Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:27:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Double Diamond fuse help needed
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Double Diamond fuse help needed  (Read 28925 times)
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2012, 03:04:28 PM »

Your door optics are at fault (( there's possibly more problems too ( hopper for ex.) but we must start somewhere!))
They are NOT closing the circuit to send the "door closed" signal back to the MPU.
If they worked, the "Coins Played" number would go out for about 2 seconds -
when the door latch is fully in the downward position & the door optics are fully lined up to "see" each other.
We need to run some trouble shooting with your door optics to make sure they are operational.

With a digital camera, open the door and look at the emitter optic on the door.
There should be a faint blue light when observed through a digital camera view finder.
The cabinet door receiver optic does not throw light so there's nothing to see there.

There are door optic tests that you can perform in the Output Tests.
Do you know how to do these Tests?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 03:10:31 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
jakekelly937
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 25

« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2012, 03:23:59 PM »

After further inspection i noticed that the red wire going to the optic on the machine side is not connected.  I am in the process of ordering these parts and will update when i have them installed.  I would like to thank all the generous and helpful people at NLG, for taking time out of their day to help a stranger.  I know all of you do it every day, but that doesn't make me any less thankful.  I WILL donate to the site and order my parts though one of the Banners.  Thanks again!
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2012, 04:15:08 PM »

I cannot take full credit as you mentioned it in Reply #17. ( the "gold things"... Tongue Out)  
Then JIM also mentioned the optics in Reply #31.
The kicker clue for me  idea light bulb was your reply in Reply #32...>>>

"...when i shut and latch the door, nothing changes. no sounds or changes in the display."
jakekelly937
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2012, 04:05:42 PM »

Last night, after installing the new door optics, my machine worked just great.  I played the remaining credits it had on it and inserted a 1 dollar bill and played those 4 credits.  I left the machine on overnight.  Today the bill collector will not accept bills and coins fall straight through to the tray.  The led display are blank except for the coins played reads 0.  When i open and close the door, nothing changes on the screen and the reels do nothing. In the diagnostics, it reads 10-0, 11-0, 13-0, etc.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2012, 04:57:45 PM »

Last night, after installing the new door optics, my machine worked just great.  I played the remaining credits it had on it and inserted a 1 dollar bill and played those 4 credits.  I left the machine on overnight.  Today the bill collector will not accept bills and coins fall straight through to the tray.  The led display are blank except for the coins played reads 0.  When i open and close the door, nothing changes on the screen and the reels do nothing. In the diagnostics, it reads 10-0, 11-0, 13-0, etc.

Heat caused this...where?  I have no idea.  bawling
Shut off the machine and let it cool down for an hour or so.
Turn it back on later and see if it works?
jakekelly937
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2012, 11:50:18 PM »

Is it more likely that something is ruining the door optics or that the set I bought was bad?  I think my problem is still in the door optics.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2012, 12:42:30 AM »

No because you had them working when you changed them.
Plus the Molex connectors only allow you to plug them into the ends of the harness one-way.

unless

You may have forgotten to put the plastic zip tie on the optics, pinched the optic wire
in the door latch cutting the wire and grounding it out against the door chassis.

THAT would ruin the emitter optic every time.
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2012, 01:22:04 AM »

Mark Have him run a jumper wire to bypass the optics and you will know for sure if the optics are the problem.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2012, 01:27:23 AM »

Mark Have him run a jumper wire to bypass the optics and you will know for sure if the optics are the problem.

Yeah...we gotta get him to change the "Coins Played" display to momentarily go out and come back on -
that tells ya the door optics are working.

Making a bypass is a little tough for a new guy.
I have an easier idea  idea light bulb that might work.

jake, if you have a digital camera ( cellphone cam maybe?) open the door, turn the power on
and look at the emitter optic on the door frame next to the handle latch.
See if you can see a faint blue light shining in your viewfinder.
If so, that means your emitter optics are good!
jakekelly937
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2012, 02:15:58 AM »

I disconnected the optics, checked for pinched wires or bad connections.  I then reconnected everything and tried again.  I went to 13 in the diagnostics and closed and latched the door slowly, the 0 next to the 13 flashed (extremely quick) from 0 to 1 to 0 to 1 etc.  Then I opened the door and tried again and it stayed at 0.  Used my iphone camera to look in the door side optic and could not see any blue light. 
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2012, 02:29:43 AM »

You'll only see light from one side of the optic (the transmitter) -- the reciever side won't show any light, and that trick doesn't work with 100% of digital cameras, either.

The rapid 1/0/1/0/1/0 flickering in the optics test is normal, and indicates that your optics are working correctly.

Make sure that your cash can is firmly closed, or wire the cash can switch wires together to fool the machine into thinking it is closed.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
jakekelly937
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2012, 02:37:59 AM »

Jim had me wire those together so I should be good there.  I can't get it to flicker anymore, it stays at 0.  Maybe they got misaligned in transport and they luckily lined up a couple of times which allowed me to play?  Getting quite a few 3100 errors as well. 
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2012, 02:57:49 AM »

Are you getting 3100 errors when the game is trying to pay out, or just randomly during gameplay?

If you can't get the optics test to alternate between 1/0 anymore, then you'll never get the game working.  Either the optics are bad again, there's a problem with the wiring, there's another door open (or your wires that are twisted together for the cash can came undone), or there's something wrong with your MPU board.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2012, 03:04:32 AM »

I don't like getting into Bunker's thread, but here goes.

