Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 01:35:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Turn your Double Diamond Game into a Haywire!!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Turn your Double Diamond Game into a Haywire!!!  (Read 17373 times)
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« on: September 16, 2008, 08:36:30 AM »

ORIGINALLY STARTED BY:  Rickhunter
Original Post Date:  April 09, 2006, 09:44:56 PM

Thanks to the observations of Captainhappy, there's another inter S-Plus crossover.  You can use a Double Jackpot Haywire chip on your Double Diamond Game and get haywire action.  Just use the same reel strips, glass, and a Double Jackpot Haywire chip of your choice and happy haywirin'.

Just make sure your Double Diamond game has the strips that are all alike, because there are certain Double Diamond Games that use 3 different strips.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
StatFreak

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 08:44:30 AM »

Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 04:46:15 PM
Brian

Very cool idea... Would it have all the haywire sounds?  Do you happen to know what the Double Jackpot Haywire SS numbers are?

- Brian

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
StatFreak

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 08:45:33 AM »

Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 04:51:38 PM
Cactusjack

Use the IGT PE-PLUS and S-PLUS On Line Game Bible Hyper link above and navigate through the different coin types and Game Titles.  You will find all your answers there.

It is next to the ON LINE FAQs above.

CJ

StatFreak

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 08:46:05 AM »

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 04:54:22 PM »
brian

Thanx!!!

StatFreak

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 08:46:46 AM »

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2006, 04:58:07 PM »
idesign

Yes, the sounds would be the same.  For 3 coin chips get SS4263 to SS4268, 2 coin are SS4269 to SS4273.  Like CJ says you can look them up on the NLG Online Bible.

StatFreak

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 08:47:23 AM »

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2006, 05:13:22 PM »
Cactusjack

Opps.  Sorry, I didn't address the sound question.  Thanks idesign.

Now, I guess there is another game kit I need to purchase!!!

CJ

StatFreak

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 08:48:58 AM »

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 02:46:06 AM »
CaptainHappy

OK Happy Campers!

Well, I got some of the tax stuff out of the way, so I got to play!

First I have to say that it was lousy at first after I got it installed as it wiped out all of my machine settings, and I also lost progressive and Bill Validator as well. (I had been testing some bad boards, so it may have left some residual garbage in the motherboard??? If this is possible???)

I was using my haywire machine which already has a type 2 game chip, so all I did was replace the reel chip with a SS4263  97.417 (97.345) 12.307 (72)AAA 800/1600/2500 (8) 320/640/960 (24) 8.13. {This info is from the online game bible, and it is described really well on the SP and SS described link in the above "S-Plus Set up Instructions" online FAQ. (By the way:   applause applause applause applause applause Great job on all of the stuff guys, the newbies don't really know what a good resource this site is, and how much it has progressed since the early days some 6-7 months ago! Everyone keep participating and posting as that helps keep the energy and improvements coming, and makes this the best site around!!!)}

I was testing the machine to make sure that everything seemed to work ok, and then I was going to go in and redo all of the settings, enable the progressive functions, and also get the bill validator re-enabled. The out of nowhere and many pulls of nothing, a few good pays happened! Last thing I wanted as I did not want too many credits on the machine as I still needed to do the other settings! it was cool though, and the HYBRID GAME I came up with does work great with mysterious Haywire pays, and also the sounds and everything!   Grin Grin Grin applause applause applause hot hot hot hyper hyper hyper Joe Cool Joe Cool Joe Cool wave wave wave

I was maybe going to make a label for the award glass that said something like Watch for Mysterious Haywire Pays! Then all of the sudden a light bulb came on in my head... this is a "hybrid" game of sorts, so why not Mix the glass... I like the idea, and the result is attached:

CaptainHappy

* DSC07117.JPG (149.34 KB, 480x640 - viewed 485 times.)

StatFreak

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 08:51:35 AM »

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2006, 04:52:11 AM »
bronconut7

Great work!  The machine looks fantastic and very inviting!   yes  And you are right about this site.  I have enjoyed it very much and have always received great responses and advice.  Thank you New Life!!!   propeller

StatFreak

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 08:54:15 AM »

Reply #8 on: April 20, 2006, 11:18:58 PM »
pewetro

Hi!

