Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:12:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  BALLY Game Maker. (Moderator: tacman)
| | |-+  Jurisdiction Settings and the $3000 Limit
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jurisdiction Settings and the $3000 Limit  (Read 5878 times)
AsUWish
« on: October 29, 2010, 07:41:08 PM »

Getting Past the $3000 Limit with Jurisdiction Settings

I wanted to get past the $3000.00 limit on my Bally GameMaker.  I figured out how to do it.  It took a lot of testing, but I finally figured it out.  It involves the Jurisdiction setting.  I tried several, but finally found that the #8 setting (designed for Puerto Rico) works perfectly, without any limits.  Thought I'd post my finding here in case anyone else was interested.

If you want to do it, simply do a RAM SET Clear and then change the jurisdiction to #8.  Then set up the other settings as usual.  Here's a list of my settings in case you're interested. 

RAM Image Checksum Correct
EEPROM Chip Correct

Current Jurisdiction:  8
Primary Host:  None
Secondary Host:  None
SAS Version:  None
Chassis Type:  Upright
Coin Acceptor:  Coin Acceptor & COD Board
Bill Acceptor:  JCM WBA
Printer Type:  None
Hopper Type:  Coin
Door Type:  Pulsed Optic
Double Down:  On
Tournament:  Off
EFT:  Disabled
Residual Credit Mode:  Gamble or Atten. Pay
Win Evaluation Performance:  Legacy
Cabinet Configuration:  Video

I have 2 different boards:

Board 1 Mains:  21.04.24
Board 2 Mains:  72.04.24

I also set mine to a "tokenized" game (set at $1000).  Mine's a quarter machine, so it thinks a quarter is $1000.  I also set it to the following multi-denominations (but this would need to vary based on the games you might have installed):  $10, $20, $25, $50, and $100.

If you do this, you will likely need to adjust your hopper limits as well.  Here's what I have set:

Win Lockup:  $10,000,000.00
   Coin Hopper Lockup:  $40,000.00*
   Credit Meter High:  $20,000,000.00

*$40,000.00 would yield 40 "tokens" (quarters).

And finally,  I changed the Bill Validator Channel Setting to 5 (to increase what it thinks each bill is -- it thinks a $100 bill is $100,000!).  Life is good.  I'll post a separate document explaining the Bill Validator settings that I played with.

And just to have it in one place, here's what I read are the descriptions for the Jurisdiction settings:

Locked      VLC
1      International 60 Hz
2      (Locked) New Jersey
3      (Locked) GLI
4      International 50 Hz
5      Default
6      Uruguay
7      South Africa
8      Puerto Rico
9      Delaware
10      New Mexico
11      OLGC
12      Swiss B No Bet Limit
13      Swiss A Bet Limit
14      USAF 2000 Win Limit
15      USAF No Win Limit

I tested them all.  Some had some really weird results.  For example, 7 (South Africa) solved the $3000 limit, but everything played very SLOWLY.  8 (Puerto Rico) was the only one that worked perfectly and also eliminated the $3000 limit.

Hope you find this helpful and enjoy!!!
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 07:55:53 PM »

Thanks for sharing your findings in such great detail! K+ +1 (Karma, or whatever)

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy
 nlg ADMIN

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 11:57:10 PM »

+1 (Karma, or whatever) AsUWish. applause  That's great information.

...I changed the Bill Validator Channel Setting to 5 (to increase what it thinks each bill is -- it thinks a $100 bill is $100,000!).  Life is good.  ...

How do you set this? Is the channel setting a setup option that appears when you select jurisdiction 8?

I tokenized my 24 mains similarly to the way that you did, only one decimal place to the left ($100/coin), with denominations of $1, $5, $25, $100, $500. That way, I can also pretend that the decimal is two more places to the left when I feel like playing low stakes (1¢, 5¢, 25¢, $1, $5). I set my hopper limit to $10,000 (100 coins) and turned off the credit limit and lockup limits.

Sometimes I turn the lockup on when I feel like seeing a jackpot, but I usually prefer to keep the credits. One of these days I'll install a second key switch for the jackpot to credit option.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
AsUWish
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 08:16:03 PM »

The Bill Validator Channel settings are independent of the jurisdiction setting.  After you do the RAM SET Clear, then boot up the machine, the Bill Validator Channel settings will come up during the process.  I don't think you can change it without doing a RAM SET Clear, but I'm not sure on that one.  Hope this helps!

Smiley

memusa
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 10

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 06:31:41 PM »

By the way, did you tried to double up in the jurisdictions you placed for more then four times? Or the machine behaves the same in the 15 available jurisdictions? thanks for your time.....
StatFreak

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 07:06:14 PM »

The Bill Validator Channel settings are independent of the jurisdiction setting.  After you do the RAM SET Clear, then boot up the machine, the Bill Validator Channel settings will come up during the process.  I don't think you can change it without doing a RAM SET Clear, but I'm not sure on that one.  Hope this helps!

Smiley

It must be related to the WBA then. I have a DBV200 and have never seen that option.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
AsUWish
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2010, 07:22:51 PM »

Memusa,

I'm not sure I totally understand the question, but I do have the duoble down feature active, but only for the 4 times.  It works fine, but never tried more than 4 times.  Hope it helps!

StatFreak

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2010, 03:47:00 AM »

Memusa,

I'm not sure I totally understand the question, but I do have the duoble down feature active, but only for the 4 times.  It works fine, but never tried more than 4 times.  Hope it helps!

Like the DBV limit, the double down feature seems to be fixed at four doubles in the regular jurisdiction. He was wondering if any of the other jurisdictions allowed the operator to set the machine to a higher number of double offers.

Stat garfield

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.