Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 05:56:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
| |-+  JCM WBA 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 20, 21, 22, and 23 Bill Validators
| | |-+  WBA 11 ss not accepting bills
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WBA 11 ss not accepting bills  (Read 14682 times)
crgadyk
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 35

« on: September 06, 2011, 11:00:28 PM »

Trying to finish up this birthday present machine for a friend and the last mechanical issue to fix is the bill accepter. The machine came from Canada and had a WBA 11 head but had a WBA 21 chip in the transport. I wasn't getting anything to work with that setup so Jim and Blueridge hooked me up with the correct eprom. Now its cycling on when I power on the machine but its not taking bills. Actually its not even attempting to take any bills. I've looked around in the machine and everything looks right from the manual I have but that doesn't mean a whole lot. And forgive my ignorance on this one... when it cycles on, its spinning in the direction to spit out a bill, not take one in. Is that right?

Basically I'm just looking for a place to start on this one. I've figured out all of the other issues with this machine with the help of this site so I'm hoping to learn more with this piece. Teach me the ways of the WBA  Cry Laughing rotflmao

Where should I start? Any particular picture you need to see of the inside? I appreciate any help at this point.
staz
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 156

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 01:36:19 AM »

it's possible that the validator is disabled id make sure its enabled............
crgadyk
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 11:14:30 AM »

I went through the settings and checked to make sure it was enabled and it was. I was wondering if I possibly needed to change the country code with a set chip since it was a canadian machine but I didn't know if that would cause it to never pull a bill in or not. It won't even try to pull a bill in at all. The belts seem to turn fairly easily and its getting power and turning so I don't know.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 11:27:27 AM »

What are your limits set at? If it's enabled, you have the right software and there are no errors coming up in the VFD display then I would suspect limit settings.
crgadyk
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 11:45:48 AM »

I don't know... I'll have to check when I get home from work today. Thanks

Its an S+ btw if that matters at all.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 11:58:25 AM »

Yep, that would matter. Sorry, I was assuming it was an s2000. There's no VFD display on s+ machines. Did you re-enable the BV after the rebuild using a set chip for denom and BV activation? Also, I know the DBV validators had switches that could be turned on or off to determine which denomination bills the BV would or wouldn"t accept. I think the WBA's have them too. Eight switches on the side of the transport that should all be "off" to accept any denom bill.
crgadyk
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 12:41:01 PM »

I've got all 8 dip switches set to off. I didn't reset the BV after switching chips so I guess that should probably be my next purchase. I'll make sure I get a set chip that also allows the country setting to be changed to see if its still set up for Canada. I saw that in a different thread on here so I might as well make sure while I'm in there. I guess I should have done that first  Duh!
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 12:48:15 PM »

I would suspect enabling the BV is your issue, I'm not familiar with country code settings and how they affect gameplay. Not like you'd get a whole lot more credits for your buck at current exchange rates bust gut laughing
crgadyk
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2011, 01:41:58 PM »

Very true, I have a coworker that is heading to canada on Friday for vacation and he was complaining about the exchange rate. Maybe I should have him pick me up some canadian money to test in my machine  propeller
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 02:47:56 PM »

...I'll make sure I get a set chip that also allows the country setting to be changed to see if its still set up for Canada. I saw that in a different thread on here so I might as well make sure while I'm in there. I guess I should have done that first  Duh!

Country code 37 is the U.S. and it can be checked in the setup sub-menu. To get to the sub-menu, Press the test menu two or three times until you see "5  n" or "2  n" in the winner paid/credits window(s) (Exact details depend on which SP chip you have.), then turn the JP key until you get to the country code. It will be read only and should be near the end of the sub-menu.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2011, 04:29:18 PM »

Stat, how does country code affect gameplay?
StatFreak

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2011, 04:59:37 PM »

I don't know. I've never played with it. I suspect that it might affect the bill acceptor max limit, how the credit/cash/tokenization modes might work, and who knows... Scratch Head 2

Stat garfield

<PS> FWIW, Buzz had a Bally S5500 in which the country code had been changed and the machine wouldn't work properly until the code was changed back to U.S.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 05:05:08 PM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2011, 06:54:24 PM »

i forgot everything about a s+ its been so long since i played mine.......its sitting downstairs collecting dust........i like my 4th of july theme on my s+ though......i say that gotta be in the top 5 of best themes of s+ that igt made......
poppo

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2011, 07:30:51 PM »

The BV won't work if the country code does not match the BV. I sent a MPU to a guy in Canada and he could not get the BV to work until he changed the country code. As soon as he did, it worked. This MPU had one of my EEPROM on the MPU mods (it was all set up for the game he was going to use), so the board was still set up for US and his BV was Canadian. Same problem, it was enabled, but would not take bills.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 07:35:53 PM by poppo » Logged
crgadyk
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2011, 12:13:58 AM »

Update: I checked the menu and it was an 07 which is Canada so I'll need to get a set chip to fix that issue. I got a random 3300 error in the middle of playing it tonight that won't go away so I guess I'll need to figure that one out before I fix the BV. One step forward, two steps back  Silly Me! Silly Me!

Thanks for the info for the BV though, I knew you guys would know what I needed to do.
poppo

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2011, 12:29:44 AM »

I got a random 3300 error in the middle of playing it tonight that won't go away so I guess I'll need to figure that one out before I fix the BV.

This may help if you don't already have it.

http://www.newlifegames.net/igterrors/

BTW, if it is spitting out coins when you get the 3300 (which is hopper empty), you may have a problem with your hopper optics.

