Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 12:11:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  5 Reel 9 line trouble
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 5 Reel 9 line trouble  (Read 14240 times)
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2010, 08:04:43 PM »

One other little nugget...for giggles I swapped out my 8 meg DSV00051 sound SIMM with a 16 meg DSV00042 SIMM and the 42 SIMM does cause a longer boot time due to the additional amount of memory onboard.  Took the MM2 Lite board off too...no hang at all.  Might try taking your sound board off and booting to see if it makes a difference.

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2010, 08:06:55 PM »

Boy oh boy... that's a lot of problems coming on by moving a machine a few inches eh?
Did you have any problems with this machine before?

I'm still thinking something came loose if it was working before you moved it.
It's too bad you don't have a spare MPU on hand to shove in to rule
out the power supplies ( You've said you've swapped those too!)

Personally, I'd stick my known good board into the problem machine to see if the problem is the machine's.
However, if that blows - then you've got zip.
If you had spare kamikaze chips- I'd put those in the "bad" board and stick it in the known good machine.

I have a question though...
wouldn't changing the SB with something else wipe out everything like a clear chip?
Or would you just get a "Incompatible Eprom" message?
cruisepl
PGFD (Ret.)
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 33

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2010, 08:36:07 PM »

Boy oh boy... that's a lot of problems coming on by moving a machine a few inches eh?

Personally, I'd stick my known good board into the problem machine to see if the problem is the machine's.
If you had spare kamikaze chips- I'd put those in the "bad" board and stick it in the known good machine.

wouldn't changing the SB with something else wipe out everything like a clear chip?

I had no problems at all before I moved it, in fact I had already moved the Triple Lucky 7s and my Reel Touch.Triple Stars was the third machine that I needed to move this morning

I did take the power supply out of 7s and put it in Stars but that did not solve the problem, I also put the Stars MPU into 7s and got stuck on the testing memory message. Im at a loss right now without a 97 chip so Im gonna pack it up and take it with me on my trip.  Im not going to gamble and put the good MPU into the bad machine. Im pretty sure there are problems with both the power supply and the MPU.

The real kicker is that I only slid this machine a few inches on the formica countertop so I could clean up around it. Last night I was changing the counter top that sits on top of my slot stands, I had the Triple Lucky 7s machine set too far forward and it fell off the stand, the top of the machine bounced off the bar and then the machine landed upright on the floor. After I put it back on the stand it worked fine. Not so much as a scratch on the machine, no broken or cracked glass, nothing wrong at all. The bar on the other hand has a couple nice dents in the top.

I would have thought for sure there would have been problems with that machine instead of one that I moved less than a foot.

Someone has to be stupid enough to run into a burning building when everyone else is running out !!
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2010, 08:56:59 PM »

I had no problems at all before I moved it, in fact I had already moved the Triple Lucky 7s and my Reel Touch.Triple Stars was the third machine that I needed to move this morning

I did take the power supply out of 7s and put it in Stars but that did not solve the problem, I also put the Stars MPU into 7s and got stuck on the testing memory message. Im at a loss right now without a 97 chip so Im gonna pack it up and take it with me on my trip.  Im not going to gamble and put the good MPU into the bad machine. Im pretty sure there are problems with both the power supply and the MPU.

The real kicker is that I only slid this machine a few inches on the formica countertop so I could clean up around it. Last night I was changing the counter top that sits on top of my slot stands, I had the Triple Lucky 7s machine set too far forward and it fell off the stand, the top of the machine bounced off the bar and then the machine landed upright on the floor. After I put it back on the stand it worked fine. Not so much as a scratch on the machine, no broken or cracked glass, nothing wrong at all. The bar on the other hand has a couple nice dents in the top.

I would have thought for sure there would have been problems with that machine instead of one that I moved less than a foot.

I am going to go out on a limb here.... It sounds like the problem is the Stars MPU since the problem sounds like it is following the MPU.  "I also put the Stars MPU into 7s and got stuck on the testing memory message." Have you by chance checked the battery voltage on that MPU with a Digital Multi Meter???

Just a thought as the battery issues cause funny things to happen...

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2010, 09:20:21 PM »

I'll throw in my $0.02.  I suspect that the memory got corrupted somehow when the machine was powered off after experiencing the reel tilt, rather than being reset as it needed to be.

If the door is opened mid-spin (or if the machine thinks the door was opened mid-spin), it will cause a general reel tilt.  Any reels that were already stopped will remain stopped (like reel 1 in this case), where the remaining reels will slowly and continuously spin.  The way to reset this error is to open the main door, turn the jackpot reset key, and close the door.  My thought is the combination of the reel tilt and the power being cut somehow corrupted something in memory on the board.  I'd for sure try a 97 clear chip before dismissing the board as junk.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2010, 09:28:14 PM »

It took 27 post before Jay told us what the problem is.   He dumped UNLucky 7s on the floor and Super Star got Pissed off at him. Slot machines have feelings ( most of the time it's just greed )

Bunker I've found ( Thanks to Blueridge ) I use SG000363 game chips in everything. ( unless it's a special game ) same holds true with the version, I use VS011GX1 in every game. If he switched his two Base chips, it might work, and then again might have to do a clear. I think I would have already had all the chips off the board and checking the legs.

