Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:03:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  Speaker Noise IGT S2000
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Speaker Noise IGT S2000  (Read 23376 times)
slotsx2
JR
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: -37

« on: March 03, 2011, 10:07:30 AM »

I am new to this site and could not find anything on this topic....

I bought an IGT S2000 slot machine several months ago. There is a constant hum through the speakers. When you spin the machine, the sound is very annoying. You hear loud popping sounds through the speakers. The only way to get rid of it is to disable the Reel Spin Sounds. I was told this popping sound is normal with the S2000??? Am I being told the truth? If not, what can cause this popping sound only with the reel spin sounds enabled?
I also sometimes hear a hissing sound, as if there is a short somewhere.

Thanks for your time

WGAS!
Brianzz
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 316

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 10:53:46 AM »

You missed this whole topic?

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=145.msg588#msg588

brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 440

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 03:06:16 PM »

Seems to me that's not the only thread he missed, we've probably had 10 so far.  Tongue Out

Slotsx2,  NLG Welcome

We have a search button right under your name and avatar at the top of every page, it's very useful and will help you quickly find the solution to all of your problems and World Peace (or World Domination, if you're so inclined!).  Crazy Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

Thanks,
Bill
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 03:16:43 PM »

Fixed problem on mine by putting 504 B board in.
http://rudysdeals.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1251
slotsx2
JR
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 05:27:10 PM »

I didn't miss all the posts on this topic. The main ones deal with adding resistors or pots, both of which I have tried before with no success.

WGAS!
slotsx2
JR
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 05:33:15 PM »

My slot machine works and sounds GREAT with the reel sounds disabled, which could indicate a sound card problem, reel problems or any numerous other things. I can build a computer with my eyes closed, however, I have had slot machines for one month or so. I am not in a hurry to screw them up by changing boards I'm not in ANY WAY familiar with..... I just thought someone might know a quick fix I didn't yet try that would work without me needing to rebuild my slot machine....

WGAS!
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 06:14:57 PM »

It's a grounding problem that carries through the multimedia board. Even IGT couldn't fix it satifactorily without redesigning the board. Thus the 504B came to life. The only other fixes are the ones listed in previous posts or removing the multimedia board and using stock sounds
slotsx2
JR
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 06:59:27 PM »

How hard is it to replace the board? Any special tools needed, and or any programming of the other board requiring specialized tools of any kind?

Thank You

WGAS!
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2011, 07:40:56 PM »

Boards are simple to replace. You might need a KEY chip to adjust some programming after the board swap is all. There'll be a couple things the guys on here can walk you through as far as error codes your machine will have till it recognizes the new board, but that's it. If you're gonna own S2000 machines having a KEY chip is a very good idea anyway. Ask for one from whoever you get the new board from. Simply place an ad in the classified section here on the forum
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2011, 09:41:45 PM »

More than likely with the new board you'll have to clear a couple of tilts with the jackpot reset key, and that's it.  To change boards, power off the machine, slide out the old board, remove the chips from the old board and install them on the new one (note the "notch" in the top of the EPROM and keep it in the same direction for the new board), put the new board into the old metal tray, slide it back in.

Welcome to the site.  There is an S2000 section for S2000-specific discussion, rather than this general "reel slots" category.  I suspect a moderator will move this thread there soon.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
slotsx2
JR
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2011, 02:16:19 PM »

I ordered the board, a key chip and a clear chip. Hope I can get this sound problem sorted out. As I said, the sound is perfect with the reel spin sounds disabled....
Thanks

WGAS!
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2011, 02:48:20 PM »

I ordered the board, a key chip and a clear chip. Hope I can get this sound problem sorted out. As I said, the sound is perfect with the reel spin sounds disabled....
Thanks

Now you know where the problem is.... stir the pot / get cooking
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2011, 02:50:07 PM »

The key chip will come in handy. The clear chip is nice, but like bunker has said and most of the retailers will agree, unless you're changing the accounting denomination, there is almost, virtually, with very few precedants, ANY reason to use a clear chip. Once you get the new board, come see us here and we can walk you through the change.
slotsx2
JR
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2011, 08:58:16 PM »

Well, I was told by this thread I needed the key chip. The person I ordered from said I needed the clear chip..... Win one, lose seven I guess?
 Silly Me!