Jake Take a Sharpie pen and make a line that lines up with the optics on the door, do the same thing on the cabnet side.  Close the door and the two Sharpie black lines MUST line up. If they don't, adjust the cabnet side until it does line up. ( You will have to make a new mark on cabnet side after you adjust the optic )  WD 40 will remove the black mark after you finish.

* PICT0066.JPG (173.91 KB, 640x480 - viewed 228 times.)

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2012, 01:17:32 PM »

Then I opened the door and tried again and it stayed at 0.

That's not normal.  sounds as if your losing a ground to the optics. somethings to try!
1. there is a wire in the back of the machine, blue/w green tracer, right hand side wire bundle behind the meters and on/off  switch (reels area of machine) ground this wire to the metal frame anywhere, should have a pronged connector on it. see if this fixes your problem.
2. check and see if there is a belly door switch, if so bypass this as you did the cash can switch.
3. remove coin tray, hopper, power machine, get to the 13_0 test, close door, If optics not working(constant zero on display,opposed to a changing 1/0) reach into machine and start wiggling the connectors on the motherboard while observing the display, pay attention to J-10 , I think this is where the ground for this circuit comes from. if you get a change, then address that area.

Jim

(Fixed a broken quote tag. -knagl)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 04:51:00 PM by knagl » Logged

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2012, 01:19:05 PM »

Buzz's suggestion for lining up the door optics is the best I've seen here!  yes

Jim,
I wonder if he has electrical tape protecting the cash can wires?
Maybe they're grounding out onto the metal of the cabinet?

I have a question though...is the 2-wire harness on your door emitter optic have the colors Black and Red?
The receiver optic 2-wire harness on the cabinet should have the colors of Red and White!
If they are backwards...they will burn out.

Below is a photo from one of my S+'s to show you how the door emitter optic should be installed along
with it's plastic tie - preventing movement of the 2-wire optic harness.
That harness is extremely fragile as it is soldered to some very small contact wires extruding from
the emitter lamp and will break very, very easily!

Click on the photograph to enlarge!...>>>

* S+ Door Emitter Optic.jpg (342.91 KB, 992x1358 - viewed 224 times.)
jakekelly937
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2012, 04:32:48 PM »

I did the sharpie trick and my optics are lined up great.  (Place a piece of clear tape on the machine before you draw the line and no need for wd40)

I tied the cash can wires together per Jim and they are well taped.  I also grounded the blue/green wire awhile back so that's not it either. 

I used a panasonic digital camera, and I CAN see light coming out of the right side of the optic.

So far I haven't noticed any changes in the display when I wiggle the wires on the motherboard (it's difficult to look at it while reaching in the machine)

* P1030971.JPG (799.19 KB, 2560x1712 - viewed 229 times.)

* P1030972.JPG (709.68 KB, 2560x1712 - viewed 253 times.)
jakekelly937
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2012, 04:38:24 PM »

If i remove the door optic bracket from the machine on both sides and hold the optics together as if the door was closed, I still do not get a change on the display.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2012, 07:01:24 PM »

I did the sharpie trick and my optics are lined up great.  (Place a piece of clear tape on the machine before you draw the line and no need for wd40)

That's even better! Good idea on top of another good idea!  applause

If i remove the door optic bracket from the machine on both sides and hold the optics together as if the door was closed, I still do not get a change on the display.

Well that sucks the biggie.... bawling I would have tried that too.
What spare parts do you have?
A motherboard? Another MPU? Another set of optics?
No matter what I say now's gonna cost you some money.  money (Need a smiliey burning cash in a fire...lol )
Without spare parts - you can't do any swapping to pinpoint the problem.

Have you tried JIM's suggestions yet?
jakekelly937
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2012, 07:20:39 PM »

I did all of Jim's suggestions and I have no parts.  It's becoming an expensive decoration lol!  Do you know of anyone in Texas I could take it to?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2012, 08:00:03 PM »

I did all of Jim's suggestions and I have no parts.  It's becoming an expensive decoration lol!  Do you know of anyone in Texas I could take it to?

Oh man!
There' a whole bunch of NLGers's right near you!
Look at the member's map! Have you pinned yours yet?...>>>

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?action=googlemap
CVslots
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 432

« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2012, 02:39:57 PM »

Man, what a marathon post!! Rivoting, up to the minute, play by play action!! Like S+ 101 & 202 all in one post!!  applause applause applause

Then he just disappeared and left us hanging...we'll never know the ending now.  Scratch Head

+1 (Karma, or whatever) +1 (Karma, or whatever) +1 (Karma, or whatever) +1 (Karma, or whatever) to Jim, Stayout, Buzz, knagl, and cowboy and anyone else I might have missed...

jakekelly937
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2012, 03:20:38 PM »

How awful of me to do y'all like that!

I gave up and carried it to a shop that is going to do what he can.  He replace the battery as soon as I for there.  Found out the optics would work if you touched them together but never when the door was closed.  I bought an s2000 without a coin hopper, but that's part of the fun, so I'm going to add a hopper so you may be hearing from me real soon!  Right now it pays out in tickets but the machine won't accept them, any way around that?
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2012, 07:36:40 PM »

S2000s (and any machine with a TITO system) require a backroom computer server to validate and accept tickets. Up until about a year ago it was impossible for home users to have such a system. Now, though, some smart folks have hacked together a way to do this at home. Check out this section of the forum for more information:

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?board=105.0

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2012, 07:47:55 PM »

I'd stay away from the thread with 477 replies unless you REALLY want to do it! lol
Lost a lotta sleep on that one... knockout
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.