Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:06:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Universal Reel/Video Games. (Moderator: uniman)
| | |-+  Problem with coin is dropped in
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Problem with coin is dropped in  (Read 2820 times)
gposing
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 5

« on: February 22, 2012, 12:40:40 AM »

Could a bad battery cause this problem.  when I drop a quarter in the slot all the lights go off on the front of the slot, then the 4 led on the system board blink on and off. Also the coin drop will continue to open and close. I have to hold the 3 buttons down to reset the system, to get it back working.  I run all of the test and they are fine.  I did check the battery and it shows less than 1.0 volts. I checked it while it is still on the system board.  Is it just the battery or could it be something else. 

thanks.
jbshocks

Total Karma Storms: 21

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 12:41:34 PM »

Is this an ultra?  It uses a rechargeable battery so you might leave it on for a few hours and see if the voltage comes up a little.  I had some memory clear issues on my ultra with a .5 volt battery but once the mem cleared it would run.   I was unable to find the interstate or proper saft battery for the ultra so I ended up finding no name batteries on ebay and they have been working fine.  You should not use the lithium saft unless you properly modify it to prevent charging. 

I don't think that the battery is your root cause.  My guess would be that the main board connection needs to be cleaned/reseated.   Will it work on dollars or is it just the coins that cause issue?  This is a long shot but I had a game prom that was going bad and it would do this and then moved to having 17 0 or 14 0 errors.  Finally had to make a new eprom and all was good again. 
jbshocks

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 06:31:11 PM »

for an ebay search of the battery use Ni-Cd 60mAh 3.6V  and you should find the battery.   Here is a sample.  I have no affiliation with the seller. http://www.ebay.com/itm/2PCS-x-Ni-Cd-60mAh-3-6V-Rechargable-Battery-Cells-new-/130524525079?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e63de3217#ht_1768wt_1392
gposing

Total Karma Storms: 5

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 08:30:39 PM »

Thanks.  To get 2 of them for $3.00 with shipping is well worth the chance.  Let's hope my soldering skills are still up to par.
jbshocks

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 08:34:34 PM »

it is an easy soldering job.  not much in the way near the battery.  Check the battery polarity before install.  The shape of the battery almost makes it look like you are putting it in backward from the original.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.