Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 08:24:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Re: Help.......
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Re: Help.......  (Read 19862 times)
joek4411
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2011, 01:05:32 AM »

There are 2 doors at the front of the slot. Small door at the bottom with a switch, and a large door above that is released from inside like PW1. I did remove the door and reinstalled it , the latch above locked the door into place. There is no switch on this door. I will look at the door again.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2011, 01:30:57 AM »

There is no switch on this door.

Well yes and no, true there is no switch on the large lower door, but if that door is not installed of not installed completely the latch to the main door will not rotate CCW and part of the main latch ( by design ) will block the main door optics. Yours may be OK I don't know for sure.  A pic of the main door latch will tell the story one way or the other.

Do you recall turning a part of the main door latch so you could pull up on a rod to release the lower door ? When you reinstalled the lower door that rod has to go down or it will hold the main latch from turning.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
joek4411
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2011, 02:09:59 AM »

Yea I rotated the cam-1 to the right as per instructions whichakes the pin visible. Pulled up the pin opened to open the door and closed the door it clicked and locked into place and nothing
edski
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 123

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2011, 02:58:22 AM »

No photo cell at the top???

You must have a photo cell at the top, if not, that's the problem...

Actually, the one on the top lid is the emitter, and the one on the base is the receiver.
When the lid is closed, they have to line up to complete the signal.
If you are missing the emitter, that is why there is a "door open" error.

I think Darell, @ slots4home, has been stripping slants for parts.
He may have all you need, including a Bill Validator.

Ed
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 04:06:40 AM by edski » Logged

Spoiled Rotten Birds
joek4411
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2011, 12:30:27 PM »

Both of the brass photo cells are there , not sure if they line up but appear to be in good order, locked into the clips, no marks indicating they are hitting somthing or one another. How do you check them?
The coin comparitor led is no on, How do I check it?
What next????? Thanks..... Joe
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2011, 03:58:48 PM »

The coin comparator light doesn't come on unless all the doors are closed and latched, so you typically won't see the light on there.

If you have a digital camera with a LCD screen that you can use as a viewfinder, turn the camera on and aim it towards the emitter.  If the emitter is working, it will appear as a blueish-white light (which may or may not be flickering) on the screen of the camera.  Only the emitter will show that light -- the receiver will not.

When you fully close and latch all of the doors of the machine, does the red LED "0" in the coins played window turn off for a few seconds and then return?

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2011, 07:44:46 PM »

Forgive me for interjecting, but Buzz and I tried that digital camera trick on a few machines and we couldn't see anything on the camera's LCD screen.

I know that this tip has been circulating on NLG for a long time, but I'm not sure that it works with all point & shoot camera models. Perhaps the camera's refresh rate or the quality or lack of quality of the camera's IR filter may have some bearing.

If one hasn't been able to confirm that it works with their camera on a known good optic emitter, I wouldn't be prepared to call an optic bad if nothing showed up on the camera's LCD display.

Just my 2ยข.

Stat garfield

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2011, 08:27:46 PM »

Interesting.  It must have something to do with the model of camera or shutter speed or whatnot -- I've been successful with my S+ and PE+ machines and my camera, but that's good to point out that it may not work with every camera.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Neonkiss
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2011, 09:20:27 PM »

Forgive me for interjecting, but Buzz and I tried that digital camera trick on a few machines and we couldn't see anything on the camera's LCD screen.

I know that this tip has been circulating on NLG for a long time, but I'm not sure that it works with all point & shoot camera models. Perhaps the camera's refresh rate or the quality or lack of quality of the camera's IR filter may have some bearing.

If one hasn't been able to confirm that it works with their camera on a known good optic emitter, I wouldn't be prepared to call an optic bad if nothing showed up on the camera's LCD display.

Just my 2ยข.

Stat garfield

Just check you camera first with your TV controller. Same IR transmitter.
With the TV controller you will only see it when you push a button on the controller.

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
AnotherTech
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2011, 11:21:37 PM »

I just checked with my Canon SD1100IS and with a Droid X.  The Canon works pretty well, although less ambient light is better. 

The droid X was almost useless for this.  I was eventually able to tell the difference, but only after unplugging the optic and plugging it back in several times in a very dark environment.  The difference is a very dim purple dot when the optic is emitting.

Since the Droid X takes better pics and is newer, I'm guessing that older digital cameras are best for this, as they have less IR filtering.  Crazy
AnotherTech
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2011, 11:44:23 PM »

joek, Door M problems on these slant tops can be a real pain.  muted

I usually pull up on the 3 position switch to the "closed" position.  I do this on the top box, and the bottom door, and the coin tray, if it has one. 
I usually bypass the 3 position switch on the hatch door (the one on the right.  The one on the left is just for the cabinet light), but you can just pull up on it as well. 
I pop the upper optic out of its plastic holder, let the door shut all but the last few inches and hold the upper and lower optics face to face. 
I then open the BV door, and hold that switch down with a small screwdriver. 

If the door M goes away, at least you know the wiring and optics are good.

I then shut the BV door and check again.
Then the top box door.
Then the bottom door, etc. until I find the problem.

