Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:07:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Universal Reel/Video Games. (Moderator: uniman)
| | |-+  universal slot machine model y-90
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: universal slot machine model y-90  (Read 11152 times)
fredster
« on: March 14, 2012, 03:16:42 AM »

Hi everyone, I see that there is a lot of technical people on this site. I hope somebody can help me solving problems on a Universal slot machine I required. The machine gives me error codes which I have no meaning of, 33 and 73? I have tried reseting the machine but it fails. I live in South Africa and slot technicians does not even want to try and help me?? Reason, machine is too old etc. Spares is another story alltogehther! I hope there is someone who can help me, pretty please.
lindam1
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 168

When you're out of Quarters, You're done.

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 09:37:07 AM »

Never seen a 73, but 33 is Empty Hopper

If it ain't broke....Stop trying to fix it.
jbshocks
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 21

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 11:45:13 AM »

You should really move your post to the universal area and Uniman can probably help you out.  Or at least add universal to the subject.  I have not heard of a 73 on universal ultra.   Is this an ultra model? Have you performed a ram clear?  If you don't know the exact model you may want to post a picture of the machine.
fredster
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 02:43:22 PM »

You should really move your post to the universal area and Uniman can probably help you out.  Or at least add universal to the subject.  I have not heard of a 73 on universal ultra.   Is this an ultra model? Have you performed a ram clear?  If you don't know the exact model you may want to post a picture of the machine.

Hi sorry to be such a pain, but I can not find the universal area??
I have taken photos of the machine inside and out.  I also see the coin comparator does not read coins anymore??

Please help me to post this where, Uniman can see my questions?

This would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks
jbshocks

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 02:50:17 PM »

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?board=63.0    this link should get you to the universal area.  Can you add a photo to your post?  Does it say ultra series in the upper left corner of the reel glass?
fredster
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 03:16:44 PM »

Hi there, I was told that if you have problems with a universal, you are the magician to talk to...so here goes.

In the win meter display area I get error codes which flash, 33 and 73? I do not know how to reset these errors.

Also the coin comparator does not read the coins anymore...migt be faulty. I do not know what to check for, and what voltage should be present?

The machine is a Universal, model # Y-90, It has cherries and bars in the reels, with Double Fortune for the jackpot.

I live in South -Africa and getting help here does not exist!

Please see if you can shed some light on these matters for me.

Any help would be highly appreciated!!

Warm Regards 

Fred
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 03:35:18 PM »

when you open up the machine  there should be a button (yellow) to the left of the reels, this is a soft reset, it should reset most tilts. then close door and see if it will accept money.

or you can keep the door open and just return the lock up to the 12 o'clock position, and see if the cc light does come on, and whats going on with it.

lastly you could try a hard reset.  remove hopper, on the bottom of the card cage there is a hole in the screen, inside that hole there is a pushbutton. find the push button first with the power off, when you have located it press and hold the button, while still holding the button turn on the power, wait for about 15 seconds, you should here some hissing coming from the speaker. this hopefully will cure any tilts.

hope this helps

Jim   

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
lindam1

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 09:25:08 PM »

He may have a Universal (Japan) Pachislo Machine. I never heard of A y 90 from Universal.

jbshocks

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 10:12:55 PM »

If he posts a picture things will get clearer.
uniman
Topic Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 695

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2012, 03:12:42 AM »

Think I know what your problem may be.
If you have a flashing 33 on the left side of the win meter and a 73 on the right, not flashing, then this is what happened; Someone hit the cashout button and the machine hopper had paid out 73 coins and then went empty causing the error 33. 
Either the hopper needs to be refilled and then the yellow reset button pushed, then close and lock the door, or,
You could perform a ram clear by removing the coin tray and reaching in at the bottom of the MPU find the round hole at the bottom middle of the mpu case. Push the little button on the mpu in the hole while powering up the machine. Hold the button in for about three seconds and release. This will clear all credits off of the machine and will clear the machines records stored on the mpu.

Universal did not put a date of manufacture on their machines until about 1990. Then they put it in the Model # area as a Y-90. So the Y-90 is actually the year it was made. The early Universal's had no model name or number.

Hope this helps!
fredster
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2012, 03:48:18 AM »

Indeed I see that the machine was manufactured in Japan.

* Shelly Beach-20120314-00278.jpg (917.93 KB, 2560x1920 - viewed 535 times.)
fredster
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2012, 03:52:16 AM »

* Shelly Beach-20120314-00275.jpg (1186.21 KB, 2560x1920 - viewed 934 times.)
fredster
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2012, 04:00:34 AM »

* Shelly Beach-20120314-00277.jpg (1211.51 KB, 2560x1920 - viewed 518 times.)

* Shelly Beach-20120314-00284.jpg (850.49 KB, 2560x1920 - viewed 442 times.)
uniman
Topic Moderator

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2012, 09:30:02 PM »

That is a standard Universal from 1990. The coin comparitor is not something I'm familiar with, looks maybe like one of those Imonex brands?

I see the error on the machine, no such error 73 that I know of. Maybe it is an error 13 with the segment display acting up? Error 13 is a "the machine just powered up" message.

I would perform the ram clear that Jim & I stated above. (You will lose any credits that are on the machine)
uniman
Topic Moderator

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2012, 09:37:04 PM »

In your picture with the machine door open I see something behind the hopper to the right side. I see the comparitor lying there but behind in the back it looks like some sort of transformer maybe?
What is it?
lindam1

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2012, 10:17:20 PM »

It's definitely a universal. Look at the red strip between the buttons and the belly glass. They all had that. There is no BV. I don't think it's an Ultra. I think it is late 80's or very early 90's. Most early Ultra's had a BV in with the belly glass.

fredster
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2012, 03:15:46 AM »

It's definitely a universal. Look at the red strip between the buttons and the belly glass. They all had that. There is no BV. I don't think it's an Ultra. I think it is late 80's or very early 90's. Most early Ultra's had a BV in with the belly glass.

Hi guys,  thanks a lot for the input and suggestions. I will try them out asap. I have exams coming up this week, so aim hitting the books. I will let you guys know what's the status of the machine late next week. I relay appreciate the time and effort you guys have put in for me. Have a brilliant weekend everybody. Chat soon. btw   can someone get me another coin comparator?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.