Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:00:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  IGT Fortune 1 Sircoma/Poker.
| | |-+  Honey I shrunk the cards! Well not me, the machine did...
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Honey I shrunk the cards! Well not me, the machine did...  (Read 17978 times)
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 192

Insert Coin

« on: March 08, 2012, 04:16:32 AM »

I have a strange problem. After moving my IGT Fortune 1 from one side of the room to the other (carefully...just sliding the stand, no jiggling whatsoever) the cards have become "shrunken," They are still perfectly readable and the machine works fine but they got smaller. The only other thing I did notice was a slight flicker when I first powered it up after moving it. At that moment the cards got smaller! I've taken two pictures. One of the machine with shrunken cards, and the other, powered off. The powered off shot shows the burn in of the actual card size so the difference can be seen. Does anyone have an idea what I can fiddle with the get my card size back. I did do a quick check to make sure the chips were all seated correctly but that's all I've done so far

* IMG_2208.JPG (1111.11 KB, 3072x2048 - viewed 416 times.)

* IMG_2210.JPG (771.5 KB, 2680x1810 - viewed 419 times.)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 04:22:53 AM by shortrackskater » Logged
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 05:43:23 AM »

Look at the CRT chassis and see if it has a vertical size adjustment knob on the board. Picture looks like the raster's been pinched down a bit
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 698

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 05:43:31 PM »

Take extra precaution when turning those little knobs!  Turn very slowly and cautiously.  They're very sensitive, especially if the machine is a little older.  They can easily break their contacts and then you're stuck with the shrinking until you can fix the knob contact.  I found out the hard way.  I found that particular change to be the most sensitive.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 05:50:05 PM by Vegas Local » Logged
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 06:06:14 PM »

Thanks cowboygames and Vegas Local!! I will get to this tomorrow and report back.
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 03:06:58 AM »

I can't seem to find the control! My IGT Fortune One manual says it's to the right of all the controls but when I pull out the CRT, all I see are

Vert Hold - VertLR - Horz Height - Horz Freq

There's nothing else to the right. To the far right an up are two more controls. One is FOCUS the other says SCREEN
The other problem is that I can't reach back to any controls when it's powered up. I can see the RGB controls on the yoke but I can't find any Vert size or raster, if that's the same term. When I removed the CRT I did do a gentle tap with a wooden handle on each pot just to see if that affected anything but nothing happened.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 04:36:28 AM »

I've never seen that particular chassis before. Can you take a close up picture of the area where the contorls are? You may have a cap or resistor in vertical circuit going to crap on you also
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 12:32:54 AM »

Here you go!

* IMG_2213.JPG (1061.02 KB, 3072x2048 - viewed 487 times.)

* IMG_2214.JPG (575.96 KB, 2653x1632 - viewed 405 times.)
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 12:34:58 AM »

The whole thing.

* IMG_2211.JPG (891.44 KB, 2043x2390 - viewed 453 times.)
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 12:48:58 AM »

Down on the main chassis should be small pots for horiz and vert size control. Generally I would look for them along the rear edge of the board, but no guarantees on that. Best I can tell you is they SHOULD be labeled on the board next to the contorol. Those black controls on the back of the board near the flyback are for controlling focus and drive from the flyback, no vertical adjustments there
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2012, 05:08:54 AM »

I looked everywhere and couldn't see anything! There is a small board on top of the CRT, which can be adjusted with the power on. The three seem to control brightness, contrast and tint. However, when I change the background to blue, something seems wrong. I did find two small pots next to those other ones but they also adjusted vert hold and horz hold. I think I better do a shot of what I'm seeing with the blue background and that should explain it better. PLEASE STAND BY

UPDATE: I just realized, when I bring up the blue (which I think is the default background), it shows the true vertical height. When it was black, it gave the illusion that it was full screen when it was, in fact, "squished." So I think I'm still stuck with finding vert height somewhere. I'll post the picture anyway.

