Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 14, 2024, 06:23:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Bill Validators and Currency acceptors
| |-+  JCM DBV-45, DBV-145, and DBV-200 Bill Validators.
| | |-+  Dbv 200
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dbv 200  (Read 29167 times)
twizz63
« on: September 19, 2011, 10:18:30 PM »

I got a new Dbv-200 and swapped it out and validator cycles when i turn on slot. It wont even try to accept a bill. Am I missing something or could it be transport?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 01:51:57 AM »

What kind of slot machine is it in?
twizz63
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 02:03:24 AM »

It is IGT slant top SP731.
twizz63
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 10:06:23 PM »

I will try and give more info and can take pics if required. The IGT slant top I bought last week and it had DBV-145 that would not work. I bought a DBV-200 ID023 and do have the vented power supply. The validator seems to cycle properly upon start up but the bezel doesn't light up. The red lights inside head do light up. The only way I can get it to attempt to take bill is by pressing switch that says door is closed. The bezel does light up in the self test.The machine works fine with quarters. I do have a round top s plus with same validator and it cycles the same at start up. The chip is Sp731. The person that sold it to me said validator worked at one time. I hope someone knows where to start looking . Thank You
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 10:12:48 PM »

I'm just wondering if the DBV needs to be "enabled" after swapping the JCM's?
Attached to this post below is the PSR for your SP731 chip.
According to the PSR sheet - the SET015 ( most common one) is needed to enable your DBV...>>>

* SP731.pdf (407.47 KB - downloaded 206 times.)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 10:23:36 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
twizz63
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 10:14:43 PM »

i will take a look at that and let you know ...
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 10:29:01 PM »

i will take a look at that and let you know ...

Thank you!
We'll be around...
On the right hand side of the Home page is the link to the JCM ( Japan Cash Machine,Inc.) website.
You will find tons of info there as well as performing a search using the words DBV 200.
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 12:05:07 AM »

I'm just wondering if the DBV needs to be "enabled" after swapping the JCM's?
Attached to this post below is the PSR for your SP731 chip.
According to the PSR sheet - the SET015 ( most common one) is needed to enable your DBV...>>>

Swapping a 145 to a 200 is 'plug and play'. I've done it several times.

Check the dip switches on the bottom of the head. They should all be off.

<edit> I didn't see the part where the 145 was not working either. So maybe it isn't enabled. I think we need a little more background info.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 12:11:33 AM by poppo » Logged
poppo

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 12:08:23 AM »

I do have a round top s plus with same validator and it cycles the same at start up. The chip is Sp731. The person that sold it to me said validator worked at one time. I hope someone knows where to start looking . Thank You

Have you tried putting this head and transport in the round top? It certainly will make things easier to know what is working and what isn't. The second machine can come in handy.
twizz63
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2011, 12:31:46 AM »

No I have not tried that yet....but the round top is at my brothers house.....but I can try that next.
poppo

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2011, 12:35:48 AM »

No I have not tried that yet....but the round top is at my brothers house.....but I can try that next.

You can go into self test and see if it's enabled and the denomination is set. If it's not, then you need to use a set chip. If it is, then it's time to start swapping a few things for process of elimination. Of course, you should check all of the cables from the BV power supply to the BV and back to the motherboard. The BV will cycle as long as it has power. So one of the other cables could be an issue.

Also, I am fairly certain that SP731 uses all dip swithes off (ID 023) on the bottom of the head, but you may try flipping #10 (ID 022) on and see what happens. If it doesn't work, put it back. But all other DIP switches need to be off.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 12:40:55 AM by poppo » Logged
twizz63
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2011, 12:50:10 AM »

I did try that poppo after reading another thread....same result..I will go through the self test and check that ....thanks for everyones help....
twizz63
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2011, 09:13:16 PM »

Well , I tried working head from my roundtop and it still doesn't work. I am having a tough time using the self-test to check and see if validator is enabled. I do know that through self-test that bezel lights up and it never lights up any other time. Another confusing thing to me is I tried this head in the roundtop and it wouldn't work either.Could the power supply work partially......as far as letting transport cycle but not the head?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2011, 10:12:09 PM »

