Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:20:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Need help initializing my S+ after a battery change
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need help initializing my S+ after a battery change  (Read 19812 times)
rns6006
« on: March 03, 2011, 07:34:21 PM »

/Users/robert/Desktop/SDC19444.JPG

Does anyone know where to get or down-load a manual for an IGT 5-times pay nickle machine. Battery went low
so I replaced it/ now I keep getting cmos ram error. followed instructions on sticker inside machine but wont clear.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 08:34:37 PM »

Robert-

We'll need to see that picture of your machine in order to help determine what kind of machine it is.  Instead of dragging and dropping it into your post (that won't work), click the blue "Reply" button under this post and then attach the photo from your computer using the field just under the large text area.  Click the "Browse..." button next to the "Attach:" box, and find the picture on your computer.  Then click the "Post" button and it will appear.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
rns6006
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 09:57:33 PM »

Hope this one will load.

* SDC19446.JPG (1605.26 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 282 times.)
rns6006
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 09:59:45 PM »

whew... finally got pic to load on the site.. If you need any more pics, I finally got the process down..
Tilt
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 366

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 10:22:01 PM »

That's a S+.  Follow these directions starting with "Initializing the new game" and you should be back in business.

http://www.newlifegames.net/spset/

rns6006
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 10:54:29 PM »

Still not working..... My cash door sensor recently broke, so I by-passed it. cant think of anything else that could have
messed the machine up. bill acceptor still works ok, ( or it did the last time the machine was working ). maybe one of
the chips has tanked or something. The game try's to reset but goes back to 61 error.
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 11:15:53 PM »

Still not working..... My cash door sensor recently broke, so I by-passed it. cant think of anything else that could have
messed the machine up. bill acceptor still works ok, ( or it did the last time the machine was working ). maybe one of
the chips has tanked or something. The game try's to reset but goes back to 61 error.

I would take another look at the cash door sensor bypass. That will cause this and it sounds like that is when the trouble started. Show some pictures of the bypass job you did.
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 11:16:43 PM »

Okay, excellent, you have a newer IGT S+ slot machine with an embedded bill validator.

Aah, okay, do you get a 61-1 and a "ding" after you hold the self test button down for a few seconds?  ...and then when you close the door and turn the jackpot reset key you get back to a 61 message?

If so, you're stuck in a 61 loop (which can happen after you replace a dead battery).  You'll need a RAM clear chip to resolve the issue.  Do you have one?

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
coorslight115
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 79

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2011, 11:23:09 PM »

Okay, excellent, you have a newer IGT S+ slot machine with an embedded bill validator.

Aah, okay, do you get a 61-1 and a "ding" after you hold the self test button down for a few seconds?  ...and then when you close the door and turn the jackpot reset key you get back to a 61 message?

If so, you're stuck in a 61 loop (which can happen after you replace a dead battery).  You'll need a RAM clear chip to resolve the issue.  Do you have one?
And a set chip to enable the bill validator
rns6006
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2011, 11:44:22 PM »

Of course I covered it with electrical tape so it does not short. Probably need the clear chip and dont have one.
I would be happy to buy one if somebody has one. ph#is (602 316-0447) need to know where to send money!

* SDC19447.JPG (1637.69 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 284 times.)

* SDC19448.JPG (1682.71 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 263 times.)
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2011, 12:17:04 AM »

Still not working..... My cash door sensor recently broke, so I by-passed it.

Please explain what you mean by "by-passed it"
What did you DO exactly when you started to play with those little wires?
It's scary the way you said this....lol
It's like open-heart surgery performed by an apartment plumber...lol

Did you know that if you sometimes hook the same colored wires together -
they will sometimes burn out the IC components on your MPU?
You may never, ever get the optics to ever work again using that MPU...never, ever again.

By the way, did you check for continuity on the micro-switch to see if it was operational?
rns6006
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2011, 12:58:09 AM »

The switch is workable but the wire plugs in the back of the sw are broken off. the plastic is crystalized and cracked so the metal plug broke off. This sw is not optical.
its a simple open closed circuit. The door sw is optical..
Tilt

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2011, 01:44:07 AM »

Check with Ohiogaming, he may have the Set/Clear chips you need for your machine.  Was your bv door switch working prior to replacing the battery?  Re-read kangls reply, is that what is happening with your machine?  Make sure to close the door before turning the keyswitch.

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2011, 02:07:52 AM »

What the guys suggested above will work.
I'm wondering if you have any other chips ?
Sometimes when you stick in a different chip it will force the MPU to reset it's RAM.
Then you can re-install the original chips and the game will enable you to close the
door and turn the reset key to get you past the stuck [61-1] loop.
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2011, 03:07:02 AM »

Topic split, renamed, and moved to the S+ board.

StatFreak garfield
nlg  Global Moderator

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
rns6006
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2011, 08:35:33 PM »

Slot was working fine before low battery. Even with door sw by-passed. problems started with battery.
verry nice game and I like playing it. Already have someone with a clear chip, just dont have a pay pal account
so cant get the chip yet. Working on it....
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2011, 08:37:54 PM »

Can you please verify (ie. let us know) that this is what is happening with your machine?

do you get a 61-1 and a "ding" after you hold the self test button down for a few seconds?  ...and then when you close the door and turn the jackpot reset key you get back to a 61 message?

If that is what's happening, a clear chip (or Bunker's suggestion) will be what you need.  If that's NOT what's happening, please give us more detail so we can help you.

rns6006
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2011, 09:06:12 PM »

Thanks a bunch for even wanting to help Me with this problem. I'll get back in a day or two and let everybody know whats going on.
 Like I said, I love My machines and will do all I can to keep them going. I'll take some pics so you can see all of them...Thanks for everything..
rns6006
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2011, 09:18:41 PM »

My first and second slots.

* SDC19449.JPG (1600.73 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 311 times.)

* SDC19450.JPG (1609.32 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 321 times.)
rns6006
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2011, 09:20:59 PM »

Third and fourth...

* SDC19446.JPG (1605.26 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 251 times.)

* SDC19452.JPG (1643.9 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 280 times.)
rns6006
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2011, 09:24:35 PM »

My newest slot machine. Really love this one... Has keno and video slots..!

* SDC19451.JPG (1617.43 KB, 2048x1536 - viewed 262 times.)
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2011, 09:37:54 PM »

Nice collection!  You've got the same bug a lot of us do -- lots of machines!  ...and a big variety, too!  A CDS (I love Easy Street!), a Sigma (I think?), the IGT S+, a pachislo, and an IGT Game King.  Very nice and diverse collection.

Keep us updated on your S+ Five Times Pay.  We're here and happy to help you get it back up and running.  yes

Tilt

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2011, 10:12:29 PM »

That is a nice variety of machines that you have already.  You know that GK will run 3902 I+ games too, you don't need the top row of buttons the real I-game+ has for home use.  Hit max bet and go (or use the touchscreen to select the lines)   stir the pot / get cooking stir the pot / get cooking
rns6006
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2011, 11:40:53 PM »

I dont know wich one is the 3902 but I've had the most problems with the Easy street due to the hard drive. It had a security cover on it but the
Machine locked up about a week ago in the middle of the bonus round and would not restart due to a error. I took the security cover off the
hard drive and it started right back up. Still dont know what happened but all good now.
Tilt

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2011, 12:00:21 AM »

Sorry about that.  Your IGT Game King most likely has a 3902 MPU board installed in it.  That will be the last 4 digits of the part number on it.  If so, it can run alot of IGT 5 reel video slots in addition to poker games.  You have to swap out the game software on the board though.  Save that for when you get more familiar with all your machines though.  yes
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.