Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 03:31:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Help with b5033ci IGT reel game
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Help with b5033ci IGT reel game  (Read 26600 times)
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #75 on: August 02, 2011, 09:59:45 AM »

I'm going to back up just a bit to this:

Ok just took board out removed cmos and restarted, now I get 61 error, I read a few articles that tell me to hold reset button 3 seconds, I do and I get a BEEP  (YAY!!!) then i get a 61-1 error the article tells me to turn reset key and release for the 61-1 but this does nothing when i restart i get back to the 61 error

When you turned the reset key to clear the 61_1 was the door closed and latched? It needs to be or the error will not clear. Keep in mind you still may have bad door optics which would make it look like the reset switch is not working.  Did you verify the reset switch was actually bad with a meter? I just want to make sure you aren't replacing something that's not broken.
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #76 on: August 02, 2011, 11:10:57 AM »

I don't think that you have a bad switch, nor do I think you have a bad CPU board. I do think you will have to get a clear chip or try and redo the cmos clear method. then when you get to the 61-1  do as poppo stated with reference to the door.   I do know that if you do the reset as you did, the 61 will not clear and you will be in the loop until you clear it.

I have a S+ with a SP731. I turned the game on, turned the reset key switch, this put me in the book keeping mode, while holding the key switch I was able to go through the 12 book keeping menus and get back to the game play mode. ( after you cycle through the book keeping mode it returns you to the game play mode)  once in the game play mode I was able to continue playing the game while still holding the reset key. ( to simulate your alleged condition)  when I released the key switch. I got a 21 error code.

I also tried this with the door open, again I held the keyswitch closed, pressed the white test button and was able to get into the test mode and preform all the tests normally.
So I don't think that the switch is your problem.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
r5416
Rich
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #77 on: August 03, 2011, 06:06:13 PM »

ok i will buy one from a vendor here, rather than pay a locksmith no problem, I will do that today.  I hung the wires outside the machine closed the door, plug it in, got a 43 error, opened the machine hit the white reset button, machine relays start clicking, shut the door, push the spin button the reels spin, i then can reset the machine by shorting the jp wires, when i spin again it seems to be going back and forth 41 and 43 errors with the bottom light on candle flashing throughout.  this is where i am at with the machine.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 06:12:34 PM by r5416 » Logged
r5416
Rich
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #78 on: August 03, 2011, 06:20:57 PM »

Wow, so I reset the cmos again, closed door got 61 error pressed button 3 seconds got 65-1 shut door shorted JP the reels actually were spinning seems randomly? i assume maiden spin??  now 43 error.
leapyearguy
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 21

« Reply #79 on: August 03, 2011, 06:45:05 PM »

43 code (reel 3 tilt) close the door to reset.  65-1, bad cmos, hold the white test button and power the machine on and off with the button held. You'll probably get a 61 code again. The cmos chip is the small eeprom on the mother board called the E squared. It holds the game info such as program options and meters. The cmos compares what it knows with the ram chip on the cpu board and if they don't match you get a 61 code.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 06:52:17 PM by leapyearguy » Logged

20 bucks for simple repairs, 30 if you watch, and 50 if you open your mouth.
poppo

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #80 on: August 03, 2011, 07:04:43 PM »

I hung the wires outside the machine closed the door, plug it in, got a 43 error, opened the machine hit the white reset button, ...

Why are you pressing anything at this point? Clearing a 43 error just requires opening and closing the door. Follow the directions on the link earlier to the letter. Any deviation will result in unexpected results.

But if you keep getting a  41 & 43 tilts (reel #1 and reel #3), with power off, temporarily swap reel #2 with reel #1 (or reel #3) and see if the tilt changes from 41 or 43 to 42. If it does, it's your reels, if it doesn't, it is either your MPU or cables. Make sure all cables are seated both at the reels and down by the MPU.

<edit> Here is the link again. Clear each error one at a time by doing exactly what it says.

http://www.newlifegames.net/igterrors/
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 07:55:38 PM by poppo » Logged
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #81 on: August 03, 2011, 11:25:33 PM »

Remember: DON'T pull out or plug in the reel harnesses with power on. TURN THE MACHINE OFF.

Failing to turn off the machine might fry your MPU board.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.