Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:07:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  IGT S+ Jackpot reset.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT S+ Jackpot reset.  (Read 25177 times)
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 192

Insert Coin

« on: November 10, 2010, 08:37:18 PM »

I just hit a triple "double diamond" on my IGT S + slot (see post in Craigslist finds) and now have 1600 credit in the machine and I'd like to reset it. I have no key (it's on order from fox slots) but in the meantime, can I just unplug the wires from the back of the switch and touch them together? This would seem logical but you never know! Any help would be appreciated.
~ Mark
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 08:44:23 PM by shortrackskater » Logged
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 10:20:03 PM »

Is the machine locked up and going, "dink, dink, dink, dink, dink, dink, dink, dink" with both segments of the candle flashing?

If so, yes, you can touch the wires on the switch together, but you must do so with the door closed (in other words, you'd have to remove the keyswitch and route the wires out through the side of the cabinet).

If the machine is NOT locked up, you cannot simply clear credits off by turning the key (or simulating it).

Please make sure to take a picture of your "win" and post it in the "Best Slot Hits At Home" thread!

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 10:34:53 PM »

Is the machine locked up and going, "dink, dink, dink, dink, dink, dink, dink, dink" with both segments of the candle flashing?

If so, yes, you can touch the wires on the switch together, but you must do so with the door closed (in other words, you'd have to remove the keyswitch and route the wires out through the side of the cabinet).

If the machine is NOT locked up, you cannot simply clear credits off by turning the key (or simulating it).

Please make sure to take a picture of your "win" and post it in the "Best Slot Hits At Home" thread!
Agree with Post   I couldn't have said it better myself.  Tongue Out But you beat me to it.  hissy fit rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 03:34:08 AM »

No ding ding ding! It just hit the three double diamond (almost said "double D's!) symbols on the top payout line (it's a three line machine) and it simply dinged (dung?) 1600 credits into the meter. And, stupid me, I didn't take a picture...forgot there was a "best slots hit at home" here! I'm still sort of new. I just ordered a reset key - didn't realize they were standard. I was quite surprised to hit that but I want the credits to go away. So, the machine is NOT locked up, I assume I can just unplug the wires and touch them together with the door open? Thank you again!
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 03:45:18 AM »

You hit the Jackpot!
You forgot the unwritten cardinal rule here!  frying pan  rotflmao
Anyone who hits the Jackpot is DONE with their machine and
as it is now rendered useless to you!!! bust gut laughing

(just kidding...don't believe a word I say....lol)
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 03:50:27 AM »

Until you get the reset key
Remove the reset switch and place the wires through the hole
With the door closed touch them together.
If you do with door open it will go into accounting/statistics mode.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 03:52:11 AM »

Then bubble wrap up the machine and mail it out to me in the morning and you'll be fine.... bust gut laughing
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 03:55:49 AM »

So, the machine is NOT locked up, I assume I can just unplug the wires and touch them together with the door open? Thank you again!

You know what they say about assuming.   Tongue Out

I think Foster mis-read what you said about the current state of your machine.  As I said in reply #2, since your machine is not locked up, you can NOT just turn the JP reset key (or simulate it) to remove those credits -- they must be played off or cashed out.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2010, 04:04:08 AM »

I think Foster mis-read what you said about the current state of your machine.  As I said in reply #2, since your machine is not locked up, you can NOT just turn the JP reset key (or simulate it) to remove those credits -- they must be played off or cashed out.

It's been a while since I messed with any of that, but if you cash out, and the coin payout limit is lets's say 300 OR the hopper is empty, won't the machine then lock up and the key trick will work?
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2010, 04:12:39 AM »

Depending on the SP chip in there and how the limits are programmed, yes, that is a possible scenario -- the first part of your statement, that is.  As to the second part, the machine will not let you key off the credits if the hopper runs out.

It isn't possible to change the limits while there are credits on the machine, though, so if it has a SP chip that would support that, it would have to already be set that way to do him any good.

poppo

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2010, 04:21:50 AM »

Well, then the fastest way may be to just keep cashing out and refilling the hopper if need be. But doesn't that still require a key turn once the door is closed to clear the empty hopper error?
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2010, 04:45:14 AM »

The machine will try to run the hopper to finish the cash out each time the door is closed until all credits are paid out from the hopper.
There is no need to turn the JP key.

StatFreak

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2010, 04:58:41 AM »

Well, then the fastest way may be to just keep cashing out and refilling the hopper if need be. But doesn't that still require a key turn once the door is closed to clear the empty hopper error?

No it doesn't.   <ADD> I just read Foster's reply. We were typing at the same time. Tongue Out  If you have the coins to pay them out, that will work fine.

Another option would be to pull the CMOS chip and ground it out. That would remove the credits. However, it would also reset the settings and might also disable the DBV (that's a crap shoot) If the DBV ends up disabled, he would need a SET chip to turn it back on.

I think at this point that it might be a good idea for us to know what SP chip he has installed and what the settings are BEFORE he pushes the cash out button. That way we will know what to expect and how to handle it.

shortrackskater,

Open the door and press the white test button next to (or on the back of) the power switch. Keep pressing it until you see a 4 in the coins in window. You should then see two numbers alternating in the winner paid and credit windows. Write them down and let us know what they are.

