Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 08:24:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  just got igt s-plus double diamond need help
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: just got igt s-plus double diamond need help  (Read 22818 times)
DAS33
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2012, 08:42:11 PM »

it wont take the bill
poppo
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2012, 08:51:37 PM »

Check all of the cables going to the BV. There is another test we can try on the BV it's self.  See the picture below (you will flip #1 & #6 initially). After you do the step where you turn the dip 6 off, put the head back on and try to insert a bill.

Click to enlarge.

* bv test.jpg (55.69 KB, 651x140 - viewed 293 times.)
DAS33
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2012, 09:04:55 PM »

it took the bill now bezel is blinking Clap
DAS33
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2012, 09:18:09 PM »

now that it takes bills all i have are one dollar bills cant try it..are these machines pretty quit the volume was all the way up and you can barely hear it
DAS33
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2012, 09:35:04 PM »

i went and got a 20$ and it wouldnt take it but it does have a small tear in the one corner
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2012, 09:39:07 PM »

Sometimes those volume pots get dirty. Gently turn the knob back and forth a few times (there are stops at full volume and no volume, so be careful not to force the knob past those points).

A trick to adjusting the volume with the door open is to use that tiny white test button under the coin comparator (the pseudo coin button) to hear dings as you make your adjustments to the knob.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2012, 09:40:37 PM »

Make sure you are using old-style bills (not the new style with colored denominations) as your bill acceptor may not be upgraded to accept newer bills.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
poppo

« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2012, 10:02:59 PM »

i went and got a 20$ and it wouldnt take it but it does have a small tear in the one corner

When you had the BV head out, did yours have a socketed chip on the bottom or was is a surface mount chip? If it's a socketed one, you can get an updated chip that will take everything except the new $5s. If it doesn;t have a socket, you would need to have it flashed (or install a socket yourself if you are handy with that sort of thing).

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=594.0

BTW, what did you do to get it working? That test mode is just for testing.

Are you sure you had the volume pot turned the right way? Sometimes that knob is hard to turn too, so make sure you are actually turning it.
DAS33
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2012, 12:54:14 AM »

i think its working just not taking new bills it stays lit and trys to take the bills not sure about wether its a surface mount or socket im not sure how to tell the difference
poppo

« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2012, 12:57:01 AM »

i think its working just not taking new bills it stays lit and trys to take the bills not sure about wether its a surface mount or socket im not sure how to tell the difference

It should take a $1 (all 4 ways) and give you 4 credits. Does it do that?  See the link above to see if you have the socket or surface mount.
DAS33
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2012, 01:11:17 AM »

i turn on macine after dinner the bv is not lit anymore and i have the socketed board also my machine says accept 5$,10$,20$,50$,100$ so i figured it wouldnt take 1s
poppo

« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2012, 01:15:42 AM »

i turn on macine after dinner the bv is not lit anymore and i have the socketed board also my machine says accept 5$,10$,20$,50$,100$ so i figured it wouldnt take 1s

Did you try that test mode and was that when it was working? If so, it's only a test mode and won't survive a reboot. But it does show that the BV is more or less working.

If it was working outside of test mode, then you may have a loose conection somwhere.

The DBV-200 suppports $1s regardless of what the sticker says.

Did you ever check the denomination setting? It's important.
DAS33
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2012, 01:22:27 AM »

didnt we check that last night and it was 1000
poppo

« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2012, 01:25:00 AM »

didnt we check that last night and it was 1000

No, that was the credit limit. From my previous post:

With no credits on the machine, close the door and let the machine reset. Open the door and press the self test button until you have a 6 in the coins played window. What is displayed? It should be 25. This is the denomination. If it is 0, the BV will be dissabled. This is an older SP chip and you may be able to set the denomination it in self test (vice needing a set chip). If it says 25, then just stop, as that is not the problem. if it is 0, try pressing the spin button and see if you can change it to 25. If that works, press the self test button one more time and then close the door and see what happens.

Also, you need to put all of the BV dip switches back the way they were. It won't work if any of those on the second bank are on. Those are for test modes.
DAS33
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2012, 01:34:31 AM »

its on 25.... the light came on when we did the dip swith test earlier are they supposed to be off all the time? they have all been off since we did that test
poppo

« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2012, 11:03:23 AM »

its on 25.... the light came on when we did the dip swith test earlier are they supposed to be off all the time? they have all been off since we did that test

Ok, denomination is ok. Yes DIP switches on BV should be off. The test only checkes the BV unit. So if the bezel was never lit when they were off (after a fresh power up) you still have a problem. I would check the two cables that go to the left of the BV (checlk the pins) and folow them back to the black power supply. Then follow the other ones that come out of the power supply. One is for power (that one is ok since the BV cycles)  and one will go to the motherboard. Make sure it's seated well.

From the dip switch test, we know that the the BV head is working. But the 27_0 test did not work. So it sounds like a cabling issue to me.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.