Thanks everyone, your help is MUCH appreciated!

WGAS!
slotsx2
JR
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2011, 08:30:54 PM »

I'm suppose to get the new board thursday ut I have some concerns. I found ANOTHER board on the same site.
The board I ordered is

Model 1952-2
$45.00
IGT S2000 Super Stepper Controller Board W/Tray
PN 75510501 REV B

The other board I found is

Model 1035
$64.00
PN 7551050

I tried to call and sent an e-mail to no avail..... 
http://www.rudysdeals.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1251

One last quick question if I may,
What do I need to change payout percentage on an IGT S+ 3 coin Double Spin Double Diamond?

Thanks

WGAS!
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2011, 08:43:41 PM »

Model 1952-2
$45.00
PN 75510501 REV B

IT SHOULD END IN 504B, NOT 501B
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2011, 08:44:20 PM »

Try sending the owner of RudysDeals.com an e-mail directly with your questions.  john --at-- rudysdeals.com

You really want to get the one you linked to -- the one where the part number ends in 504 rev. B.  The 504 B boards have the least amount of static and unwanted noise.  If I read your message right, you ordered a 501 B board, which I'm not sure even exists (I'm familiar with 502 and 504 boards, not 501).  (If such a beast exists, it would still have the unwanted noise that didn't get fixed until 504 B.)

As far as your S+ question, please consider starting a new thread in the S+ section for this different issue, but the short answer is that you'll need to buy a different SS chip.  You can see a list of the available chips for your game by visiting the IGT Game Bible -- click on "3CM" at the top for "3 Coin Multiplier" games.  Find Double Spin Double Diamond, and it will list all of the available SS chips and their associated percentages.  Consider posting a WTB ("Want to Buy") ad in the Classifieds section to find a vendor who can supply you with that chip.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
slotsx2
JR
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2011, 10:30:29 PM »

I apologize, that was a typo on my part. I DID order the one I linked to, so I'm good to go as far as I can see by the 2 responses.
Thank you for the e-mail suggestion. If I had gotten a reply using the web site e-mail link this post would not have had to be here.

Thanks again,
I am impressed by the many knowledgeable people on this board!

WGAS!
slotsx2
JR
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2011, 07:22:39 PM »

Got the new board today. Doesn't say revision B on it, but am hoping its right?
I assume I am suppose to replace all chips missing on new board with chips from my board?
Do I replace game chip with Key chip?

WGAS!
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2011, 07:51:12 PM »

Got the new board today. Doesn't say revision B on it, but am hoping its right?
I assume I am suppose to replace all chips missing on new board with chips from my board?
Do I replace game chip with Key chip?

It should say something on the board as to what revision it is.  Is there not an assembly number on it?

Yes, replace the missing chips with the chips from your old board.  Note the direction of the EPROM chips (they have notches on one end which match the notch in the socket) and make sure to install them in the same direction.  Triple check that all of the legs of the chips are inserted into the sockets (and not next to the sockets, or folded under the chip).

Don't worry about using your keychip -- you likely won't need it.  When you turn on the machine you'll likely get a loud alarm.  Use the jackpot reset keyswitch on the side of the machine to stop the alarm, and follow the directions on the dispay on the reel glass.

slotsx2
JR
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2011, 08:04:44 PM »

The assembly # is the same as the one on my board.

WGAS!
slotsx2
JR
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2011, 08:09:04 PM »

All i'm getting is a blinking red light just above the little white button. Turning the reset key does nothing.

WGAS!
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2011, 08:13:01 PM »

There are two long sockets that look almost like simm sockets running on either side of eprom locations U44 and U17. What clor are they?
slotsx2
JR
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2011, 08:21:31 PM »

WHITE

WGAS!
slotsx2
JR
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2011, 08:22:30 PM »

Sorry, black

WGAS!
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.