Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:41:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  IGT "call attendant" but no error codes
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT "call attendant" but no error codes  (Read 48035 times)
Miaduck
« on: July 17, 2011, 12:32:21 AM »

I have an IGT Triple Diamond Haywire that was working fine in our gameroom but got turned off by someone for a couple of months I suspect but now will not start back up. After powering it up and it goes through the "memory check" it goes straight to "call attendant" Can someone help me clear this? I hope this doesn't mean it has memory loss or something of the sort.
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 12:36:31 AM »

You have to open the door to see some error or tilt messages

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
Miaduck
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 12:38:46 AM »

I have opened the machine with the power off but when I turn the power on it goes into alarm. I know NOTHING about these machines.
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 12:49:00 AM »

Is it an S+ or a 2000?
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 12:50:24 AM »

If it displays "CALL ATTENDANT" It most likely a S2000.

Power on with the Jackpot reset key (it is the double sided key you got with the machine) in the key switch on the right sid of machine and door open
as soon as you hear the alarm turn it.

1 Note the message - write it down so you can post them on here if these steps do not fix the tilts/errors with the machine
2 Turn key
3 Repeat these 3 steps a few times eventually you will get to a point the machine tell you to do the next 2 steps one at a time
4 Press the white switch for 2-3 seonds on the MPU it is near the LED's on the MPU (mounted on the left inside wall of the machine)
5 close the door
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 01:02:50 AM by Foster » Logged

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

PET

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 12:52:11 AM »

That's what I thought. Did you try turning the reset key when alarm goes off?
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2011, 12:54:08 AM »

If it says Call Attendant It most likely a S2000.

That and the alarm kind of give it away.  Tongue Out rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

NLG Welcome  Miaduck  wave 

Please Post Pictures

Turn on the machine and see if there are any tilt messages in the vfd (that's the blue thing). Let us know exactly what is displayed. Then close the door and repeat. That might give us enough to start with.

StatFreak garfield
nlg  Global Moderator

<ADD> Try Fordbs' suggestion as well.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

PET

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2011, 12:58:30 AM »

Miaduck, the reset key is on the right outside of cabnet
Miaduck
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2011, 01:08:40 AM »

Power on with the Jackpot reset key (it is the double sided key you got with the machine) in the key switch on the right sid of machine and door open

1 Note the message - write it down so you can post them on here if these steps do not fix the tilts/errors with the machine
2 Turn key
3 Repeat these 3 steps a few times eventually you will get to a point the machine tell you to do the next 2 steps one at a time
4 Press the white switch for 2-3 seonds on the MPU it is near the LED's on the MPU (mounted on the left inside wall of the machine)
5 close the door

I'm familiar with where the reset key is and where the white switch on the MPU are but haven't tried either of these because lie I metioned before I know nothing about them. I was told by someone that the reset key was for resetting anfter a jackpot only and could mess up the programming if used anytime other than a jackpot.
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

PET

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2011, 01:10:54 AM »

Reset is used for more then jackpot.
Miaduck
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2011, 01:13:11 AM »

2 Turn key
5 close the door

I'm familiar with where the reset key is and where the white switch on the MPU are but haven't tried either of these because lie I metioned before I know nothing about them. I was told by someone that the reset key was for resetting anfter a jackpot only and could mess up the programming if used anytime other than a jackpot.

So turn the machine on, open the door and when the alarm sounds then turn the reset key and follow then directions listed above?
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

PET

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2011, 01:14:53 AM »

correct
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2011, 01:15:52 AM »

I'm familiar with where the reset key is and where the white switch on the MPU are but
haven't tried either of these because lie I metioned before I know nothing about them.
I was told by someone that the reset key was for resetting anfter a jackpot only and
could mess up the programming if used anytime other than a jackpot.

Whoever TOLD you that is DEAD wrong.
Turning the Jackpot reset key, while the door is closed in game mode -
just puts you into the "Accounting Mode".
You cannot change any "programming" whatsoever by turning the reset key.
Basically, you can see all the records of the machine.

To get out of it,  just open and re-close the door & you'll be back in game mode rotflmao

However, pressing the little white test button and then hitting deck buttons
(without any knowledge of what the heck you're doing)
WILL change priory set programming.
staz
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 156

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2011, 01:27:01 AM »

it could be a battery issue....... my s2k gave me all sort of strange error codes constantly till i changed the battery
Miaduck
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2011, 01:33:52 AM »

Okay, I went through all of the steps exactely as listed and made some headway. the reels did spin after I closed the door and then everything looked like it was playable except it says main battery low, call attendant. Now, where do I get the battery and how do I change it?
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

PET

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2011, 01:37:30 AM »

Check with vendors @ top of page or a place like radio shack should have them. You may as well get chips to set it up also.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2011, 01:38:31 AM »

Now would be an excellent time to use the NLG's "search" function
and type in the words like s2000 MPU battery" or something like that.
You'll get a bunch of pages referring to that subject that
has been discussed many times before here on NLG!  yes

Basically, it's a little coin battery...I believe it's like 3-1/2 volts or so.
BR or CR something...    Scratch Head

Here's link to some of that type of discussion >>>

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=215.msg1814#msg1814
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

PET

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2011, 01:39:58 AM »

a place like blue ridge slots should be able to fix you up with everything you need. He is @ top of page, give him a call.
After you get things together people on here can help you,