All this assumes that the switches work in the pulled out position, which isn't always true, but usually.

If that doesn't work, I short the 3 position switches with a paper clip and do the same thing with the optics and BV door switch.

In my experience, the BV switch causes the most problems.  The metal lever on the switch can be bent to make better contact with the button on the switch.
a69mopar
647-402-1977

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2011, 11:49:10 PM »

If you haven't checked for broken or cut wires to the switches, you may want to.  I've had a few that had some snipped wires.

W

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2011, 02:12:44 AM »

joek, Door M problems on these slant tops can be a real pain.  muted

If the door M goes away, at least you know the wiring and optics are good.

Keep in mind, this is an S+, not an S2000 -- it's not quite as obvious on them when the machine senses that the doors are closed (there's no VFD with status messages).

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2011, 03:09:41 AM »

I don't even like going in this direction but I will.

Unplug both of your door optics.Take note that each one of those plugs have two wires and can only be plug in one way. I'm going to call one side of each plug having a sharp point.

Now you have the optics unplugged don't give them another thought they will remain unplugged. Looking at the very pretty drawing I just made, using a wire 2 or 3 feet long hook it up like the RED wire in the drawing. Take note the door ( your top one) the red wire is plugged into the nonpointed side of the plug.  Cabinet side plug into the pointed side. If you see any cherry switches ( The white ones ) that a door hasn't pushed in, pull out on the center plunger.

What we have done is we have made the machine ( optics ) think the main door is closed.( It's OK not to close the main door )  If the optics were your problem I hope you see the LED light up on the coin comparator. ( If it works ) Even if the comparator doesn't light up, drop a coin in the Comp. to see what happens.

For you non believers, this one wire bypass works on a Upright S+ and a Slant Top PE+ I can see no reason why it won't work on a 3 Reel Slant Top.

* scan0002.jpg (361.87 KB, 2338x1700 - viewed 341 times.)

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2011, 11:51:09 AM »

It should work Buzz but I'd like to warn anyone trying this without proper Molex connectors.
If when inserting the jumper bypass wire into the 2-pin connector
and accidentally touching the wrong pin - you'll be amazed at what burns out!  rotflmao
Make sure the correct pins are connected together BEFORE turning "ON" the power switch!!!!

Below are a couple of photos I just took using my old scratched up magnifying glass...
Note that the "pointed" side of Molex connectors are designated as Pin #1.
I put a little bit of black marker ink on that area on the back of the Molex connector-
to bring out the number a touch better to see.
Click on any photo to enlarge! >>>

* Pin numbers on the back of 4 pin Molexes.jpg (73.67 KB, 1170x755 - viewed 340 times.)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 12:21:16 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2011, 12:22:41 PM »

Here's a couple photographs of the back side of the 2-Pin Molex connectors...
I find it amazing at how gripping a golf club without wearing gloves chews up the cuticles of my left thumb... rotflmao
I need to get a manicure... Crazy

Click on the photos to really make big!!!>>>

* Pin numbers on back of 2 pin Molex connector 002.jpg (493.59 KB, 2576x1932 - viewed 358 times.)

* Zoomed in photo of Molex numbers.png (1204.58 KB, 995x649 - viewed 350 times.)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 12:28:08 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
joek4411
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2011, 09:48:04 PM »

Ill send some pictures and tell me what you think. Should there be any light emmitted from the brass sensors?

* IMG_9059.jpg (107.23 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 329 times.)

* IMG_9060.jpg (94.14 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 307 times.)
joek4411
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2011, 09:49:20 PM »

2 of the 4 switches

* IMG_9559.JPG (492.35 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 348 times.)

* IMG_9560.JPG (459.32 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 365 times.)
joek4411
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2011, 09:50:09 PM »

3 & 4  switches

* IMG_9561.JPG (490.44 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 333 times.)

* IMG_9562.JPG (494.74 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 333 times.)
joek4411
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2011, 09:52:03 PM »

switches

* IMG_9563.JPG (418.87 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 336 times.)

* IMG_9564.JPG (460.84 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 347 times.)
joek4411
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2011, 09:52:58 PM »

continued.....

* IMG_9565.JPG (520.96 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 348 times.)

* IMG_9565.JPG (520.96 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 319 times.)
joek4411
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2011, 09:54:27 PM »

Anything out of place??????

* IMG_9566.JPG (516.63 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 321 times.)

* IMG_9567.JPG (443.02 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 349 times.)
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2011, 11:07:12 PM »

Ill send some pictures and tell me what you think. Should there be any light emmitted from the brass sensors?

The brass sensors are the part we have been calling the door optics.     Now the ans. to your question is in this thread.

StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2011, 07:04:48 PM »

joek4411, we haven't heard back from you. Did you ever get your machine working?

Stat garfield

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
joek4411
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2011, 07:31:32 PM »

Sorry , got busy with work and building a trailer. Will try this week-end. Thanks for the poke!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com ™    Newlifegames.net ™    Newlifegames.org ™
   New Life Games ™    NewLifeGames ™  NLG ™ We Bring new Life to old Games ™    1-888-NLG-SLOTS ™
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.