I am new here and my knowledge about slots are not big. I have a little stupid question: What is a Haywire? What are the special effects?

Best regards
Peter

StatFreak

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 08:54:51 AM »

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2006, 11:39:47 PM »
CaptainHappy

Hi!

I am new here and my knowledge about slots are not big. I have a little stupid question: What is a Haywire? What are the special effects?

Best regards
Peter

The Haywire function is a fun and popular feature of a few games. It is a feature that seems to come up randomly after the machine has been played, but it is actually a function programmed into the chips to occur.

It starts to go "HAYWIRE" as if the machine is malfunctioning. The reels start to respin and repeat the pay that you got from one to many times! While it does this it plays some funky sounds. To the player it seems like a random malfuntion that is in their favor.

If you search on the board there is another thread that has someone explaning how it is described in the PAR sheets, if you can't find it let me know and I will find it.

When I first got my Haywire machine and I was testing it it HAYWIRED... I had never seen it before so I thought that it was a bad motherboard or something, and then I "took my head out of my  muted and realized what just happened!  arrow arrow arrow

What you see described above is a "hybrid" of a couple games. Double Diamond Haywire is an actual S-2000 game, but it never was a S+ game.  bawling bawling bawling The good news though is that I discovered that you can get the Haywire feature with a regular double diamond game by substituting a double jackpot reel chip.... It has been a fun find! I do think that the straight Haywire game had more excitement and hit more often though...... But I like to have something unique that few others have!!!  yes yes yes

Speaking of unique... If I can only get further on my 9 Line Triple Diamond project!!!! (If anyone has an affordable set of reel strips (or other glass and parts needed as I only have Slant Top Award glass right now) let me know, they are the same as the 3 and 5 line: Strip #'s 84896000, 84896100, 84896200. The last couple attempts at strips showed up and the were wrong!)

StatFreak

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 08:55:49 AM »

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2007, 04:31:32 PM »
brichter

OK Happy Campers!

Well, I got some of the tax stuff out of the way, so I got to play!

First I have to say that it was lousy at first after I got it installed as it wiped out all of my machine settings, and I also lost progressive and Bill Validator as well. (I had been testing some bad boards, so it may have left some residual garbage in the motherboard??? If this is possible???)

I was using my haywire machine which already has a type 2 game chip, so all I did was replace the reel chip with a SS4263  97.417 (97.345) 12.307 (72)AAA 800/1600/2500 (8) 320/640/960 (24) 8.13. {This info is from the online game bible, and it is described really well on the SP and SS described link in the above "S-Plus Set up Instructions" online FAQ. (By the way:   applause applause applause applause applause Great job on all of the stuff guys, the newbies don't really know what a good resource this site is, and how much it has progressed since the early days some 6-7 months ago! Everyone keep participating and posting as that helps keep the energy and improvements coming, and makes this the best site around!!!)}

I was testing the machine to make sure that everything seemed to work ok, and then I was going to go in and redo all of the settings, enable the progressive functions, and also get the bill validator re-enabled. The out of nowhere and many pulls of nothing, a few good pays happened! Last thing I wanted as I did not want too many credits on the machine as I still needed to do the other settings! it was cool though, and the HYBRID GAME I came up with does work great with mysterious Haywire pays, and also the sounds and everything!   Grin Grin Grin applause applause applause hot hot hot hyper hyper hyper Joe Cool Joe Cool Joe Cool wave wave wave

I was maybe going to make a label for the award glass that said something like Watch for Mysterious Haywire Pays! Then all of the sudden a light bulb came on in my head... this is a "hybrid" game of sorts, so why not Mix the glass... I like the idea, and the result is attached:

CaptainHappy

So, I've done the same thing, with a peculiar quirk: Sometimes I'll hit a double diamond, or 2 double diamonds with no pay? Have you seen this, and if so, any idea why? The physical reel strip listing is the same, so not sure what's causing this. I'm using an SS4264.

