Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:22:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  BALLY Game Maker. (Moderator: tacman)
| | |-+  Bally Game Maker V7000
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally Game Maker V7000  (Read 5447 times)
Reneelv16
« on: October 28, 2010, 12:44:05 AM »

Hello.  I am new here and I hope someone can help me.  First I just got the Game Maker (refurbished) from a carnival where it was part of a silent auction that I won.  I thought it was a perfect addition to my bonus room and it is.  The thing is that I was given a copy of the manual but a bad copy and much is unreadable.  So please excuse my ignorance as I am totally new at this but here are my questions:

1.  When I hit the button for the change light, nothing happens and we cannot seem to find out where to plug in the connector - in the unit there is a white connector with what has 3 slots to plug in.  I am not sure if they disconnected it for good or what or where the other part to plug it into is.  Any ideas?  Could they have taken it out totally so it does not work?  The  bottom part of the light works so I cannot figure out if the light has 2 separate connections to get the top part to work. 

2.  How can I change it so that it becomes a free play?

3.  When it boots up there is a screen that pops up where we can go into accounting or diagnostics and other areas, but when I hit the button to move right it does nothing.  How can I get into diagnostics? 

Again, please excuse my ignorance but I am totally new at this.

TIA for anyone's help!!
Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 01:07:56 AM »

NLG Welcome

Sorry I don't have any answers to your questions but I hope someone can help you in the near future.
I did how ever run across this in my library, which is a list of questions and anwsers that may be of help
to you with furture problems.

Ron (r273)

* Bally V7200 Questions.doc (28.5 KB - downloaded 741 times.)
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 01:40:22 AM »

Topic moved to Bally Gamemaker board

StatFreak garfield
nlg  Global Moderator

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 02:18:36 AM »

Hello.  I am new here and I hope someone can help me.  First I just got the Game Maker (refurbished) from a carnival where it was part of a silent auction that I won.  I thought it was a perfect addition to my bonus room and it is.  The thing is that I was given a copy of the manual but a bad copy and much is unreadable.  So please excuse my ignorance as I am totally new at this but here are my questions:

1.  When I hit the button for the change light, nothing happens and we cannot seem to find out where to plug in the connector - in the unit there is a white connector with what has 3 slots to plug in.  I am not sure if they disconnected it for good or what or where the other part to plug it into is.  Any ideas?  Could they have taken it out totally so it does not work?  The  bottom part of the light works so I cannot figure out if the light has 2 separate connections to get the top part to work.  

You say that nothing happens. Does your change button light up (flash) when you press it? The machine should beep and the button should flash in sync with the top light in the candle. The bill validator (DBV) bezel light should also flash when the change button is active.

If you are referring to the connector to the candle, there should be only one. It should be a four-pin square Molex connector that is using three of the four pins. If it's plugged in properly (you say that the bottom light works), then I would start by checking the top bulb.

2.  How can I change it so that it becomes a free play?

For the most part, you cannot set these to free play. However, there are some sets of Mains that require SAS, and by not setting up an SAS ID after a full clear, you can put the machine in demo mode. You would have to have the right set of Mains and a clear chip to do this.

I don't recommend it, though. I've found glitches in the software with several games when in demo mode that didn't occur once the machine was properly set up. You would be better off buying some tokens and setting the machine up normally.

If you're still intent on trying demo mode, we would need to know what Mains you have installed. They are the two chips on the MPU board labeled M0 and M1. If you can tell us what's written on the stickers on those chips (or post some pictures), we can figure out what you've got.

3.  When it boots up there is a screen that pops up where we can go into accounting or diagnostics and other areas, but when I hit the button to move right it does nothing.  How can I get into diagnostics?  

Again, please excuse my ignorance but I am totally new at this.

TIA for anyone's help!!

To get into the full options menu, open the door and turn the jackpot reset key once the game has booted and is in idle mode. If you turn the key with the door closed, you will only get to the accounting menus. However, you should not see that screen when you first turn the machine on. That suggests to me that the machine may not be properly set up, which might also explain why your change light doesn't work.

However, I might be mistaken because I have a V7000 and not a V7200. Hopefully someone with a 7200 will post corrections if I'm wrong about any of these details.

Do you get the main game selection menu? Does it currently take coins and bills and does it play? Does your touch screen work?

Please Post Pictures

<ADD> It also occurred to me that your DIP switch settings might need checking.  stir the pot / get cooking
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 02:26:20 AM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.