots.....

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2010, 12:00:31 AM »

Do you know where I can get the SP1137??? I talked to April and she has none. I would like to buy 5 from someone?? Anyone.. Please let me know.. As well where is the heck is the classified section on here? I cannot seem to find it..

Thanks Guys..

As well anyone have tokens for sale? Looking to by a 1000... or can you give a lead on where to get.. thanks for all your.

Looks like I'm stuck waiting on the new chips. I took a bunch of pics of all my project machines.. I will post the mods that I have done on Monday..

Does anyone have a easy to read diagram for the coin-less mech? I seen it  on here at one time.. Or is there someone that sells them as well?? That's it for my million of questions. 
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2010, 08:07:49 AM »

Red7,

You can find the classified section here.  Just start a new topic there!

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?board=5.0

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy
nlg ADMIN

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.