* IMG_2221.JPG (1136.76 KB, 2509x1957 - viewed 457 times.)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 05:59:13 AM by shortrackskater » Logged
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 08:54:29 AM »

Actually, those retrace lines at the top of the screen indicate a probable capacitor issue in the vertical circuit. Probably time to see if someone has a schematic they'll send you and start diagnosing that circuit.
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2012, 04:19:37 PM »

I wonder if I should just replace all the electrolytic caps on the CRT? There's a link here with some troubleshooting help for this slot. I could just start with replacing the caps that are correlated to video issues.  Any thoughts?
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=255.0

I just realized that link shows mpu board issues... could this problem be there or is it more likely to be on the CRT?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 04:30:25 PM by shortrackskater » Logged
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2012, 03:17:21 AM »

It's a CRT issue for sure. What happens when you adjust the "Horiz Height" adjustment you mentioned earlier in the thread?

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2012, 03:28:52 AM »

The problem is that I can't reach the pot with the CRT in position. I can pull it out only a little and am limited to the length of the cable. I guess I could just mark it, and tweak it, then try the other way. I'll try that tomorrow. Thank you.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2012, 09:39:20 AM »

There's no such thing as horiz height on a crt. That's a vertical problem on the crt chassis. On a picture tube, vert adjusts the top to bottom size and horiz spreads the picture out side to side
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2012, 11:06:47 AM »

I've never heard of it either, but I'm going off of what he posted in Reply #4 above.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2012, 11:34:56 AM »

I guess when I read that I just assumed he meant Horiz Size as that was commonplace on the older boards. The only time they'd label it Horiz Height, I would assume, would be if they were mounting the CRT sideways for some reason like on the commercial video games before they made the tubes oriented that way.
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2012, 01:44:56 PM »

If you enlarge the picture in reply#7, you will see three pots, one white plastic adjustment knob, two are metal. to the left of the 115vac connector plug.   could these be the ones you are searching for???

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2012, 01:54:36 PM »

Those pots adjust the following:
Vert Hold - VertLR - Horz Height - Horz Freq
The problem is that I can't adjust anything with the CRT plugged in to see which one does what. I've never worked on a CRT before either.
Thank you though, everyone, so far.
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

513-984-2201

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2012, 02:06:10 PM »

the only wat to accomplish that is to make a cheater cord.  just duplicate the pinouts ,basically making an extension cable.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2012, 02:11:00 PM »

I should invent a little "grabber" - a shielded, bendable cable with a shaft and attachments fort tweaking different kinds of potentiometers. I could make a fortune!
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

513-984-2201

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2012, 02:14:04 PM »

I may have one, let me check tonight. I don't have a machine in the shop, so tell me how many pins are in the plug.

If I have one ,you are welcome to borrow it to get your  monitor squared away.

Jim

shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2012, 02:20:56 PM »

Thanks Jim!
I'm not home until late afternoon but I'll let you know. Earlier in this thread I mentioned electrolytic caps...should I replace those? I thought after 20 years + they start to go, although the general consensus I get here is to wait until I know it's a particular cap...not sure what to do.
cowboygames
Abbys Dad

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2012, 02:38:09 PM »

Can you diconnect the monitor plugs from the receiver try inside the machine to get enough lengh to work on it? As far as caps, yes, you can shotgun the caps on the board, but until you know for sure it's a cap problem it may not do anything but put new caps on the board. The problem could be a resistor, diode or the vertical output itself so caps may not be the golden key to fixing it.

Or it could be just a crappy connection on a vertical size control potentiometer. Just saying you can't solve the problem till you know what's causing it
shortrackskater
NLG Site Administrator

Insert Coin

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2012, 03:00:44 PM »

I can only slide the CRT about five inches back on the track before I run out of cable length but I might be able to reroute the plug below the main unit and troubleshoot, if I can prop the CRT on something. I'm not home though so I'll have to try all this tonight. I hope I'm understanding what you said! Thanks again everyone. I do have a pdf of my manual. I could post it here if anyone needs to see it.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.