Kevin  I kind of think your 100% right. But then again I'm usually wrong 90% of the time.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
cruisepl
PGFD (Ret.)
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2010, 09:52:54 PM »

Captain, I have not checked the battery voltage. I have to work my 24 hour shift tomorrow then Im leaving Wednesday night for Ohio. I may have time to check it before I leave but it may be just as easy to bring the machine with me.

Im thinkin knagl may be onto something here to because I got the reel tilt while I was moving the machine by pushing on the right side of the machine possibly causing the door optics to become misaligned and the machine to think the door had come open during a spin. I must have pushed the max bet button when I started moving the machine and then moved the door enough to get the optics out of alignment. After the reel tilt the reels spun pretty quick though, not slow like tilts I have seen before.

When I get to Ohio I will have more time to look it over and I will have access to the 97 chip so I will try that first and then if I have to I will replace the power supply and the MPU. Those too should be readily available.

Too late to do anything else with it tonight, Ill keep an eye peeled here for any more suggestions to try before I leave town. As soon as I can I will post the findings and results.

Thanks again for all the input

Jay

Someone has to be stupid enough to run into a burning building when everyone else is running out !!
cruisepl
PGFD (Ret.)
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2010, 01:36:00 PM »

UPDATE:

Im am back from my trip and thanks to dirtbuster01 my machine was fixed and running perfectly in about 5 minutes.  To refresh everyones memory I was moving a machine the other day and hit the max bet button. I continued to move the machine while the reels spun but shifted the door optics enough to cause the machine to think the door opened mid spin.  Without a 97 chip and with credits on the machine I could not clear the reel tilt or do a ram clear etc.

The solution was to take the ram chip located at U18 and put it in U45 and put the ram chip from U45 in U18. This evidently will clear the RAM and clear any tilts you may have. After the switch the machine booted up perfectly and even kept all my denominations. The only thing I lost were the credits that were on the machine to start with.

Only took a few minutes and seemed easier than using the clear 97 chip. By the way I took everyones advice and did pick up a clear 97 to have around for the next time I do something stupid.

Again thanks for eveyones input and help.  Hope this helps someone in the future.   K+ to dirtbuster01

Jay

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2010, 02:45:45 PM »

Jay  I'm really happy you got it fixed. And just think something good came out of the ordeal, I didn't know about switching U 45 and U 18 "THANK YOU"   Hail Hail Hail

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2010, 08:40:19 PM »

Switching U45 and U18 clears the machine? Cool!  Cool Thumbs-Up
One would think it would screw up the chips!
cruisepl
PGFD (Ret.)
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2010, 11:26:20 PM »

I would have never thought of it either but it worked. It just cleared the tilts and like I said lost the credits that were on the machine but no big deal there. The machine remembered all of my other settings like the touchscreen button configuration/denominations, sound options, left the bill validator enabled, have not tried the printer yet but it probably left that enabled too.

Glad something good came out of my error and everyone could learn something.

StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2010, 11:43:40 PM »

I would have never thought of it either but it worked. It just cleared the tilts and like I said lost the credits that were on the machine but no big deal there. The machine remembered all of my other settings like the touchscreen button configuration/denominations, sound options, left the bill validator enabled, have not tried the printer yet but it probably left that enabled too.

Glad something good came out of my error and everyone could learn something.

K+ Jay.  applause applause It sounds like this little trick might make life a little easier for S2000 owners.  propeller

Stat garfield

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Yoeddy1
The OCD kit hoarder
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2010, 11:51:35 PM »

Wow interesting!  I wonder if that is a documented known trick with IGT?

Yoeddy's IGT Slot Machine Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoeddy1
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2010, 11:54:56 PM »

Wow interesting!  I wonder if that is a documented known trick with IGT?

Hell no! We know more than IGT technicians!  Tongue Out
AND...we didn't have to go to school for it!   Crazy
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2010, 01:27:52 AM »

Wow interesting!  I wonder if that is a documented known trick with IGT?

Hell no! We know more than IGT technicians!  Tongue Out
AND...we didn't have to go to school for it!   Crazy

NLGU. Goooooo Slots!!!  The Wave   "...and in the news tonight, the NLG Slots hit three runs on the line tonight, putting the Phillies on tilt and clinching their slot in their first World Series since 2002."  (Here's hoping that I don't have to amend this in the next few minutes -- the game is almost over...  Hail yes)

Ahh, yes, Good ol' En-Ell-Goo! Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

Stat garfield
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 01:36:16 AM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.