Bunker beat me. He has a good idea
Miaduck
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2011, 01:40:59 AM »

Now would be an excellent time to use the NLG's "search" function
and type in the words like s2000 MPU battery" or something like that.
You'll get a bunch of pages referring to that subject that
has been discussed many times before here on NLG!  yes

Basically, it's a little coin battery...I believe it's like 3-1/2 volts or so.
BR or CR something...    Scratch Head

Yes, that sounds like a good idea. Thanks everyone for the help.
Miaduck
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2011, 01:52:41 AM »

2 Turn key
5 close the door

As i went through I did note the messages:
1st reset: game eprom CRC mismatch -OxB000001
2nd reset: Non recoverable data error
3rd reset: some critical data will be lost
and then it prompted me to press the white switch and got me to where the machine will start up with the door closed now but it shows "main battery low call attendant"
It look like that was he problem and now will just need to get it replaced and hopefully be back in business.
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

PET

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2011, 01:57:18 AM »

You will have to set it up again. You should have a manual or maybe when you get that far someone will
send you the info. you need.
to do setup I use a 97 clear chip & a key 31 chip.
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

PET

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2011, 01:59:27 AM »

RAM CLEAR PROCEDURE FOR BASIC IGT S-2000 GAMES

Equipment: IGT S-2000 RAM Clear set contains IVC00097 & KEY00017 chips.

1. Power down game and remove CPU board.

2. Remove the STEPPER BASE chip U21 (SBXXXXXX) and install the IVC00097 clear chip.

3. Re-install the CPU board and power game up, once the clear is performed the top two Amber LED's will be lit, this could take up to approx. 20 seconds.

4. Power down the game and remove the IVC00097 clear chip and install the STEPPER BASE (SBXXXXXX) back into the U21 socket.

5. Power the game up, and clear the error codes. The first error will be RAM ERROR, to clear this turn the JP reset keyswitch. The next message shows "GAME EPROM CRC MISMATCH", again turn the JP reset keyswitch to clear. The next message shows "SOME CRITICAL DATA WILL BE LOST" again turn the JP reset keyswitch to clear. The next message shows the following directions "PRESS TEST BUTTON FOR 2-3 SECONDS" and then "PLEASE CLOSE DOOR"

6. Now the game will initialize and a second error code will appear" CALL ATTENDANT", open the door and the display will show a "EEPROM ERROR". Turn the JP reset keyswitch to clear the error. The next message shows " EEPROM CRC FAILURE" again turn the JP reset keyswitch to clear. The next message shows "SOME CRITICAL DATA WILL BE LOST" again turn the JP reset keyswitch to clear.

7. Now the game will initialize in game mode and the display will show "CALL ATTENDANT / MACHINE TYPE MISMATCH" this is normal and will only display this until the options have properly been set.

8. Now power the game down and remove the CPU.

9. Remove the STEPPER BASE chip U21 and replace will the KEY00017. Power up the game.

10. When the keychip is complete again the top two Amber LED's will be lit, this could take up to approximately 20 seconds.

11. Power down game and re-install the STEPPER BASE back in to U21.

12. Power game up and the display will show [ 7 KEY CHIP CONFIG ] Use the SPIN to enter into a menu, BET MAX to recede out of a menu, CHANGE and CASH OUT to select the value.

7 KEY CHIP CONFIG
7.1 KEY CHIP CONFIG I
7.2 KEY CHIP CONFIG II

Refer to Options Sheet
Once completed repeatedly press the BET MAX button to exit key chip menu and initial the game or close door.

13. Close the door the clear the "CALL ATTENDANT / MACHINE TYPE MISMATCH" error code.

14. Now you are ready to set the rest of options (to access the option, press the TEST button on the CPU)

ยซ Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 12:16:11 PM by OhioGaming ยป   

There are some notes that are important as mileage will vary...

1) Key 17 was replaced with Key 31 and some of the newer stuff require it

2) After a clearing different steps are done for different OS versions and some don't require a Key chip to be used at all

a) OS less then SG00100 the steps outlined will work fine but you might not need to Key the machine after a clear to set the machine type (depends)
b) OS greater then SG00300 has a few extra steps

Example - SG00363 requires you to set the IPC / WAMM (set this to WAMM) but can't be done until after you Key the machine

3) Games with Multi-denom hardware have an even more complex setup (not in order)
a) you must set a % for each denom
b) you must set or assign a denom / button for each Square (1 - 4)

That is all that is on top of my head for now as I am sure there is a bunch of stuff I am forgetting

staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2011, 02:09:03 AM »

you can pick up the battery online at....... you need a CR2354 lithium cell battery

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2715660
 or contact any vendor on here would have it.....
 to replace it is easy it slides right out on your mpu board......make sure machine is off when you pull the mpu  board out......
staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2011, 02:11:20 AM »

why would he do a ram clear if hes changing the battery....... he might not need to....
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

PET

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2011, 02:12:15 AM »

STAZ,  Will he have to do a clear on it after?

you answered me
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com ™    Newlifegames.net ™    Newlifegames.org ™
   New Life Games ™    NewLifeGames ™  NLG ™ We Bring new Life to old Games ™    1-888-NLG-SLOTS ™
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.