Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 01:53:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  optic problems
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: optic problems  (Read 4703 times)
PLUNGER BOY
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 255

plunger buddies DEAD BOO HOO

« on: August 07, 2011, 11:32:13 PM »

I  am having problems with a s2000 machine.  It would go into a general reel tilt the same as if you opened the door during a spin   The belly door and coin box have been jumped out or bypassed   . On the I/O test for the main door the front display should flash from 1 to 0 if optics are OK  when the door is open it is at 0 when the door is closed it is at 1 but does not alternate between 1 and 0 is this a optic or board problem thanks

SELL me your  TERMINATOR  I GAME TOP GLASS AND BELLY   ( Round Top )
kforeman
Today...Slot Tech Tomorrow...Still be a Tech
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 42

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 12:23:04 AM »

I  am having problems with a s2000 machine.  It would go into a general reel tilt the same as if you opened the door during a spin   The belly door and coin box have been jumped out or bypassed   . On the I/O test for the main door the front display should flash from 1 to 0 if optics are OK  when the door is open it is at 0 when the door is closed it is at 1 but does not alternate between 1 and 0 is this a optic or board problem thanks

could be either i suppose.  i would eliminate the easy one first; jump your door optics and see if it clears it!

Now You're Techin'!!!
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 04:15:39 AM »

I suspect you are causing a short to ground in the BV switch wiring or in the optics wiring.

If you have removed the BV sub chassis and re-installed it for any reason you could have easily pinched the BV switch wires.

Also to help the BV and machine reset properly after you remove and re-install the cash can the machine likes to see the BV door open (while can is out) and closed after the cash can is installed.
Belly door switch is not needed and can easily bypassed.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 04:29:38 AM by Foster » Logged

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
PLUNGER BOY
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 11:05:51 AM »

IF i unplug the connector off the mother board  and test the wires from the optics to the chassis for continuity it should NOT read closed ?  that would show a ground to  a bare wire

Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 11:22:22 AM »

did the game ever operate?  sounds as if it did.  giving the general tilt code.  usually that indicates the door open during a spin.  that usually indicates mis alignment of the door optics. try your I/O test and move the door latch up and wiggle it to see if you can see the alternating 0 to 1.  if you can then the optics need re-alignment.  I have come across several machines where this has occured. I ended up shimming the black optic holder to get the proper alignment. After shimming that the problem never came back.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
PLUNGER BOY
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 11:31:14 AM »

did the game ever operate?  sounds as if it did.  giving the general tilt code.  usually that indicates the door open during a spin.  that usually indicates mis alignment of the door optics. try your I/O test and move the door latch up and wiggle it to see if you can see the alternating 0 to 1.  if you can then the optics need re-alignment.  I have come across several machines where this has occured. I ended up shimming the black optic holder to get the proper alignment. After shimming that the problem never came back.

Jim
As  was stated in my first post.  during the I/O  test it shows open as 0 and closed door as 1 . BUT the 1 and 0 do not flash back and forth in this test with door closed as all other machines do in this test    just steady 1 or steady 0.      ***Note the game has been running for over 1 yr  with no problems 

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 11:36:41 AM »

Sounds like a partially broken ground wire at either the emitter or receiver optic wires...?
Have you had a chance to swap known good optics into this cabinet?
PLUNGER BOY
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 11:40:58 AM »

Sounds like a partially broken ground wire at either the emitter or receiver optic wires...?
Have you had a chance to swap known good optics into this cabinet?
no   If i bypass the optics does it matter ?

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 11:45:09 AM »

no...you won't be using the optic anymore - you'll be "hard-wiring" the door sensors now.

If you decide to go that way - use a 3-position plunger type of cherry switch.
That way you can "open" the door by just pulling/extending the plunger -
instead of undoing any wiring connectors.
PLUNGER BOY
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2011, 11:50:52 AM »

no...you won't be using the optic anymore - you'll be "hard-wiring" the door sensors now.

If you decide to go that way - use a 3-position plunger type of cherry switch.
That way you can "open" the door by just pulling/extending the plunger -
instead of undoing any wiring connectors.
BUNKER you posted a bypass along time ago i found in the search box.  FOSTER also posted a way to bypass the optics  is there a way to splice the wires closer to the connection on the motherboard and eliminate any chance of a bad wire

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2011, 11:53:48 AM »

I'd do it exactly the way foster figured it out...
it was easier than the way I did it.

I hate optics on doors anyways...the cool thing is:
I can very easily fool the MPU into thinking the door is in the "open" state by pulling on the plunger
and see how things operate with the door physically open.

As far as your question of "splicing" the wiring closer to the motherboard...you can ,
but I don't know which wires are for the optics near the the backplane board.
I'd have to look it up in the wiring schematics or hand trace the wiring.

It may just be a bad receptor pin not fully grasping a male pin in the connector housing.
That's a bit harder to determine.
I'd 1st try the "bad" optics in a known good cabinet to see if that's the problem...
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 11:58:52 AM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2011, 09:12:59 PM »

I can very easily fool the MPU into thinking the door is in the "open" state by pulling on the plunger

Google
               Did you mean:  in the "closed" state

Tongue Out

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2011, 09:17:20 PM »

Something else to consider that nobody has brought up yet is that it's possible that the green battery on the MPU board has leaked corrosion onto the MPU board and has partially eaten through the traces on the board.  The traces directly below the battery (which tend to get damaged) are for the door circuits, and will give you random door open messages (and can cause a General Reel Tilt if the machine sees the door as "open" in the middle of a spin).

With the power OFF, remove the MPU board (watch your fingers!) and check for obvious signs of battery acid/corrosion near the green battery.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
kforeman
Today...Slot Tech Tomorrow...Still be a Tech
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 42

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2011, 10:31:05 PM »

BUNKER you posted a bypass along time ago i found in the search box.  FOSTER also posted a way to bypass the optics  is there a way to splice the wires closer to the connection on the motherboard and eliminate any chance of a bad wire

according to my documentation the main door optics plug into J11 on the motherboard at pins 1 & 2.  lightning bolt  hope it helps!  yes

Now You're Techin'!!!
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2011, 11:29:54 PM »

Google
               Did you mean:  in the "closed" state

Tongue Out

lol    Yes...I did mean a "Closed State"... Tongue Out Thanks for the correction Stat!  Clap applause
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.