Stat garfield

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2010, 05:25:46 AM »

I'm scared now! :[
Thanks though for the barrage of very good information. Again, I am NOT a slot tech by any means (but I have some electronics experience and can troubleshoot) and I'm afraid to pull out any chips and deal with having to reset "stuff." I'm not sure what an SP chip is but I understand that it sets the hopper pay out limits. I'm okay with just playing the credits through OR adding quarters to the hopper. I'm assuming since the credit meter is at 1600 that it would indeed pay out that amount, right? But, if the hopper limit was set at, say 100, wouldn't the rest be "hand payed" by an attendant and then, wouldn't that attendant key the reset switch to clear out the remainder...IF the hopper was empty? Just curious now.
IF I push that little reset button for the number 4, and the following numbers, what will happen to the machine? Will it go back into play mode after that or do I have to reset something?
Even though I'm a bit overwhelmed, thanks for all the input so far.
poppo

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2010, 05:42:10 AM »

I'm assuming since the credit meter is at 1600 that it would indeed pay out that amount, right?

Yes. up to the limit of the hopper payout or until the hopper is empty. You can keep refilling the hopper until the hopper payout limit is reached. Then the machine will go into attendant payout where you would need to use the key (or rig it with the wires through the hole). IMO, that might be the easiest route. It is possible the hopper limit is set to payout all credits. If that is the case, then just keep refilling the hopper. Hopefully you have at least a hundred coins or so.

Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2010, 05:43:28 AM »

SP which means Stepper Program or game chip which is basically the Operating System of your machine.

Depending on which SP version you have and if the limits for Hopper, Win, BV, Credits are configured the machine may or may not lock up when you cash it out.

StatFreak

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2010, 06:50:20 AM »

I'm scared now! :[
Thanks though for the barrage of very good information. Again, I am NOT a slot tech by any means (but I have some electronics experience and can troubleshoot) and I'm afraid to pull out any chips and deal with having to reset "stuff." I'm not sure what an SP chip is but I understand that it sets the hopper pay out limits. I'm okay with just playing the credits through OR adding quarters to the hopper. I'm assuming since the credit meter is at 1600 that it would indeed pay out that amount, right? But, if the hopper limit was set at, say 100, wouldn't the rest be "hand payed" by an attendant and then, wouldn't that attendant key the reset switch to clear out the remainder...IF the hopper was empty? Just curious now.
IF I push that little reset button for the number 4, and the following numbers, what will happen to the machine? Will it go back into play mode after that or do I have to reset something?
Even though I'm a bit overwhelmed, thanks for all the input so far.

This stuff is really not as scary as all that. The white button takes you into the settings menus. Nothing will happen if you do what I ask. The flashing numbers displayed will be the SP and SS numbers of your chips. When you close the door the machine will exit the test/setup menu and return to normal operation.

As Foster said, the SP chip is basically the software that drives the slot. It determines what settings are available and how they are accessed. It contains the program that controls all of the operations of the machine. The SS chip is the reel chip that has the strip information and paytable information for the particular game installed.

You should read the articles in Rick's FAQ. Click on the blue button under the banner ads. There is a lot of useful information about the S+ in there. yes  But get the numbers from your test/setup menu first. bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2010, 12:57:36 PM »

This stuff is really not as scary as all that....
You should read the articles in Rick's FAQ. Click on the blue button under the banner ads.
There is a lot of useful information about the S+ in there. yes  
But get the numbers from your test/setup menu first. bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

Oh! Sure Stat...lead him out of the frying pan and back into the fire!   frying pan rotflmao
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2010, 03:43:01 PM »

Okay I've read the FAQ's and that was very helpful, especially on the game programming. Soon as I get home, "I'm going in" and I'll check for those codes and report back. Thank you. Oh...quick question: Should I plug my machine into a surge protector (I have a cheap one right now I can use) instead of directly into the outlet?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2010, 03:48:22 PM »

Yes, any surge protection will help really.
Treat your machine as a computer... yes
Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2010, 05:14:20 PM »

Can somebody post or send shortrackskater a copy of my S+ Option List? I am in Ohio visiting and don't
have a copy on my laptop. hissy fit  I really think it might ease his frustation. rotflmao

Ron (r273)
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2010, 05:28:54 PM »

His email is shown as "Hidden"...
so I posted it here... Tongue Out >>>

* IGTS+_PSRs_&_TEST_OPTION_SHEETS_SIMPLIFIED_V3.pdf (184.73 KB - downloaded 627 times.)
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2010, 06:28:00 PM »

Thanks stayouttadabunker and Ron! I've "unhidden" my e mail. For some reason, I'm not good at navigating this forum...sorry! Got the S + option list and will read as soon as I feed myself lunch! Then I'll get the codes as well.
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2010, 06:30:38 PM »

I'm assuming since the credit meter is at 1600 that it would indeed pay out that amount, right?

Yes. up to the limit of the hopper payout or until the hopper is empty. You can keep refilling the hopper until the hopper payout limit is reached. Then the machine will go into attendant payout where you would need to use the key (or rig it with the wires through the hole).

Just to be sure that there's no misinformation here, the machine will never do a partial hopper pay and then change into a lockup condition -- when you press "cash out" (or "cash/credit", depending on the button insert) it will either pay out all 1600 coins (or try to, and if the hopper is empty, it will require refilling and it will automatically resume when the door is closed), or it will immediately lock up and go to a hand-pay mode with a turn of the JP reset key required.  It will never do part of one and part of the other.

shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2010, 08:03:14 PM »

Okay, for statfreak, I did it!
Here's the numbers: under WINNER PAID: 3743 and under CREDIT: 0731
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.