If you can't clear the 3300, you can pull the CMOS chip out for a few seconds, then plug it back in. You will then have to clear the 61, but it will clear your 3300 (since it will erase any credits).
crgadyk
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2011, 01:49:06 AM »

Well I'm afraid that the 3300 was just the symptom of a bigger issue. I got pissed off enough at the machine that I just turned it off and went inside to watch tv for a while. When I came back out I put more quarters in it to make sure the hopper had plenty and then turned on the machine. Now I'm not getting anything in any of the displays. The BV cycles on and flourescent lights come on but nothing else. Pushing the test button does nothing and it doesn't even do the first spin of the reels now.

I'm really starting to dislike this stupid machine. Guess I should  zzzzzzz on it and try again tomorrow.
staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2011, 02:05:26 AM »

3300 is a hopper emty code fill your hopper up and it should go away......you must of hit something that exceeded the amount of coins in your hopper......
staz
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2011, 02:07:38 AM »

heres a list of error codes to use as a reference........

Battery Voltage has dropped below 2.9 V
Replace ASAP due to possible RAM (memory) corruption.
   Turn power off - Turn power on
Open / close door to clear
Replace 3.6 V Lithium battery on CPU board
Coin In Error
   Verify that comparitor is seated in all four acceptor clips
Verify that acceptor does not have coin(s) jammed
Verify that the coin optics is not blocked (below comparitor)
Ensure toggle power switch in activated (if installed)
Coin Out Tilt (Hopper)
   Check for and clear any jammed coins in the coin out channel.
Verify that coins are not jammed behind hopper knife
Check the coin out optic sensor for blockage or dirty surface
Replace hopper coin out optic
Extra Coin Out (Hopper)
   Verify that the hopper motor brake functions
Check the coin wiper/ knife for jams - Adjust if necessary
Hopper Empty
   This is the most common error that new slot machine owners will have because the cash out button was pushed and the number of coins in the hopper is less than the total credits to be paid out. Open the main door and check the hopper for coin level (your hopper will not dispense all of the coins), refill and close the main door. You may have to do this several times for all of the credits to be paid out.
Reel #1 Tilt
   Designated reel is misaligned or malfunctioning.
Verify reel is not unplugged.
Switch connectors from one reel to another, determine if error follows change of connectors. Try replacing reel assembly or optics if error stays with bad reel.
Clear Ram
Reel #2 Tilt
Reel #3 Tilt
Reel #4 Tilt
Reel #5 Tilt
Reel Mechanism Disconnected
   Verify reels are not unplugged

During the process of clearing error codes, you may encounter multiple 6x series errors. Just follow the information below in the "Most Common Repair" column which matches the error code on the door display.

CMOS RAM Error
   Bad (or cleared) CMOS RAM data
Press test button 3 seconds
Error code 61-1 should now be displayed
Follow 61-1
61-1    
Game Data Reset
   Close door - turn and release reset key once
Bad Game EPROM
   Check circuit board - replace Game EPROM
62-1    
Data EPROM Error
   Check circuit board - replace Reel EPROM
65-0    
Bad EPROM Device
   Press self test switch for 3 seconds
If error will not clear replace EPROM
65-1    
Bad EPROM Data
   Processor could not read or write to the named chip
Press test button for 3 seconds
Error code clears from display - Close door
65-2    
Game Type Mismatch
65-3    
EPROM / Game Data Changed
   Close door - turn reset key
Error Code 65-1 or 65-2 appears in display
Follow 65-1 or 65-2
Game EPROM Changed
   Turn power off - Turn power on
Data EPROM Changed
Invalid Data EPROM
   Change to valid Data EPROM
crgadyk
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2011, 02:17:35 AM »

I have a full manual and everything so I've seen a 3300 due to an empty hopper before. I had around 600 credits on the game when I hit a win for 450 and I got a 3200 error. I'm assuming the limit is set at 1000 so it tried to push credits to the hopper. I didn't have the hopper put in at the time so I turned off the machine, put in the hopper, and turned it back on. (I know I could probably have done it while the machien was powered on but I'm always extra cautious). It spit out about 60 coins and then went to the 3300. Thats when I took a break, came back and filled the hopper and turned on the machine. Now I'm not getting anything on any display at all. I think the machine dislikes me and I definitely dislike it right now.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2011, 02:46:52 AM »

Nothing on the display is a very common error for a S+.  A a 8 inch power harness from the power supply to the mother board is most likely the problem. It is all explained in this thread.     http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=14390.msg123230#msg123230
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 02:26:27 PM by Buzz » Logged

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
poppo

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2011, 10:03:48 AM »

3300 is a hopper emty code fill your hopper up and it should go away......you must of hit something that exceeded the amount of coins in your hopper......

Just as an FYI because we just got done dealing with this on someone elses machine, you can also get a 3300 if the hopper coin optics are bad as it will never count them and times out thinking the hopper is empty. That is why I asked if it was still spitting out coins (but not counting down). It could be the hopper optics or the anti-tamper lever stuck or broken. Of course one should first check to make sure the hopper is full and coins can freely get out (i.e. not all jammed up).
crgadyk
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2011, 10:20:21 AM »

Thanks Buzz, I'll definitely check that out tonight first to see if that is my issue. It definitely sounds the same. Everything was going great and then it seemed to just die out of the blue.
poppo

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2011, 10:29:20 AM »

heres a list of error codes to use as a reference........

That handy link posted above has them all listed. Others good info in the FAQ link too.
http://www.newlifegames.net/faq1/
StatFreak

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2011, 04:10:22 PM »

Nothing on the display is a very common error for a S+.  A a 8 inch power harness from the power supply to the mother board is most likely the problem. It is all explained in this thread.     http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=14390.msg123230#msg123230

Agree with Post

This was the first thing that came to mind when you mentioned a random 3300 error followed by the MPU losing power. There's a good chance this will fix both.

For giggles, also reseat your MPU into the motherboard.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.