Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 08:26:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Red White & Blue won't take quarters.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Red White & Blue won't take quarters.  (Read 24397 times)
zarobhr
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 178

« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2011, 01:55:29 PM »

just by looking at the picture you can tell that it is a dollar machine. IGT only made two types of base coin head, one for dollars and one for small coin (5-10-25-50). there may be others for other world currencies, but for U.S. coins I have only seen these two.
the dollar back plate is on the left side (as you face machine) all the others are on the right side. you can use different back plates for each coin, the base is the same.

Jim     

OK Jim here's the 3rd type.  I know your thinking I could have modified this one from a 50 cent coin head, but I didn't. This one has never seen a grinder. I'm pretty sure I got this coin head from Joey

Had a fellow that just had to have a dollar S 2000, I put all this in a machine and he bought a quarter machine. Go figure !! All I can say is, I have it ready for the next dumb S*** that wants a dollar machine.

>edit<  Jim    plastic CC clips are all the way out.
Whats wrong with a Dollar Machine, i like them
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2011, 02:22:38 PM »

Buzz,   only referring to a S+ set up,  perhaps they changed all that on a S-2000,  can't comment on S-2000  because I have never had the opportunity to see a dollar S-2000.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2011, 02:51:09 PM »

Buzz,   only referring to a S+ set up,  perhaps they changed all that on a S-2000,  can't comment on S-2000  because I have never had the opportunity to see a dollar S-2000.

Jim

Jim   Pretty sure they both use the same coin head. If I did in fact get this coin head from Joey, you can bet money it came from a S+.  I was more supprised that a dollar token will fit in a CC 16 D

Like I said before, if you need a dollar machine and don't happen to have a CC 32 13V or a CC 33 24V comparitor you can open up the back plate of a 50 cent coin head and use a CC 16 D ( 13 or 24V )

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
MrMrsSlots
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2011, 11:32:56 PM »

OK, I'm back on line.  I printed the PSR, but I am thinking about removing the Q2 or Q4.  I took the comparator and coin counter out, and I take it that the Q2, Q3, and Q4 receive the light from the other board.  When a coin goes through it interrupts the light to the Q's.  I take it by removing the Q2 or Q4, the coin counter will "think" it saw a coin?  Guess I take out the soldering iron.  Now should I use the 35watt one, or the 500watt one.  LOL
poppo

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2011, 11:40:42 PM »

You can remove the part, but it might not hurt to run the optic test just to see what is not working. You do each of the 3 coin optic tests and use something to slide into the optic path to see if the number changes between 0 and 1 (not sure which it normally is). But blocking/unblocking the path should toggle it. 
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2011, 01:52:47 AM »

Q-2 or Q-4  is a surface mount transistor. has nothing to do with the optic emitter or its receiver.   doing the optic test will only show the one optic as being blocked. that's because the shorted transistor has put a permanent ground on the collector of that receiver optic.  the reason I can't tell you which one it is .Q-2 or Q-4, there are two versions of that board, on one its Q-2, on the other its Q-4.  same tranistor. same function.  just a different desigination.

typically will fix 99% of these type problems.  I usually just take a small pair of cutting dikes and twist the device a quarter turn and it breaks right off.   no big deal.  takes 10 seconds to do. you don't  have to remove the  unit  to accomplish this. it can be done with it in place.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
poppo

« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2011, 01:59:33 AM »

I guess I just like verifying things before lobotomizing it.  Tongue Out 
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2011, 05:53:18 AM »

I had a machine back in 2004 that was a dollar machine and If I remember right holding the rake open on large coin cc-33 made it reject acceptable coins instead of passing them to the optics.
I cant verify this I do not have a cc-33 for a s2000 around to even try to test or look at physically

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
ChizzleMonkey
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 4

« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2011, 09:53:31 AM »

I wonder if the optics are dirty?

Keep it simple.
poppo

« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2011, 10:10:55 AM »

I had a machine back in 2004 that was a dollar machine and If I remember right holding the rake open on large coin cc-33 made it reject acceptable coins instead of passing them to the optics.

That is why I suggested to verify the coin was actually passing through the optics. However, he did say they were going into the hopper, so I don't know how else they would get there. But we have seen some stranger things around here.
ChizzleMonkey

« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2011, 10:38:35 AM »

Agreed. Clean the optics before you go desoldering components. So a coin is dropped into the coin acceptor and it goes through the cc straight to the hopper without registering credit? How about testing the diverter?

Keep it simple.
poppo

« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2011, 11:02:49 AM »

How about testing the diverter?

Which diverter? If the coin is dropping into the hopper (since the rake was shimmed) that one does not matter. And the overflow diverter must be working or the coins would be landing in the bottom of the machine.
ChizzleMonkey

« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2011, 10:25:46 AM »

I see what you are saying Poppo. You are right, there must be a problem with the optics. I've seen a machine not accept credits due to dirty, dusty optics. One time I found a small piece of paper blocking the optics. The optics can degrade with use over time as well.

Keep it simple.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.