Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 03:27:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Welcome wagon and General Chat (Off-Topic Post Welcome) (Moderator: Ron (r273))
| | |-+  Flying into Vegas...heading to Laughlin
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Flying into Vegas...heading to Laughlin  (Read 20656 times)
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2010, 11:00:40 PM »

Only out in the avenues, Buzz. The downtown area, the Mission, south of Market, and most of the areas East of Twin Peaks get plenty of sun for a coastal city.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 440

« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2010, 01:50:45 AM »

The absolute best view of San Francisco is in your rear view mirror as your leaving !!!!!!!!!!! Alaska has nothing on San Francisco for being cold and WET  applause applause applause applause

Only out in the avenues, Buzz. The downtown area, the Mission, south of Market, and most of the areas East of Twin Peaks get plenty of sun for a coastal city.

Agreed. Plenty of sunshine where I used to live on Bernal Heights. yes

The Avenues get the fog off the Pacific, and the opposite side of Bernal Heights got any that was coming in from the bay (I was on the west side of the hill).

Thanks,
Bill
StatFreak

« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2010, 04:36:07 AM »

The Avenues get the fog off the Pacific, and the opposite side of Bernal Heights got any that was coming in from the bay (I was on the west side of the hill).

When did you live there? Scratch Head  Were you there in 1984-85? I had several musician friends from Bernal Heights and our band played at the street fair both of those years.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2010, 05:17:50 AM »

When did you live there? Scratch Head  Were you there in 1984-85? I had several musician friends from Bernal Heights and our band played at the street fair both of those years.

The Folsom Street Fair?  stir the pot / get cooking stir the pot / get cooking

Aw heck no! I lived there in the 60s.  Dancing Party Dancing Party Dancing Party

Kinda explains a lot, doesn't it?    Weird Eyes Weird Eyes  Crazy rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

Thanks,
Bill
StatFreak

« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2010, 05:27:26 AM »

When did you live there? Scratch Head  Were you there in 1984-85? I had several musician friends from Bernal Heights and our band played at the street fair both of those years.

The Folsom Street Fair?  stir the pot / get cooking stir the pot / get cooking

Aw heck no! I lived there in the 60s.  Dancing Party Dancing Party Dancing Party

Kinda explains a lot, doesn't it?    Weird Eyes Weird Eyes  Crazy rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao
... (I was on the west side of the hill).

Pardon me. I forgot that you were over the hill.  Crazy  frying pan frying pan  Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

<P.S.> Actually, the bands played on Cortland Ave.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 08:38:54 AM by StatFreak » Logged

brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2010, 06:11:48 AM »

We used to go play in Holly Park sometimes, back when it was safe for kids to walk around...

And the "hippie house" around the corner from our house was where all the neighborhood kids would go tie-dye t shirts, make pottery pieces and Gods Eyes, while the hippies that lived there tripped their balls off on acid and shrooms.

That city sure hasn't changed much. rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

Thanks,
Bill
StatFreak

« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2010, 09:12:12 AM »

You got me reminiscing and I looked up the Coronet theater on Google maps this evening, only to find out that it closed in 2005 and was demolished for a senior care facility.
 bawling bawling bawling hissy fit hissy fit

I saw Star Wars there exactly one week after it opened on Wednesday June 1, 1977 and will never forget the experience.

The theater was huge, right up until it closed in 2005: they never subdivided it. It held somewhere around 1300 people, and we waited in the short line for a couple of hours just to buy the tickets, and then camped out in the LONG line snaking around the gas station and up the block for several more hours waiting to actually get in. Nothing could compare with viewing Star Wars on that giant screen with sound coming from all over the theater, or the experience of hearing over 1000 people booing Darth Vader when he first appeared in the doorway of the rebel ship, or cheering the first time we all saw the hyperspace jump!!

It wasn't until much later that I found out how lucky we were, since it was one of only a small handful of theaters in the country to show the film in 70mm 6-track Dolby surround sound, and one of only seven theaters to do so for the May 25th opening (four in California, one in New Jersey, and two in New York.)

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.