StatFreak

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 08:56:59 AM »

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2007, 04:51:18 PM »
StatFreak

So, I've done the same thing, with a peculiar quirk: Sometimes I'll hit a double diamond, or 2 double diamonds with no pay? Have you seen this, and if so, any idea why? The physical reel strip listing is the same, so not sure what's causing this. I'm using an SS4264.

I checked the PARs for both DJ Haywire and Double Diamond. Neither should pay for one or two Double symbols with blank(s). DJ/Ch/xx combos pay, but not DJ/~/~ combos or DJ/DJ/~ combos.

StatFreak

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2008, 08:58:46 AM »

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2007, 04:59:38 PM »
brichter

I checked the PARs for both DJ Haywire and Double Diamond. Neither should pay for one or two Double symbols with blank(s). DJ/Ch/xx combos pay, but not DJ/~/~ combos or DJ/DJ/~ combos.

/Kyle's Mom's voice from South Park/

What What Whaaat??!!?!

<edit>

Just checked the PAR, you're right! Me and the kid are too used to Triple Diamond!  rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2009, 10:18:31 PM »

do you need to change the SP chip as well? 
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 440

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2009, 12:07:53 AM »

Yup.

Haywire games are type 2, Double Diamond is type 0.

Thanks,
Bill
OhioGaming
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 297

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2009, 01:17:59 AM »

The reel strips need to be offset also.
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2009, 02:50:53 AM »

I beg to differ, I did not need to offset offset my reel strips.

Barry, I'm running an SP1274 and SS4270 for this.

Thanks,
Bill
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2009, 04:55:41 AM »

I am pretty sure that I did not have to do an reel strip offset either, but it was along time ago when I discovered this crossover! (Wow time flies!!!)

CaptainHappy  CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
OhioGaming
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 297

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2009, 11:50:31 AM »

It has been a long time since I have done this also and for some reason I thought it required a reel offset .. my apologies .. don't want to confuse anyone.

Here is a list of S2000 themes that can be used in the S+ .. http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=120.0

« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 12:07:18 PM by OhioGaming » Logged
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2009, 02:06:03 PM »

It has been a long time since I have done this also and for some reason I thought it required a reel offset .. my apologies .. don't want to confuse anyone.

Here is a list of S2000 themes that can be used in the S+ .. http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=120.0

From that list:

Double Diamond Haywire (2 or 3 coin game) = Double Jackpot Haywire (reel offset) <== credit to the Cap'n

Looks like there may be some confusion caused by that. It seems an offset is required going from S2000 DDH to S+ DJH.

Thanks,
Bill
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2009, 02:14:43 PM »

so if I understand everyone I can change my dd 3cm ss to SS4268 the sp to SP1274 and if my dd strips are all the same number (no offest needed) - I will be a HAPPY CAMPER?
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2009, 02:19:17 PM »

I don't know how happy a camper you'll be with an 85% chip, but it'll work... wave yes

Thanks,
Bill
gaugeguy
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2013, 12:26:23 AM »

Ok,  I am a little new to this but I have a S+ double diamond machine 3 quarter. The chips are SP 1271 and SS 3632. If I were to do the hybrid, it seems that I need both the real chip and the game chip? I'd like to add the haywire feature so i just want to verify what I need. It seems to be a SP1274 Game Chip and SS4263 Reel Chip.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 01:30:51 AM by gaugeguy » Logged
Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2013, 01:30:35 PM »

Ok,  I am a little new to this but I have a S+ double diamond machine 3 quarter. The chips are SP 1271 and SS 3632. If I were to do the hybrid, it seems that I need both the real chip and the game chip? I'd like to add the haywire feature so i just want to verify what I need. It seems to be a SP1274 Game Chip and SS4263 Reel Chip.

You will need a Type 2 game chip such as SP779.

Ron (r273)
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2013, 01:35:53 PM »

Holy Thread Revival Batman!   Batman
I thought everyone knew how to do this by now! rotflmao
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.