When swapping to JCM200's from JCM145's - I think you need
the beefier power supply that has the vents?  Scratch Head 2

oops...I guess he has one already... Silly Me!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 10:46:05 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
poppo

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2011, 10:40:19 PM »

When swapping to JCM200's from JCM145's - I think you need
the beefier power supply that has the vents?  Scratch Head 2

Sherlock Smiley  Tongue Out

I bought a DBV-200 ID023 and do have the vented power supply.

twizz63,

If the bezel lights up in self test, then it's probably not enabled and you need a set chip. The PSR posted earlier will tell you how to look to see if it's enabled. But generally speaking, press the self test button a few times until you have a 0 in the coins played and a 5_x (x-0,1 or2) in the winner played. Then turn the jackpot reset key until you get a 9_x (9_1 = enabled, 9_0 = not enabled).
twizz63
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2011, 10:43:07 PM »

Thanks Poppo, I'll go try that right now.
twizz63
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2011, 11:00:05 PM »

OK poppo, that simplified the process and it says 9 1 in winner paid. So does that mean I should get a set chip? I believe I want the set015 .....correct?.....I just want to be sure I understand. Thanks
poppo

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2011, 11:05:07 PM »

OK poppo, that simplified the process and it says 9 1 in winner paid. So does that mean I should get a set chip? I believe I want the set015 .....correct?.....I just want to be sure I understand. Thanks

Actually that means it's enabled. So there is some other problem.

When you turn on the machine, does the BV cycle and what does it sound like? Does it cycle once or like 7 times? And does it make any sort of  'chuck, chuck, chuck', sound at the end?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 11:11:27 PM by poppo » Logged
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2011, 12:38:54 AM »

If your answer to poppo's question is that it cycles once and settles down, you also might want to check the denomination in the options menu. Remember that there is no decimal. "25" = 25¢. "2500" would be $25.

The DBV might also stay off if:

The denomination is too high.
The DBV limit and/or credit limit is/are set too low  and you have too many credits on the machine OR
DIP switch hopper limit is set too low for older SP chips (like your SP731) and you have too many credits on the machine.

Check the DIP switches on the DBV head as well. DBV200 should have all switches off with the possible exception of switch #10 on SW1. Make sure that none of the switches on SW2 are on. (The one with 6 switches.)

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
twizz63
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2011, 01:22:33 AM »

Poppo....it does cycle what seems to be correct. I tried the cash can in other slot as welll. I also checked the dip switches with all off and again with only 10 on. I will try and check those other details.
poppo

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2011, 01:33:42 AM »

Poppo....it does cycle what seems to be correct. I tried the cash can in other slot as welll. I also checked the dip switches with all off and again with only 10 on. I will try and check those other details.

You said you tried the round top head in this unit correct? Did you just use the head or the head and transport? Unless you find that you have a wrong setting, I would take the the whole RT transport, head and BV power supply and try it.
twizz63
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2011, 02:15:29 AM »

OK...I will try that next. I did not interchange transports. I was thinking about the switch that shows the door is closed.....could that be shorted or something?..The only time i was able to get it to attempt to take bill was when i opened and closed switch while feeding bill.
poppo

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2011, 02:19:13 AM »

OK...I will try that next. I did not interchange transports. I was thinking about the switch that shows the door is closed.....could that be shorted or something?..The only time i was able to get it to attempt to take bill was when i opened and closed switch while feeding bill.

What switch? The cash box door? If so, best to just remove the switch and short the wires together.

If not, what switch are you opening and closing when the machine should be closed for normal operation.  Scratch Head

Cash can door switch removed.

* door.JPG (261.42 KB, 1000x750 - viewed 287 times.)
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2011, 02:40:50 AM »

The machine would tilt and not play with either the main OR the cash box door open, so if the machine isn't tilting, the cash box door is not the problem.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
twizz63
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2011, 10:19:27 PM »

It's been several days since last post, but I tried the transport from roundtop and same result.  I did try and light the bezel in self test again and it wont light up now. I am still a little slow with the testing procedure ,but I have checked again and validator is enabled. I believe I was at right location for denomination .....and it was set at 5 and hopper limit at 600. Even though it seems to be enabled , should I purchase set chip?.....any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.